HUCK

HUCK

Lifetime Member
Jun 21, 2016
ARIZONA
Ownership

1. 500

2. Talon X
I have trouble holding steady with gas pedal on slow rocky trails. Has anyone found a fix or a tip to help prevent the bucking bronco syndrome!
Buy a ThrottleMax . I took the one off my Pioneer 500 and it fits and works perfectly . Stops the bouncy throttle problem 75% .

Code54

Code54

Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jan 31, 2015
Hurricane West Virginia
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. Talon X
Are you still happy with the ThottleMax from you 500 on your Talon? Working ok?
That Talon is TOUCHY

B

bionicman

Oct 19, 2019
seattle
Ownership

1. Talon X
throttlemax helps but while owners dont want to hear it other than 'you'll get use to it" ' the throttle bounce'

but I custom made a bracket & tied a Saint 10 spd mountain bike derrailur adjustment that effectivly increases rpms by 500-700 rpm per click & mounted on the shifter

works & at no point hinders full throttle applications

Sheetmetalfab

Sheetmetalfab

Liberal kryptonite. truth and logic….
Lifetime Member
Jul 21, 2019
Alaska
Ownership

1. Do not currently own

2. Talon X4
throttlemax helps but while owners dont want to hear it other than 'you'll get use to it" ' the throttle bounce'

but I custom made a bracket & tied a Saint 10 spd mountain bike derrailur adjustment that effectivly increases rpms by 500-700 rpm per click & mounted on the shifter

works & at no point hinders full throttle applications

I’m interested in more information about this.

is it setup as a low speed cruise control?

Reactions: CID
dpnorth

dpnorth

North adventures south
Lifetime Member
Jan 2, 2018
Crawfordville FL
www.youtube.com
Ownership

1. 500

2. Other Brand

3. Talon X
Fits the Talon? Jeez I've been waiting months for them to launch one for the Talon. I'll just go buy the one for the p500!
Thanks for telling us!!!
Thats what I did. Helps a bit. Not a perfect fit, but works. I beat it on w/ a deadblow mallet, and drilled a hole through the top-right corner of the pedal face and throttlemax. put a stainless allen panhead in it with a nylock nut. Can keep your right-foot flat on the floor and still apply throttle. helps a lot in the chop, and crawling through tight trails. I will say its like a 75% reduction in chop/bounce. still happens tho.... I am going to try tightening up the slack in throttle cable. Sounds like a good suggestion to me.

Montecresto

Montecresto

Montecresto el segundo
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jan 17, 2016
Eastern oklahoma
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500

3. 1000-3

4. 1000-5

5. Talon X4
If its anything like the pioneer, its part of the learning curve. Your foot has to get trained and use to it. It wont take long. Although ive never used one, I think some people use a throttle max to help. Keep riding!
Exactly correct, I have both and they are the same. Time in the saddle is the fix.

dd963

dd963

Apr 24, 2019
Pennsylvania
Ownership

1. Talon X
i added 8lbs more springs to my gas pedal to make it harder to push and put shock therapy kit on the shocks. now i very rarley have the throttle problem anymore

dpnorth

dpnorth

North adventures south
Lifetime Member
Jan 2, 2018
Crawfordville FL
www.youtube.com
Ownership

1. 500

2. Other Brand

3. Talon X
i added 8lbs more springs to my gas pedal to make it harder to push and put shock therapy kit on the shocks. now i very rarley have the throttle problem anymore

^^THIS!!!! More information on the spring/setup you used please!!! I started looking without much luck. I think this is the major ticket.

Plz on some pics too if you added an additional spring in conjunction with the stock one. :D

dpnorth

dpnorth

North adventures south
Lifetime Member
Jan 2, 2018
Crawfordville FL
www.youtube.com
Ownership

1. 500

2. Other Brand

3. Talon X
If its anything like the pioneer, its part of the learning curve. Your foot has to get trained and use to it. It wont take long. Although ive never used one, I think some people use a throttle max to help. Keep riding!

