Honda Fanboy
Vendor
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jan 6, 2016
Middle TN
Ownership

1. 1000-5
yea, i recommend trying it too. I still climb the same rocks the other do....LOL
We will have to compare some time and post results/with video. It helps a ton with keeping both front wheels planted. Handles flex with the control arms instead of trying to flex frame. I like it.

Delton

Delton

Honda Fanboy
Vendor
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jan 6, 2016
Middle TN
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I could make it to mudholes from community center in one of my Neons too. But I don't recommend it.

CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Just a Honda doing Honda things.
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
yeah, I figured it was a tradeoff... better for some things, but not so much for others. I may still try it just to see what all the fuss is about.

It's just a couple nuts from being out I'd try it. Very seldom is it unsettling but sidehills watch a little

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

drfubar

drfubar

TheDonFather
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jun 7, 2016
Mary's Ridge (Dayton Mtn), TN
Ownership

1. 1000-3
Maybe in your store but wrong location for tullahoma store. From front of store they are roughly 12-15' from start of aisle on the right. Yeah I'm a rookie. But I'm nailing locations and don't even work there (bows).
Every Lowe's is situated the same rookie boy.... Except the bathrooms...

advertisement
drfubar

drfubar

TheDonFather
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jun 7, 2016
Ownership

1. 1000-3
I hear ya... Fact is your back tires come off the ground more when the sway bar is in. All dependent on the kind of riding you do on whether it helps or hurts.
I disagree... I understand the swaybar unites the rear tires, making it harder for each to move independently but I believe it's better traction all around with it attached. The tires give soooooo much they act like unhooking the sway bar...

Reactions: DGann
LandPioneer

LandPioneer

Lifetime Member
Aug 22, 2016
Lebanon TN
Ownership

1. 700-4
I disagree... I understand the swaybar unites the rear tires, making it harder for each to move independently but I believe it's better traction all around with it attached. The tires give soooooo much they act like unhooking the sway bar...

See how my right tire is off the ground in this picture? It does that easily with the sway bar. It does it a whole lot less with the sway off.
A2871705c738d2478310654bd82a8371
For me the traction is better because the tires stay on the ground more. The articulation on the rear is unquestionably better.

CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Just a Honda doing Honda things.
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
See how my right tire is off the ground in this picture? It does that easily with the sway bar. It does it a whole lot less with the sway off.
View attachment 28373
For me the traction is better because the tires stay on the ground more. The articulation on the rear is unquestionably better.

Full on in agreement here! Off road is no question. If you push the rig you feel it in but you don't feel it out lol. 90% of the time id prefer it out 5% in and 5 % either way. It's got a different feel that takes a sec though. We're still carrying extra tail weight with it out. On windy road loaded at high speed is the ONLY time I'd like it
It's probably not for everyone but I'd sure suggest for the 30sec it takes just try it.

drfubar

drfubar

TheDonFather
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jun 7, 2016
Ownership

1. 1000-3
View attachment 28373

Yea, I get it but it's not for me.

drfubar

drfubar

TheDonFather
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jun 7, 2016
Ownership

1. 1000-3
View attachment 28373

Show me that same picture at that same speed with the bar unhooked and i'll bet the tire is still off the ground

Reactions: Tigermark and DGann
Delton

Delton

Honda Fanboy
Vendor
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jan 6, 2016
Middle TN
Ownership

1. 1000-5
View attachment 28373

That pic shows the left tire trying to squat more under that weight but it cant. Cause it's connected to tire with no weight=no flex. So rig tries to flex the next component which is the frame. That ain't flexing so you got lift off on right side. Same principle on frontend. Mine stays down on all twos more now. Btw awesome pic!

advertisement