• Start date
rustyneversleeps

rustyneversleeps

Supporting Member
Mar 29, 2021
Montana
Ownership

1. 520
Hey everyone - just wanted to say how much I appreciate the wealth of knowledge on this forum and the willingness for members to help each other out. I have a 520 on order and have been in the major rabbit hole of accessories and figuring out the best route to go with things. This place has been beyond helpful.

I'm from Montana and mostly going to be using the machine to ice fish, trail ride, work around the land, and occasionally will be taking it hunting. This is my list so far....haha

-UTV 801 or EMP windshield
-Honda OEM hard top
-Bison/Strong Made/Outkast/etc front bumper
-Winch (I've seen a couple posts mention getting a winch from the Club Store)
-Rear windshield/dust cover
-Tires at some point
-Cab heater
-Hard doors if I can find a good option
-Auger mount
-GPS mount for galaxy A tab
-Skid plates/arm guards
-EPS for tracks
-Camso or Kimpex tracks (fall/winter)

Definitely open to any other ideas on possible accessories and I appreciate any advice/guidance/tips, as I am completely new to the Honda SxS world. Have had a few ATVs, mini bike, and used a handful of other UTVs, but never had one of my own. I'm jacked up to say the least haha.

Thanks all

LilRedDonkey

LilRedDonkey

Feb 25, 2021
cheesyland
Ownership

1. 500
advice, slow down on purchasing until you see that 520. now that it's april i will call on my 500 in a about a week and if i;m told they pushed off till may i'm getting my deposit back and going with 2nd choice. i will be selling wheels and tires and roof that's been waiting. that's where i stopped after 2 month's push off, it's now been 3 month's and may will be 4. hope your luck with the 520 is better.

rustyneversleeps

rustyneversleeps

Supporting Member
Mar 29, 2021
Montana
Ownership

1. 520
advice, slow down on purchasing until you see that 520. now that it's april i will call on my 500 in a about a week and if i;m told they pushed off till may i'm getting my deposit back and going with 2nd choice. i will be selling wheels and tires and roof that's been waiting. that's where i stopped after 2 month's push off, it's now been 3 month's and may will be 4. hope your luck with the 520 is better.
I'm definitely with you on this - the delivery date on my machine was supposed to be March 30th, but now looking more like mid-April. He seemed pretty confident that it will get there, but like you I'm not holding my breath. I don't NEED it really until fall/winter, so I'm not in a huge hurry anyways. The only thing I've committed to at this point is the OEM hard top that I had the dealer order.

Reactions: DaddyDubbs
LilRedDonkey

LilRedDonkey

Feb 25, 2021
cheesyland
Ownership

1. 500
I'm definitely with you on this - the delivery date on my machine was supposed to be March 30th, but now looking more like mid-April. He seemed pretty confident that it will get there, but like you I'm not holding my breath. I don't NEED it really until fall/winter, so I'm not in a huge hurry anyways. The only thing I've committed to at this point is the OEM hard top that I had the dealer order.
good thing! another guy just posted he's been pushed off since feb. on his 520. Oh, welcome!

Reactions: rustyneversleeps
P

pappyo

Dec 19, 2013
R.N.S.
Welcome from Central N.Y

Alumalite makes Hard Cab SYSTEM.weight's 280 lbs. ( hence need to use Alumilite glass windshield ) - "Pricey" - Vary nice set up.
Disadvantage's :
1- Weight : is equal to constant exrtra 280 lbs. Passenger ( better springs & or SHOCKS now in the picture ).
2- Full doors need a lot of room to open : ( Honda" P520" doors fit & seal is decent -- less lbs.-- front 1/2 of door opens.

With Tracks EPS is a good to have - & to get traction on all 4 corners you'll need TORQ- LOCKER.

UHM Skid &A-Arm Kit is what most are running.

If you bought the things mentioned ( net Worth is now 9/10 K Less.)
Hard Cab,wiper, & heat 4000.00 plus ( Beleave it or Not Honda Cab is significantly LESS $$$ & weight )
Trcak Kit 4500 plus
EPS /Tork - Locker 1000.00
If you have anything left on your Credit line the UHM FULL KIT is 700.00 to 900.00

FYI: PLAN Carefully -- What you buy now Will --effect the FIT of future acc.

These SXS Tend to Lower your Net Worth.

rustyneversleeps

rustyneversleeps

Supporting Member
Mar 29, 2021
Montana
Ownership

1. 520
R.N.S.
Welcome from Central N.Y

Alumalite makes Hard Cab SYSTEM.weight's 280 lbs. ( hence need to use Alumilite glass windshield ) - "Pricey" - Vary nice set up.
Disadvantage's :
1- Weight : is equal to constant exrtra 280 lbs. Passenger ( better springs & or SHOCKS now in the picture ).
2- Full doors need a lot of room to open : ( Honda" P520" doors fit & seal is decent -- less lbs.-- front 1/2 of door opens.

