P500 Bucket seat conversion

Seg

Seg

Feb 18, 2016
Notre-Dame de la Salette, Qc, Canada
Ownership

1. 500
Did some measuring, the back of the seat is maybe an inch or so more forward from where the bench was. Bottom is about 2 inches higher at the front and about the same at the rear as the seat is slanted in shape from front to back. You can feel the difference in the front by the way your feet rest on the floor as well as the slight incline of the seat compared to the bench. Also the front of my seats are also attatched, basically the same way the bench does. They hook under the front frame and then tip back to secure the backs.

View attachment 41445 View attachment 41446
Ok time to start looking for used seats!!! Thanks!

Reactions: rocmar and Shadesmn
Shadesmn

Shadesmn

Lifetime Member
Aug 19, 2015
Ramsey, MN
Ownership

1. 500
Ok time to start looking for used seats!!! Thanks!
Definitely worth doing if you can get some seats at a decent price. Depending on what you're willing to spend i guess too. Im sure the suspension style seats like @JACKAL did are even better, but they are also alot more investment too. I just couldn't see spending that much, but for what i have into mine I'd do it again in a heartbeat.

rocmar

rocmar

Where Eagles & Angels....Dare to Fly...
Lifetime Member
Dec 21, 2014
4 CORNERS
Ownership

1. 500
Thanks for the compliment. Have to give a bit of credit to my buddy too, he assisted in the head scratching and trial and error of finding the right combination of simple and effective. Way more time in "engineering " than it would seem based on the simplicity of the finished product. But very happy with the results for sure.
Props to him...as well
Ride Safe

Reactions: Shadesmn
Seg

Seg

Feb 18, 2016
Notre-Dame de la Salette, Qc, Canada
Ownership

1. 500
Definitely worth doing if you can get some seats at a decent price. Depending on what you're willing to spend i guess too. Im sure the suspension style seats like @JACKAL did are even better, but they are also alot more investment too. I just couldn't see spending that much, but for what i have into mine I'd do it again in a heartbeat.
I might get lucky and find decent used ones. Even if the seats have rips that's ok, you can always put seat covers... I'd love to have the Beard Seats but they are like 600$Cdn per seat!

906UP

906UP

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jul 6, 2017
da Yoop
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. Talon X
Bringing this one back up, picking up a couple RZR seats tonight, thanks for this post Shadesmn, it'll save me some time.

906UP

906UP

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jul 6, 2017
da Yoop
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. Talon X
Here they are, brand new take-offs

Tmp 12219 20180328 1927091150329404

906UP

906UP

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jul 6, 2017
da Yoop
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. Talon X
If you need any other info or pics just let me know. Im happy to help.
Thanks, a few more pictures would be great. It'll be a few weeks before I start working on it so no hurry.

Reactions: Gassygordo

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!