P1000 New wheels and tires!

Bombardier Convert

Bombardier Convert

Oct 3, 2021
Minnesota USA
Ownership

1. 1000-3
Close to 3,000 miles on the OEM Bighorns on my 2021 HP1K-3... wanted to get something new before the old Bighorns were all used up. Will be using them when and if needed in the future. The new ones are Sedona Ridge Saws with System 3 beadlocks and are the same size as the Bighorns. Didn't want to make any changes to the suspension or need to add spacers. Just have to figure out how much air pressure I want to run in them? I will be doing mostly hard pack trails and dirt roads and some blacktop in between. I am thinking about 14 psi?

20240412 103732 20240412 103723

RacinJasonWV

RacinJasonWV

Aug 8, 2022
WV
Ownership

1. 1000-5
You have 3000 miles on those factory tires? o_O They still look pretty good.

Our factory Armstrong Dirt Masters are fairly worn with only 1500-ish miles on our 23.

Nice looking wheels and tires!

kaspar139

kaspar139

May 10, 2021
Conroe, TX
Ownership

1. 1000-3
Agree on the big horns still looking like they have plenty of tread. That being said, I love your tire/rim selection, looks sharp. I am looking at a similar setup (keeping stock size/dimensions to avoid spacers/etc. and keep geometry). I like the sedona rip saws.

Regarding PSI... 14 seems high... may 10-12 would be better? With highway driving and hard pack... you also don't want uneven wear on the rubber.

Bombardier Convert

Bombardier Convert

Oct 3, 2021
Minnesota USA
Ownership

1. 1000-3
Agree on the big horns still looking like they have plenty of tread. That being said, I love your tire/rim selection, looks sharp. I am looking at a similar setup (keeping stock size/dimensions to avoid spacers/etc. and keep geometry). I like the sedona rip saws.

Regarding PSI... 14 seems high... may 10-12 would be better? With highway driving and hard pack... you also don't want uneven wear on the rubber.
Thanks guys for the replies! Thanks kaspar139 for the psi comment. I currently have psi at about 10 front and rear. I might go up to 12 on the rear? I agree that 14 may be too much on these Sedona's. I sure don't want to have unnecessary premature wear. I will probably be doing at least 1/4 to 1/3 of my total summer riding on blacktop just to get to a trail access and back.
I have seen some good reviews on the rip saws as well.

Reactions: Remington and ChadD
kaspar139

kaspar139

May 10, 2021
Conroe, TX
Ownership

1. 1000-3
It could probably use a bath... but wouldn't be staying clean too long anyway.. lol!

View attachment 425807
Good looking rig, like the blue. I see you have the extra front fenders. I added the Mud busters (in the rear only) and it HUGE in the post clean-up effort as it prevents 99% of the mud/muck from getting lodged in all the under bed recesses. Highly recommend it.

StewB

StewB

Jan 2, 2021
Utah
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I have stock Bighorns with 2,600ish miles - including a lot of pavement. They don't look look worn, but they have little traction on snow and ice.
Once I can finish my swap out, I'll post pics.

Remington

Remington

Deputy Fife POIDH Enforcement Officer
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jul 24, 2016
Michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
Close to 3,000 miles on the OEM Bighorns on my 2021 HP1K-3... wanted to get something new before the old Bighorns were all used up. Will be using them when and if needed in the future. The new ones are Sedona Ridge Saws with System 3 beadlocks and are the same size as the Bighorns. Didn't want to make any changes to the suspension or need to add spacers. Just have to figure out how much air pressure I want to run in them? I will be doing mostly hard pack trails and dirt roads and some blacktop in between. I am thinking about 14 psi?

View attachment 425282 View attachment 425283
Jesus! Those are the best looking maxis tires Ive ever seen with 3kmiles on them! You must go 10mph max 🥳 you sure you dont have 300 miles on them🤣
The lugs look better on them than your new one😜

As for selling them? Hell yes I would unless u plan on switching?
with that tread you can fetch $400 all day and gain some coin back and put it into the rig.

Only thing I would have done after hearing you state your riding blacktop and gravel rds alot, I would have bought same size wheel and tire all the way around so u could rotate them cuz alot of blacktop riding especially with a UTV rated tire will premature ware like a MO FO cuz of the softer compounds.
Ben there done that and I dont do that much black top. Thats why I went with an LT/MT tire
4 yrs and all gooder so far. But if you baby it like you did those Maxis’s this all a Moog point lol.
Are the beadlocks just for looks or did j get a smoken deal on them? Not being a smart ass here, just curious. Looking at your maxis Id say you dont to too much harsh riding for the need of beadlocks. They look good on your rig tho

Bombardier Convert

Bombardier Convert

Oct 3, 2021
Minnesota USA
Ownership

1. 1000-3
Jesus! Those are the best looking maxis tires Ive ever seen with 3kmiles on them! You must go 10mph max 🥳 you sure you dont have 300 miles on them🤣
The lugs look better on them than your new one😜

As for selling them? Hell yes I would unless u plan on switching?
with that tread you can fetch $400 all day and gain some coin back and put it into the rig.

Only thing I would have done after hearing you state your riding blacktop and gravel rds alot, I would have bought same size wheel and tire all the way around so u could rotate them cuz alot of blacktop riding especially with a UTV rated tire will premature ware like a MO FO cuz of the softer compounds.
Ben there done that and I dont do that much black top. Thats why I went with an LT/MT tire
4 yrs and all gooder so far. But if you baby it like you did those Maxis’s this all a Moog point lol.
Are the beadlocks just for looks or did j get a smoken deal on them? Not being a smart ass here, just curious. Looking at your maxis Id say you dont to too much harsh riding for the need of beadlocks. They look good on your rig tho
The time on the pic is off as I had the battery disconnected for the winter but the miles are definitely accurate!

I probably wouldn't have needed the beadlocks but the place I ordered them from had a 20% off deal going for them.. but they were still over $300 a tire/wheel combo. The tires are 8 ply rating. I do like the looks of them! I will be doing a fair amount of off road wooded trails also with some mud here and there but not alot. I will go out and cut a bed load of hardwood firewood and the back end will be almost to it's lower limit.. I am now seriously looking to get new shocks..

And yes I do baby the rig a little.. lol

Thanks for the comments!

20240419 092034

Remington

Remington

Deputy Fife POIDH Enforcement Officer
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jul 24, 2016
Michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
The time on the pic is off as I had the battery disconnected for the winter but the miles are definitely accurate!

I probably wouldn't have needed the beadlocks but the place I ordered them from had a 20% off deal going for them.. but they were still over $300 a tire/wheel combo. The tires are 8 ply rating. I do like the looks of them! I will be doing a fair amount of off road wooded trails also with some mud here and there but not alot. I will go out and cut a bed load of hardwood firewood and the back end will be almost to it's lower limit.. I am now seriously looking to get new shocks..

And yes I do baby the rig a little.. lol

Thanks for the comments!

View attachment 425902
For that sale i would gqve bought them as well. 👍🏻

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!