With Tracks EPS is a good to have - & to get traction on all 4 corners you'll need TORQ- LOCKER.

UHM Skid &A-Arm Kit is what most are running.

If you bought the things mentioned ( net Worth is now 9/10 K Less.)
Hard Cab,wiper, & heat 4000.00 plus ( Beleave it or Not Honda Cab is significantly LESS $$$ & weight )
Trcak Kit 4500 plus
EPS /Tork - Locker 1000.00
If you have anything left on your Credit line the UHM FULL KIT is 700.00 to 900.00

FYI: PLAN Carefully -- What you buy now Will --effect the FIT of future acc.

These SXS Tend to Lower your Net Worth.

Thanks a lot for the info man, I really appreciate it! I was looking at those Alumilites, but like you said super pricey. I might end up just getting the Honda doors, but was just trying to get it fully enclosed for winter/ice fishing and the throw back from the tracks.

The breakdown definitely helps a lot! Nothings on the credit card...all cash, but wouldnt like to spend it all at once haha. Planning on just adding pieces here and there over time.

Reactions: Mudwing
P

pappyo

Dec 19, 2013
Here is a picture of Lil- Red -B! tch.
Cab = P520 Doors , Honda Roof , Kolpin Hard Rear Panel , Heater & Heated Bucket SEATS ( from rzr )

At this time have a Honda Hard Coat Windshield.
Will go glass when 801 is sure his will fit with P520 DOORS. ( Have had a few conversations just not sure at this time. )

Had P500 Doors up graded to P520 DOORS much Nicer Fit & Seal

I do run Tracks in winter ( Cab becomes a Must Have )
The mud guards front & Rear are made out of box liner ( rear extensions are big truck mud flaps cut down.
The extra fuel with Tracks becomes a Must Have.

20210224 100408 20200725 122406

rustyneversleeps

rustyneversleeps

Supporting Member
Mar 29, 2021
Montana
Ownership

1. 520
Cab = P520 Doors , Honda Roof , Kolpin Hard Rear Panel , Heater & Heated Bucket SEATS ( from rzr )

Will go glass when 801 is sure his will fit with P520 DOORS. ( Have had a few conversations just not sure at this time. )

The mud guards front & Rear are made out of box liner ( rear extensions are big truck mud flaps cut down.

View attachment 264443 View attachment 264444
Love the rig man - I read your thread about the 520 doors. I don't need these until fall, but leaning towards calling the dealer tomorrow and having him order them from Honda to hopefully save a little money on the accessory discount. Do you have some sort of product number to reference the new 520 doors? I would be nervous of the dealer just ordering the 500 doors. Thanks man

Reactions: Smitty335
Montecresto

Montecresto

Montecresto el segundo
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jan 17, 2016
Eastern oklahoma
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500

3. 1000-3

4. 1000-5

5. Talon X4

View attachment 264443 View attachment 264444
SOB.....😳
That dude is packed out.....👍

P

pappyo

Dec 19, 2013
R.N.S.
Cash is the way to go ( interest saved will Buy More Acc. )

NOT P500

Be careful to Order "P520" DOORS.
Honda part # 0SR90 - HL5 - A01B - FABRIC DOORS - BLACK ( $641.95 MSRP ) took this off dealers invoice.
Camo# 0SR0-HL5-A01C More $$
Have to Print Installation Instructions From Honda on line site.

Last edited:
Reactions: rustyneversleeps
rustyneversleeps

rustyneversleeps

Supporting Member
Mar 29, 2021
Montana
Ownership

1. 520
@pappyo thanks again for the help. I emailed the dealer and will hopefully have the 520 doors on order as well. Back to the windshield - was leaning heavy towards the 801 windshields, but curious on what you've found out already? Is there a possible update/upgrade happening that would have better fitment for the 520? I can hold off a bit if thats the case, would just like to have the best option available. Thanks again

Reactions: pappyo
P

pappyo

Dec 19, 2013
Unknown territory.
Fred had not seen the P520 DOORS. ( sent him some pictures)
Fred doesn't expect to see doors put back on until later in the year in his area.( most are taking Doors off now )

As of now No customer has Put Fred's Windshield on a machine with P520 Doors.

You could call Fred at 801-380 -1255

rustyneversleeps

rustyneversleeps

Supporting Member
Mar 29, 2021
Montana
Ownership

1. 520
@pappyo Did you have any fitment issues with the Kolpin rear windshield/hard panel on your 520? Found a good deal on one and was thinking about picking it up.

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!