P500 Brimstone on my P5?

pFive

pFive

May 3, 2016
Greenwood IN
Ownership

1. 500
So, the gang is going to Brimstone and one of them is somewhat concerned that my little 500 single cylinder buggy wont hang? Obviously I will attempt to assuage his concerns, as usually happens when I encounter doubters.

Now, I have more ground clearance than most of these guys due to my big ole tires, but I am shorter on wheelbase and suspension travel, a lot of 4 seat RZR 1k's are leading the charge and they do tend to slide down rocky ledges I guess.
But power has never been an issue, I have never run out or torque on a hill, but I will not take a chance on a hill with a lip on the top that could flip me backwards, but I dont think they like those either, and obviously off camber hills and washout ruts while traversing on hillsides will always be a concern on my 54" wide P5.

But, having never been to Brimstone myself I thought I would seek opinions here, we have been through hellish mud and up some really long steep hills that I would never have tried on a quad myself, but I do not know if some of the trail challenges at Brimstone have "Bunny trails" to get around any of the stupid stuff should I sense danger?

IMG 2691

rocmar

rocmar

Where Eagles & Angels....Dare to Fly...
Lifetime Member
Dec 21, 2014
4 CORNERS
Ownership

1. 500
So, the gang is going to Brimstone and one of them is somewhat concerned that my little 500 single cylinder buggy wont hang? Obviously I will attempt to assuage his concerns, as usually happens when I encounter doubters.

Now, I have more ground clearance than most of these guys due to my big ole tires, but I am shorter on wheelbase and suspension travel, a lot of 4 seat RZR 1k's are leading the charge and they do tend to slide down rocky ledges I guess.
But power has never been an issue, I have never run out or torque on a hill, but I will not take a chance on a hill with a lip on the top that could flip me backwards, but I dont think they like those either, and obviously off camber hills and washout ruts while traversing on hillsides will always be a concern on my 54" wide P5.

But, having never been to Brimstone myself I thought I would seek opinions here, we have been through hellish mud and up some really long steep hills that I would never have tried on a quad myself, but I do not know if some of the trail challenges at Brimstone have "Bunny trails" to get around any of the stupid stuff should I sense danger?

View attachment 22808

Might have to make your own
you'll do fine...
be careful

Montecresto

Montecresto

Montecresto el segundo
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jan 17, 2016
Eastern oklahoma
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500

3. 1000-3

4. 1000-5

5. Talon X4

View attachment 22808
Be careful out there dude, the P5 can't do many things that those other buggies can do, and those other buggies can't do things that the P5 can do. Know your limitations and stay within them to be safe, and so that you live to ride again. :)

Reactions: trigger and SBuckJ
SBuckJ

SBuckJ

Jan 21, 2015
Central PA
Not sure if Brimstone is at all like Black Mountain in KY, but if it is, you'll be fine...I rode there with an 800 RZR, an 800 RZR S, and a RZR 1000 and went everywhere they did, and actually led part of the way...I think I had better clearance than the RZR's (800) but was a little bit tippier, though I never tipped :)

Reactions: JTW
J

JTW

View attachment 22808
When are you going?

pFive

pFive

May 3, 2016
Greenwood IN
Ownership

1. 500
When are you going?
The guys have mentioned the first week (or was it weekend?) in November. I only know about 3 or 4 of them and there will be about 15 rigs going. I am deciding if I need to buy a spare tire and wheel to take with me.

Reactions: JTW
J

JTW

The guys have mentioned the first week (or was it weekend?) in November. I only know about 3 or 4 of them and there will be about 15 rigs going. I am deciding if I need to buy a spare tire and wheel to take with me.
Ooo.. Getting into deer season then.

pFive

pFive

May 3, 2016
Greenwood IN
Ownership

1. 500
Yeah, a few of the gang hunts regularly but have a lot of land to hunt on so they typically get a deer without needing to leave the city at 4am to get to the stand before sun up. Is Brimstone anybodys hunting ground?

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!