Last edited:
Reactions: CID
W

Wilson1

Mar 25, 2020
Salt Lake City Ut
Ownership

1. Talon R
A good harness will help a bunch. Much of the throttle problem is from your body bouncing around. A good harness set and 30" tires will do the trick.

PhilCod

PhilCod

Dec 10, 2019
Indiana
Ownership

1. Talon X
I agree the bouncy throttle has been an issue. Especially when your going slow though rough steep stuff. I do believe the learning curve helps and I think once the machine is broken in some it goes away some, or I've gotten use to it. Good input on here. I do like the idea of a cable adjustment in conjunction with a heavier spring. The foot support seems like an easy one as well. Good write up with good input. Thanks.

R

Rocko340

Aug 18, 2020
Ownership

1. Other Brand
This pedal will take some getting used to. Test driving 3 different machines the Talon throttle got me when I crossed a small ditch, I had to look at my wife and say "that wasn't me". I'm sure I would get used to it, the other 2 machines were no issue.

CID

CID

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 27, 2019
SE Denver-ish
Ownership

1. Talon R
It's controllable with a little time behind the wheel. If you're a utube kinda guy here's a video in the rocks and you can hear that I'm not having any jumpy throttle problems. I haven't done anything to the throttle, I just rest my foot against the tunnel which helps my keep my ankle from rocking (stock seat belt).

The highlight(?) is at 6:20.

HUCK

HUCK

Lifetime Member
Jun 21, 2016
ARIZONA
Ownership

1. 500

2. Talon X
This pedal will take some getting used to. Test driving 3 different machines the Talon throttle got me when I crossed a small ditch, I had to look at my wife and say "that wasn't me". I'm sure I would get used to it, the other 2 machines were no issue.
The others you drove were belt drive probably . Talon hit the gas, IT GOES ! Belt drive , you hit the gas ,,,the belt tightens up and eventually you go .

Smitty335

Smitty335

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 3, 2016
NWA Arkansas
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
The others you drove were belt drive probably . Talon hit the gas, IT GOES ! Belt drive , you hit the gas ,,,the belt tightens up and eventually you go .
I've been thinking about a heel stop made out of a busted piece of skid plate? That would be easy to clean around.

Reactions: Iowamike
HUCK

HUCK

Lifetime Member
Jun 21, 2016
ARIZONA
Ownership

1. 500

2. Talon X
I've been thinking about a heel stop made out of a busted piece of skid plate? That would be easy to clean around.
Really the best fix is a ThrottleMax . They work GREAT and if you are just flying you can flip it up and it's as if it wasn't there . If they don't have a Talon one in stock , the Pioneer 500 one they sell fits and works perfectly . After my first rock climbing trip I came home and popped the one off my Pioneer and put it on the Talon .

Reactions: TripleB
R

Rocko340

Aug 18, 2020
Ownership

1. Other Brand
I'm a little wary ot the Throttle Maxx, that thing is dragging on the floor. Any debris on the floor, mud etc could hang it up. I know everyone will say it's been great and no problems and I hope it stays that way but it's not for me.

R

Rocko340

Aug 18, 2020
Ownership

1. Other Brand

Yes but one I drove has some low gear throttle mapping which keeps throttle input very smooth in bumpy terrain.

HUCK

HUCK

Lifetime Member
Jun 21, 2016
ARIZONA
Ownership

1. 500

2. Talon X
I'm a little wary ot the Throttle Maxx, that thing is dragging on the floor. Any debris on the floor, mud etc could hang it up. I know everyone will say it's been great and no problems and I hope it stays that way but it's not for me.
Hey , no worries . Mine has been on the Talon for over a year and 2 years on the P5 with no issues . Another almost free fix is get a BIG thick sponge or the likes and attach to the under side of the gas pedal . Have a friend using this method and she likes it .

Montecresto

Montecresto

Montecresto el segundo
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jan 17, 2016
Eastern oklahoma
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500

3. 1000-3

4. 1000-5

5. Talon X4
If they don't have a Talon one in stock , the Pioneer 500 one they sell fits and works perfectly
Good to know....😎

B

bionicman

Oct 19, 2019
seattle
Ownership

1. Talon X
throttle max helps but you cant polish a turd....

dpnorth

dpnorth

North adventures south
Lifetime Member
Jan 2, 2018
Crawfordville FL
www.youtube.com
Ownership

1. 500

2. Other Brand

3. Talon X
took throttle max off my p5 before trading it, fits talon fine with a little persuasion from a hammer. had it on for about a year. it does help--more with ergos than anything, still touchy as all hell. had it get stuck on the ripples in floor board a few times--that happens more often than not when i get the buggy air-borne. need to bend the tip up just a whisker to help it slide. been meaning to bend mine a little more. it really needs a heavier spring in the cockpit on the stock throttle IMO. --i still prefer the talons SNAP over my wifes RZR 1K soggy mush pile of a throttle/response.

Rednick69

Rednick69

Sep 10, 2020
White Hall, AR.
Ownership

1. Other Brand
Really the best fix is a ThrottleMax . They work GREAT and if you are just flying you can flip it up and it's as if it wasn't there . If they don't have a Talon one in stock , the Pioneer 500 one they sell fits and works perfectly . After my first rock climbing trip I came home and popped the one off my Pioneer and put it on the Talon .
I hope youre right about the pioneer 500 throttlemaxx fitting the talon. I ordered me one. :D

Reactions: Josh97stang
Montecresto

Montecresto

Montecresto el segundo
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jan 17, 2016
Eastern oklahoma
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500

3. 1000-3

4. 1000-5

5. Talon X4
Best fix is the X4, it doesn’t have the problem. Maybe length of cable absorbing it some....🤷‍♂️

Reactions: Smitty335
lowranger

lowranger

Supporting Member
Sep 23, 2020
Northern California
Ownership

1. Talon X
I have trouble holding steady with gas pedal on slow rocky trails. Has anyone found a fix or a tip to help prevent the bucking bronco syndrome!
I have the same questions..

S

stephanedube

Jul 1, 2019
canada
Ownership

1. Talon X
bandit tender spring and i add little spring on gas pedal . no more bouncy throttle.

Reactions: Sheetmetalfab

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!