P1000 Power steering light in display staying lit up.

Ericseabaugh

Ericseabaugh

Lifetime Member
Jun 17, 2022
South Central Illinois
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Needing some help with power steering issues. 2016 1k5. Never had a problem with the power steering until now. My wife went to use it today and the power steering warning light on the display stays lit up and she has no power steering at all. It worked just fine yesterday when we parked it and did this today. And possible solution for this problem would be greatly appreciated.

Reactions: Smitty335 and TxDoc
ODAMO

ODAMO

Oct 12, 2018
Ohio
Ownership

1. 1000-3
Since it happened so acutely my guess is A: mouse chewed wire. B: blown fuse. C: Loose connection. I would check these things out first
It could be low battery too.

Reactions: Smitty335
Ericseabaugh

Ericseabaugh

Lifetime Member
Jun 17, 2022
South Central Illinois
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Since it happened so acutely my guess is A: mouse chewed wire. B: blown fuse. C: Loose connection. I would check these things out first
It could be low battery too.
Don't know what the problem was. I got home in the semi late that night and checked the voltage which was good. Fired it up and everything worked fine and haven't had a problem since.

ODAMO

ODAMO

Oct 12, 2018
Ohio
Ownership

1. 1000-3
Don't know what the problem was. I got home in the semi late that night and checked the voltage which was good. Fired it up and everything worked fine and haven't had a problem since.
My guess is ground. They can be finicky

O

ob1jeeper

Dec 20, 2019
Arizona
Ownership

1. 1000-5
This is the EXACT issue I had with my 2016 P1000-5. I tried ALL the tricks suggested by the many forums I visited, and the techs on those forums, as well as our local dealer tech's thoughts.

Some suggestions made ZERO difference, a few worked for a short time, but NONE of the "corrective measures" tried EVER worked long enough to consider them a fix.

After nearly 3 years futzing with it, I finally got SO tired of it all, I purchased the Super ATV P1000 kit, and replaced the entire OEM EPS system. It's been nearly a month with multiple starts & stops and days it did not move, and it has NEVER failed to properly function, for which I am grateful, but THE PROOF will be if it continues to operate correctly for more than month or so... Keeping my fingers crossed. ;)

Reactions: Jankyeye and Scoop

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!