D

DuneFlyer

Nov 27, 2018
Lake Havasu, AZ
Ownership

1. Do not currently own
From the Blue Ribbon Coalition:

Dear Friends,

On May 21, 2021, The Moab Field Office of the Bureau of Land Management announced its final Record of Decision for the Canyon Rims Travel Management Area which includes numerous closures of this popular area south of Moab, Utah, in San Juan County. Fortunately, the BlueRibbon Coalition has been engaged in the process and has filed an appeal of the decision.

Here's what is at stake:
  • BLM is closing ~45 miles out of 276 miles of roads.
  • BLM is closing 139 out of 296 routes.
  • Many of the routes being closed lead to breathtaking scenic viewpoints, dispersed camping areas, and a variety of different riding experiences.
  • Several routes have been identified as R.S. 2477 roads, so BLM shouldn't be closing them while federal courts are currently determining their status.
  • The justifications for closures are weak and, in some cases, it appears roads were illegally closed to make it appear as if they weren't being used.
  • This is one of the first travel areas to go through this process, and if we don't fight now it will send a signal to BLM that closing public lands from public use is acceptable.
  • This is happening because radical environmental groups sued the BLM and created an environment where BLM managers feel pressured to close roads even though the environmental impacts don't justify closure.

We want to also point out that our appeal combined with a sustained public outcry will send a strong signal to the BLM managers that they must take the interests of those who like to recreate on public land as seriously as they take the interests of radical anti-access environmental groups.

For more information, you can read this detailed post:
https://www.sharetrails.org/blueribbon-coalition-announces-appeal-of-blm-canyon-rims-closures/

You can also help as we engage in the planning process in other areas where we are fighting to protect access on over 10,000 miles of roads. Sign up for the 10,000+ Project: https://www.sharetrails.org/current-issues/10000-project-keep-utah-open/

To become a donor to the legal fund, click here:
https://secure.anedot.com/blueribbon-coalition-sharetrails/utah-tmp

Thanks in advance and, as always, if you have any questions or concerns, please contact BRC.

Ben Burr
Policy Director
BlueRibbon Coalition/Sharetrails
[email protected]

NTCPrezJB

NTCPrezJB

President of #NTC
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jan 30, 2018
Canton, OH
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Thank you. I don't keep up on stuff and there are many a time things just go right over the top of my head. I couldn't think of what else BLM would stand for.
No stress. The looting and rioting BLM has had far more media coverage than the Land Management BLM that had the initials for decades before them. Makes perfect sense why the mind goes there first.

bowhunterbill

bowhunterbill

May 31, 2019
Bozeman, MT
Thank you. I don't keep up on stuff and there are many a time things just go right over the top of my head. I couldn't think of what else BLM would stand for.

It’s completely off - topic but BLM was formed when the GLO (Government Land Office) and the land leading departments were merged after WW2.

BLM land is largely the land nobody wanted to homesteaded on and remained public.

Carry on!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!