Bought me a 700-4 Camo!!!

C

cladenberger

Oct 18, 2013
5e5avenu

My wife, kids and I took it to our property last weekend and we all fell in love with it. I was really surprised by the low end power up steep hills and whatnot. My son (15) pretty much took it over for the whole day Saturday as I was brush hogging and putting in a winter food plot. The only thing I noticed is kind of a weird noise from what I think is the transmission. It's when it is kind of in "coast" mode. I think it's normal but I will take it to dealer soon just to make sure. I also went to Harbor Freight and picked up one of their UTV cargo carriers for $42.00 (what a bargain) so I can still haul my cooler or a deer or anything with 4 people in tow. We love our new Backwoods Cadillac!!E2a8e7uv

fishin2Dmax

fishin2Dmax

Lifetime Member
Sep 22, 2013
Utah
Very nice! The more I see the Honda Pioneer Camo color, the more I like it. My family really likes our Pioneer as well -maybe someday they'll let me drive it :) Your idea of the rear hitch mount carrier is a great for extra space when the rear seats are in use. At some point, the aftermarket for the Pioneer should kick in with many carrier options like all the other UTV's have. I too have developed a similar strange "tranny or drive line " sound that occurs when going slightly down hill or "coasting" that seems to have gotten much more pronounced recently - almost sounds like a universal joint has too much excess play? The fact that it is getting more noticeable is why I'm going to have mine checked out by the dealer.

B

b4hntn

Lifetime Member
Oct 14, 2013
texashuntinglease.com
Got the green p4 Friday and had a great hunting weekend. I also noticed a "clack" when crossing a creek with heavy load and not worried it.
It is fantastic in the woods deer hunting and we are already thinking quail hunting on the plains.

Has anyone got a plan to mount dog boxes high on the back up away from the exhaust? We want to use all 4 seats.

T

tbaker

Aug 31, 2013
NW. Georgia
Ownership

1. 1000-3
I have the 2 seat pioneer in green and mine does the same thing going down a hill with the brakes on sounds like the are grabbing or grinding and it is pretty loud. I think it is the back brake and it needs adjusting the dealer told me to bring it in and they would look at it. does not sound good when you are trying to sneak up on a deer food plot. why did Honda not put brakes on all 4 wheels the back brake looks like it is on the drive shaft. does the big red have brakes on all 4 wheels.

C

chesterl35

Aug 7, 2013
One caliper, rotor, etc is lighter and keeps the cost of the machine down. Its one of many little things done for this reason. Its better protected as well. With a locking rear diff you can stop the driveshaft amd it stops both rear tires evenly. Mine did this a few times after deep mud. Just splashed through the next water I saw a little harder amd cleared right up

RacerX400600

RacerX400600

Jun 22, 2013
Yeah, Probably just noise due to the driveline slack from the brake rotor to the rear wheels.

I

idahohntr

Lifetime Member
Sep 12, 2013
Congrats on the new ride!

greenatv

greenatv

Lifetime Member
Feb 18, 2013
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Ooh, I do like the camo.
And welcome.

C

cladenberger

Oct 18, 2013
Thanks all! The noise on mine sounds to be just like Fishin2Dmax's. If it doesn't get better I will take it in for them to look at. I did buy the 4 yr extended warranty as well just for a bit of insurance. I will probably have to wait a while to accessorize as my wife is still a bit shell shocked on me purchasing the Pioneer alone. I'm sure she'll come around. :)

advertisement
W

Westtnpioneer

Edjumacated
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 21, 2013
West Tennessee
Ownership

1. Do not currently own
I love my p4 camo. So far the camo coating is holding up very well to scratches.