P1000m5 Body Dull Prevention

H

HeavyGear

Nov 2, 2015
I have a Camo P1000-5 that will may sit in the hot summer sun for most of the summer because of daily use or no use at all. I'm different places during the week and can't always park it inside. My Question is how do I protect it? I've seen Rhino's and some older Polaris Camo patterns turn purple and don't want that to happen to mine. Anyone have experience with this?

JACKAL

JACKAL

Ancient Honda fanboi
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jun 11, 2015
Pioneer, TN
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5
If you can't Park it inside may want to invest in a cover to put over it. If it has the same camouflage application process as the Rincon you will end up with all tan plastics anyway if pressure washed enough at high enough pressure.

CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Just a Honda doing Honda things.
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
Just do a factory cover they are under a 100-just over online

B

Boomboom907

Apr 27, 2016
Washington
Ownership

1. Do not currently own
Idk. A cover is gonna be a quarter of brand new plastics.. maybe not the pretty camo ones. You got them to show them off. Show them off till they are ugly and replace them?

JACKAL

JACKAL

Ancient Honda fanboi
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jun 11, 2015
Pioneer, TN
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5
Idk. A cover is gonna be a quarter of brand new plastics.. maybe not the pretty camo ones. You got them to show them off. Show them off till they are ugly and replace them?
You better price camouflage plastics buddy. It's around $2,100 MSRP. Last time I checked nothing like the $218 for all the other colors. Even discounted 30% it's around $1500 for the Honda camouflage. I think they believe it is made of 24k gold leaf or something.

B

Boomboom907

Apr 27, 2016
Washington
Ownership

1. Do not currently own
You better price camouflage plastics buddy. It's around $2,100 MSRP. Last time I checked nothing like the $218 for all the other colors. Even discounted 30% it's around $1500 for the Honda camouflage. I think they believe it is made of 24k gold leaf or something.

Well...... ifn yall read my post i said maybe not for the camo ones.

I don't care a lick about the camo. I also don't care what they cost. Up here, camo is for the pretty boys.

Bears are brown and they get moose. Wolves are grey and they get moose. Fox are red and they get rabbits. Most of the time the only thing that doesn't get food is what's wearing camo.

I hate babying things. I would rather plastidip over the plastics and be done with it.

However, that's just me. I realise some people like the way things look, so I try and give them their space. spending 2000 dollars in painted plastic panels on a rig that's going to drive through trees isnt my thing.

If it ain't rusted, it's purty

Do you know how difficult it is to get decent gear that is not in camo? Why does every fleece jacket and pants have to be camo? I'm talking to you cabelas.

Build a shed and park her under.

TractorMan

TractorMan

May 19, 2016
Georgia
Ownership

1. 1000-3
I have a Camo P1000-5 that will may sit in the hot summer sun for most of the summer because of daily use or no use at all. I'm different places during the week and can't always park it inside. My Question is how do I protect it? I've seen Rhino's and some older Polaris Camo patterns turn purple and don't want that to happen to mine. Anyone have experience with this?
Had my Rhino 660 for 11+ years, camo looked great the day I sold it. I did keep it under a carport though when not in use. This south east Ga. sun is hard on everything. Can't speak for Hondas application process for the camo yet. Give me 12 more years and I will let you know. You might want to spray it down with that aero space 303 protectant. It is supposed to block uv rays. Heard it was good stuff. I did not like putting any of that stuff on my machine though and rarely did. It was a dust magnet.

Jediwrathchild

Jediwrathchild

Apr 24, 2016
Kodiak, AK
Well...... ifn yall read my post i said maybe not for the camo ones.

I don't care a lick about the camo. I also don't care what they cost. Up here, camo is for the pretty boys.

Bears are brown and they get moose. Wolves are grey and they get moose. Fox are red and they get rabbits. Most of the time the only thing that doesn't get food is what's wearing camo.

I hate babying things. I would rather plastidip over the plastics and be done with it.

However, that's just me. I realise some people like the way things look, so I try and give them their space. spending 2000 dollars in painted plastic panels on a rig that's going to drive through trees isnt my thing.

If it ain't rusted, it's purty

Do you know how difficult it is to get decent gear that is not in camo? Why does every fleece jacket and pants have to be camo? I'm talking to you cabelas.

Build a shed and park her under.

Off topic but i totally agree! I love quality Kuiu and Sitka gear, but I refuse to wear effing camo! Fortunately they finally came out with Solids lines, but good luck finding em in stock anywhere... And they're never on sale.

bigdeal

bigdeal

Jan 25, 2016
south ga
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Had my Rhino 660 for 11+ years, camo looked great the day I sold it. I did keep it under a carport though when not in use. This south east Ga. sun is hard on everything. Can't speak for Hondas application process for the camo yet. Give me 12 more years and I will let you know. You might want to spray it down with that aero space 303 protectant. It is supposed to block uv rays. Heard it was good stuff. I did not like putting any of that stuff on my machine though and rarely did. It was a dust magnet.

Where in south GA. I know it sure gets hot on the Satilla

advertisement
B

Boomboom907

Apr 27, 2016
Washington
Ownership

1. Do not currently own
Off topic but i totally agree! I love quality Kuiu and Sitka gear, but I refuse to wear effing camo! Fortunately they finally came out with Solids lines, but good luck finding em in stock anywhere... And they're never on sale.
I'm not super impressed with either. Good gear but way over priced. Like badlands. I'm so over my badlands phase. Lord. 130 bucks for my fanny pack, 2 broken zippers after 6 outtings. Eberlestock is my choice from here on out.

I like cabelas gear for clothing, berber fleece is the absolute way to go on anything other than pouring rain. If it is, slip on my gortex jacket (digicam....) check that out. Cabelas brand berber fleece. Just that jacket is gonna keep you dry and alive all day down to like -20 degrees, it's extremely breathable, and snow and water can't penetrate the fleece so you stay dry.

Thread hijack over.

TractorMan

TractorMan

May 19, 2016
Georgia
Ownership

1. 1000-3
Where in south GA. I know it sure gets hot on the Satilla
Kingsland, Woodbine, ST Marys area. I tell people all of the time that when I meet my maker he will say, well son I was gonna send you to Hell but I see you lived in South East Georgia so Time Served. I am joking of coarse.

bigdeal

bigdeal

Jan 25, 2016
south ga
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Kingsland, Woodbine, ST Marys area. I tell people all of the time that when I meet my maker he will say, well son I was gonna send you to Hell but I see you lived in South East Georgia so Time Served. I am joking of coarse.

That's right! I live in Waycross and ride the river not far from FatDaddys ATV park.

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!