P700 Broken Sway Bar Link

kevinatanner

kevinatanner

Jun 24, 2020
Brooks, GA
Ownership

1. 700-4
Noticed today while doing a quick walk around that the rear right sway bar link has sheared in half on my nearly new 2020 P700-4 (approx 20 hours). I don't know when this would have happened, wondering if anyone else has experienced this? Any suggestions where to buy a new link (I assume not worth the trouble to file a warranty claim on it)?

I see a lot of discussion about removing the sway bar all together and I don't think it's right for my application (mostly wooded lot + open fields).

Thanks!

IMG 3521

Mudwing

Mudwing

Lifetime Member
Jul 9, 2017
The Mud holes
Ownership

1. 700-4
I would probably just fix it. No warranty claim. Try partzilla, babbitt’s, etc for parts. I don’t have my anti sway bar removed. 😉

DG Rider

DG Rider

Member: Triple Clutch Club
Lifetime Member
Aug 14, 2013
Casa Grande, AZ
Ownership

1. 700-2
It's happened to a few over the years. It's obviously covered, but that's up to you.

Reactions: Backwoods
CID

CID

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 27, 2019
SE Denver-ish
Ownership

1. Talon R
Bring the pieces to your dealer (if close), maybe he'll hand you a new one (or order one). Not being in a hurry anymore, I like the results of my SB being unhooked, but Talon's are known for being a bit over sprung and unhooking the SB softens things up noticeably.

Reactions: kevinatanner
CID

CID

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 27, 2019
SE Denver-ish
Ownership

1. Talon R
Suggestion:
Drive it like that for a little while. See if you like it. You have effectively disabled your swaybar
Not sure on the 700 but the loose end will probably hit the upper 'trailing arm' on a Talon - so check for the necessary clearance.

F

Firewater911

Apr 30, 2021
Pembroke Pines
Ownership

1. Talon X
Noticed today while doing a quick walk around that the rear right sway bar link has sheared in half on my nearly new 2020 P700-4 (approx 20 hours). I don't know when this would have happened, wondering if anyone else has experienced this? Any suggestions where to buy a new link (I assume not worth the trouble to file a warranty claim on it)?

I see a lot of discussion about removing the sway bar all together and I don't think it's right for my application (mostly wooded lot + open fields).

Thanks!

View attachment 210029
Just happened to my 2021 Talon x with 24hrs. Just after a fairly soft ride through trails. Ordered Assault HD replacements.

9C04E0DA 503E 4671 8DA6 E2BCEC2AFDCB

JoeCool

JoeCool

Feb 14, 2020
Alabama
Ownership

1. 700-4
Mine broke as well. Considering just taking it off. lol

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!