P1000 Power On Accessories

C

CommanderDave

Nov 8, 2018
Iowa
Ownership

1. 700-4
I'm looking to purchase a Honda Power ACC Pin Adapter to supply power to accessories. As I understand it attaches to the connector wrapped in blue tape under the hood, which provides key-on switched power. Would it be possible to connect the Pin Adapter/Cable to a new 12 volt fuse block or power bus? Here is the link to the cable: 2022 Honda Power ACC pin for Key-on power. Pioneer, Talon. What I'm asking is if I can directly connect the single red wire from the adapter/cable to a fuse block or power bus which would then distribute power to 12v accessories. If I could connect it to a bus bar I understand the connected accessory would need to be in-line fused.

Reactions: Scoop
Rayger143

Rayger143

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Aug 5, 2020
Winfield, BC Canada
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I'm looking to purchase a Honda Power ACC Pin Adapter to supply power to accessories. As I understand it attaches to the connector wrapped in blue tape under the hood, which provides key-on switched power. Would it be possible to connect the Pin Adapter/Cable to a new 12 volt fuse block or power bus? Here is the link to the cable: 2022 Honda Power ACC pin for Key-on power. Pioneer, Talon. What I'm asking is if I can directly connect the single red wire from the adapter/cable to a fuse block or power bus which would then distribute power to 12v accessories. If I could connect it to a bus bar I understand the connected accessory would need to be in-line fused.

View attachment 399986

@Hondasxs

Reactions: Backwoods
Hondasxs

Hondasxs

Club Founder
Staff member
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 13, 2013
Charlotte, NC
HondaSxS.com
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon R
While possible, not recommended.

That circuit should be used for more like a trigger wire for a large relay like this one -->

The relay goes in between the fuse box and the battery. The small wire then "turns it on" so it connects.

C

CommanderDave

Nov 8, 2018
Iowa
Ownership

1. 700-4
Okay, I get that. However, I'm a little unclear about the connections to the Relay's 4 terminals...two small and two large on top. The description sez to supply 12v to the small post, so I'm assuming that would be the single red "trigger" wire from the ACC Pin adapter. Does the other small post stay blank? What would be the connections from the Relay to the battery and the bus bar? I'm thinking of this one: (the accessories I want to connect have in-line fuses) Thanks!

Reactions: Backwoods
Hondasxs

Hondasxs

Club Founder
Staff member
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 13, 2013
Charlotte, NC
HondaSxS.com
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon R
To get 12v you need a positive and a ground.
Small post: One needs a positive, and the other needs a ground.
The top post: One from the battery, the other to the fuse box (or bus bar).

The bus bar is what it is, Just a multi-port hub (bus).
If you are adding a fuse box this is rarely needed as most fuse boxes have a negative bus.
I personally don't see a need for a bus bar. They add to the confusion and many are installed improperly anyways.

C

CommanderDave

Nov 8, 2018
Iowa
Ownership

1. 700-4
Okay, one last thing and I'll thank you for your time. I will go with a fuse box
Small post 1: red wire from ACC Pin Adapter
Small post 2: ground...from battery terminal okay?
Top post 1: Hot wire from battery +
Top post 2: Hot wire to fuse box +
Fuse box: also okay to ground to battery terminal?
Thanks!

Hondasxs

Hondasxs

Club Founder
Staff member
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 13, 2013
Charlotte, NC
HondaSxS.com
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon R
Okay, one last thing and I'll thank you for your time. I will go with a fuse box
Small post 1: red wire from ACC Pin Adapter
Small post 2: ground...from battery terminal okay? A - Yes, any ground is fine, ground it to the fuse box bus so you dont put another connecton on he battery.
Top post 1: Hot wire from battery +
Top post 2: Hot wire to fuse box +
Fuse box: also okay to ground to battery terminal? A- Yes, that is where it needs to go. Frame ground would be OK with a singal battery.
Thanks!
Answers above.
Yes, this is a great simple install of a secondary accessory system.

Scoop

Scoop

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Sep 7, 2021
Michigan
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon R LV
If you want to avoid the big mess of relays, switches, fuse panels, etc., you might want to look into the Auxbeam 8-gang (A8) LED switch panel kit. It is, essentially, eight switches, 8 relays, and 8 fuses all wrapped up in a nice, compact two-piece unit. Supports up to 60A (total) @ 12V across all 8 circuits and makes it SO easy to add new accessories. Key-on power can turn it on/off, or you can install a DPDT switch to energize it either/or key-on or key-off.

It's available from a variety of places, including the HondaSXS.com Club Store. That one has 8 on/off buttons. There is a slightly more expensive version available as well, that has three modes (toggle/momentary/pulsed), configurable RGB options, and has support for a Bluetooth app.

I went the continuous relay, fuse box, external relays for my Pioneer, and later added the A8. With the Talon I just picked up, I'm starting with the A8 and likely won't need/want any of that.

Good luck and happy wiring!

Reactions: Smitty335

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!