BOX1

P1000 Buggy Dead on Road

TAW

TAW

Sep 12, 2016
Texas
Ownership

1. 1000-3
My 1000 keeps dieing as I’m driving and it will start up right after and drive a little ways and die again the wrench showed up with a number 2 under it does anyone know what it could be I’m at my hunting lease for my 50th Birthday and don’t want to go home if I can fix it

Reactions: Lady01
TAW

TAW

Sep 12, 2016
Texas
Ownership

1. 1000-3
I had installed a second battery and thought maybe it wasn’t hooked up right so I un-hooked it buggy ran great got back in to hunt same thing I’ll look at the ground when I get back to camp I sure don’t want to go home took vacation days for opening weekend don’t want to spend them at the house!! Thanks for your input
the wrench with a number 2 just means time for oil change and service. Check all your ground wires
lled

GPR1500SC

GPR1500SC

Lifetime Member
Mar 3, 2016
North East MO
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X LV
Can you give us more details?
When did it start doing this? after you added the second battery?
Did it start doing it cold first thing in the mourning?
Any info when, where, and how it started helps on diagnostics.

Like say it only starts doing it after you ride it for a while = plugged tank vent

TAW

TAW

Sep 12, 2016
Texas
Ownership

1. 1000-3
After the battery but I took it out and it’s sti doing it but I do ride in a lot of mudd could it have got into the tank vent
Can you give us more details?
When did it start doing this? after you added the second battery?
Did it start doing it cold first thing in the mourning?
Any info when, where, and how it started helps on diagnostics.

Like say it only starts doing it after you ride it for a while = plugged tank vent
te

GPR1500SC

GPR1500SC

Lifetime Member
Mar 3, 2016
North East MO
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X LV
You don't have mud in it, but who knows what insect tried to crawl in it?
A very simple way to check it is the next time it dies take the gas cap off and put it back on and see if you can run it for a while before it acts up again.

So if I am understanding it, you can start it up when the engine is cool and run it till it warms up then it will shut off.

Reactions: Lady01 and pct
Neohio

Neohio

Beast of the East
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Dec 22, 2016
Painesville Ohio
Ownership

1. 1000-5
My 1000 keeps dieing as I’m driving and it will start up right after and drive a little ways and die again the wrench showed up with a number 2 under it does anyone know what it could be I’m at my hunting lease for my 50th Birthday and don’t want to go home if I can fix it
Do you know how to check codes?

TAW

TAW

Sep 12, 2016
Texas
Ownership

1. 1000-3
We’ve figured out the fan is not coming on the gauge says it’s running cool but the bike is getting hot does anyone know how to bypass the switch to run the fan manually

GPR1500SC

GPR1500SC

Lifetime Member
Mar 3, 2016
North East MO
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X LV
We’ve figured out the fan is not coming on the gauge says it’s running cool but the bike is getting hot does anyone know how to bypass the switch to run the fan manually

Been there done that and got the pistons to prove it.

When low on water the heat gauges do not read correctly you need to raise the front end and burp the radiator also try turning the fan by hand my fan had froze up this spring (not from cold) I had to break it loose by hand and it has been working happily ever after.

TAW

TAW

Sep 12, 2016
Texas
Ownership

1. 1000-3
That didn’t fix it it seems to be an electrical problem took it back to Honda they have another buggy doing the same thing no codes they are trying to figure out what’s going on it could take awhile. Figures it would happen at the start of deer season I’m starting to be a regular at the Honda shop not happy about it!

E

Elpers

Sep 15, 2021
Indiana
Ownership

1. 1000-5
That didn’t fix it it seems to be an electrical problem took it back to Honda they have another buggy doing the same thing no codes they are trying to figure out what’s going on it could take awhile. Figures it would happen at the start of deer season I’m starting to be a regular at the Honda shop not happy about it!
I’m having the same issue now with mine did you ever find a fix?

P1K5Dave

P1K5Dave

Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jul 11, 2020
Petoskey, MI
Ownership

1. 1000-5
@Elpers you dug up a 4 year old thread to ask about your current problem.

Better you create a new thread in the Pioneer 1000 Shop Talk forum, describing your issues in detail.

Pro-tip: If you can get codes from the flashing "check engine" light, it'll help us help you faster.

BOX2
box3

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!