JoeyL

JoeyL

Lifetime Member
Jan 28, 2020
Houston
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I got this from an old thread.
It works really well to clean the stuck on mud. still need something after the wash though.
i like murphy's oil soap

https://amazon.com/gp/product/B00FADI37E/?tag=sxsweb24-20

tried this for after wash shine up, it works really good too. (again stolen from an earlier thread)

https://amazon.com/gp/product/B003L36UGQ/?tag=sxsweb24-20

i may try the plastic shine from above next

Reactions: Lady01 and 05Willys
Rayger143

Rayger143

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Aug 5, 2020
Winfield, BC Canada
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I only wash mine when I have to work on it, and when I think I'm finished I shut the pressure washer down and go have a beer. Come back to fire it back up to get the spots I missed. Do this about 6 times and finally its fairly clean but with a good buzz I'm too lazy to even think about polishing something I'm gonna get dirty again tomorrow.

P1K5Dave

P1K5Dave

Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jul 11, 2020
Petoskey, MI
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Armor All Tire Foam spray works well on all the black plastics. Spray it on, wipe, let it set, and hose it off.

That being said, I rarely bother. I blow off the caked mud and take her out to get dirty again. Trying to keep this thing clean is a Sisyphean task.

K

KimberproSS

Jul 16, 2019
Mount Vernon, IN
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Asking others about how they clean there machines. I have hard water in my area ,and I use a filter before the pressure washer. What I've found is that the orange peel black plastic on my Honda doesn't get as clean as the flat black plastic. So what I'am wondering is how do you get it to look clean again. ?? Washing doesn't seem to make it look nice and clean , in the orange peel areas.??
I use a power washer and a foam nozzle with foaming soap. It foams up like a carwash, let it set for 5 min. and rinse. Once dry, I use a plastic cleaner polish that sprays on with a pump sprayer and buff. This spray I use I got off of a side-by-side aftermarket website. It cleans, polishes and has antistatic properties. It works fine. I found all this stuff on Amazon also but I am trying to wean myself away from the them. Amazon has grown to big and powerful.

bumperm

bumperm

May 7, 2021
Gardnerville, NV
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Novas PC-108 & Plexus work well for their intended purpose, cleaning or polishing acrylic (plexiglas). Note that the plastic windshields on our Hondas are not acrylic (which polishes well but is relatively brittle), they are polycarbonate (trade name Lexan), which does not polish well and is nearly impossible to remove scratches from. So why do they use polycarbonate? It's darn near indestructible and will not split into shards to trash your body in a crash. Polycarbonate is wash with water and dry with microfiber etc.

303 serves a different purpose, to UV protect and restore color and luster of plastics etc. I use it on the roof of my Honda S2000 convertible and on its dash etc. I think you'll find it very good for keeping the plastic interior looking new - is does on my 18 year old Honda.

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!