1. 700-4
I could send pictures or face face time if it would help

Alan_Vander

Alan_Vander

Mar 19, 2019
rosepine,la
Ownership

1. 700-4
Not really if its was an old ford or chevy sure but here there isnt the room plus the feel of things. To get good videos with the motor inside the machine. Id tear the rear cover off. And take a look around but id do it with starter in place kinda get a good look at everything. And to tell you the truth im not even sure if thats possible what i just said i havent really been that far into 1. Replaced dads big red starter once my 2014 is still on stock starter. How old are the batteries? Before you try the new starter take the batteries down and get a load test done on them just as a 100% sure your knocking everything out running while diagnosing. Leave them on trickle over night let them stand for about 2 hrs then load test them. You could possibly be getting the volts but not the amps. But thats just a thought.

Sent from my moto z4 using Tapatalk

C

CountryCurt700

May 28, 2020
Ownership

1. 700-4
Ill try that out. Both batteries were purchased in February. But ice seen weirder s*** than a defective battery so worth a shot 👍

DG Rider

DG Rider

Member: Triple Clutch Club
Lifetime Member
Aug 14, 2013
Casa Grande, AZ
Ownership

1. 700-2
Check the compression. If it's over the 80psi mark (like way over), could be the auto decompression device on the cam not working.

Reactions: Mudwing
1950Willys

1950Willys

Apr 4, 2019
Arkansas
Ownership

1. 700-2
I believe the use of washers to make it line up is the key. It may be misaligned to the point the starter gear gets in a bind and doesn't disengage quick enough or sometimes not at all. This would explain why the starter gears are damaged.

Reactions: gch1911 and Mudwing

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!