I don’t think it is anything like the P1k, TBH. I ride with a couple buddies who have pioneers. They can blip the throttle on purpose, just to make some racket with their exhausts and it doesn’t snap anything like the Talon. The thing will break your neck. H or L, doesn’t matter. Maybe its a break-in thing, but 25HP difference seems to matter.

B

bionicman

Oct 19, 2019
seattle
Ownership

1. Talon X
I’m interested in more information about this.

is it setup as a low speed cruise control?
forum doesnt allow picture uploads ~ in summary I custom fab ed up a bracket to support the actuation & tied into upper mounting bolt for upper throttle assembly
setup the first couple clicks take out cable slack thus no rpm adjustment but third & fourth click are the ticket for rock crawling/trail speeds
at no point of 0 to 4 click adjustments does it hinder a knee locking throttle application in those situations requiring additional motivation

89% of ALL youtube utv fails are a DIRECT result of the driver stabbing the throttle not cognizant of contact patch / traction management implications. period.

the setup works to approx 3/8 throttle & at that point runs out of adjustment but dont have a need for 55mph 'cruise control'....

think Teraflex Jeep Wrangler Hand Throttle Cable Kit 4870402 (97-06 Jeep Wrangler TJ)

Reactions: Sheetmetalfab
Montecresto

Montecresto

Montecresto el segundo
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jan 17, 2016
Eastern oklahoma
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500

3. 1000-3

4. 1000-5

5. Talon X4
forum doesnt allow picture uploads ~ in summary I custom fab ed up a bracket to support the actuation & tied into upper mounting bolt for upper throttle assembly
setup the first couple clicks take out cable slack thus no rpm adjustment but third & fourth click are the ticket for rock crawling/trail speeds
at no point of 0 to 4 click adjustments does it hinder a knee locking throttle application in those situations requiring additional motivation

89% of ALL youtube utv fails are a DIRECT result of the driver stabbing the throttle not cognizant of contact patch / traction management implications. period.

the setup works to approx 3/8 throttle & at that point runs out of adjustment but dont have a need for 55mph 'cruise control'....

think Teraflex Jeep Wrangler Hand Throttle Cable Kit 4870402 (97-06 Jeep Wrangler TJ)
We all upload photos regularly. There may be a timed restriction however for new members.

B

bk5r

Apr 13, 2020
Congress, AZ
Ownership

1. Talon R
I went with a little simpler solution. I made piece out of 20 ga SS spring steel. About 7" X 2" with a cutout to clear the "trans tunnel". Attached it to the gas pedal with two screws at the groove on the pedal. Really took the bounce out of the action.

Tramguage1

Tramguage1

Texan
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jul 2, 2015
Somereset, Texas
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
I went with a little simpler solution. I made piece out of 20 ga SS spring steel. About 7" X 2" with a cutout to clear the "trans tunnel". Attached it to the gas pedal with two screws at the groove on the pedal. Really took the bounce out of the action.
Pictures please!

CID

CID

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 27, 2019
SE Denver-ish
Ownership

1. Talon R
I rest my foot against the 'transmission' hump - the problem hasn't occurred for me and the ROCKY Mountains aren't noted for their smooth trails. :oops: Note that I learned to drive that way to keep from squirting the accelerator pump on carbed engines, hold yer foot still or get terrible mileage, so it's a natural extension of that lifelong habit. #oleguysrock

D

DRKnight

Jan 31, 2019
Yuma, AZ
Ownership

1. Talon X
you can adjust cables, add spring or door hinges ect. but what really works is a heal support... 20191007 125335

Reactions: TripleB
Lil_Steve

Lil_Steve

May 22, 2019
Gilbert, AZ
Ownership

1. Talon R
@jasond recently posted about a heel support in his thread and I decided to try one out. I've received and installed it but haven't had the chance to drive with it yet. I did make vroom vroom sounds trying it in the garage though. :cool:

GreenTX1000R

GreenTX1000R

May 10, 2020
Texas
Ownership

1. Talon R
What I do is use manual mode and shift to a higher gear and it helps some.

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!