Vendor
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jan 6, 2016
Middle TN
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Where did you get the pins?
Every Lowe's I been in has a specialty section on bolt/nut/fastener aisle. They will be in one of the pull out bins. I know Tullahoma store better than their employees lol. From my old job.

Reactions: DGann
drfubar

drfubar

TheDonFather
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jun 7, 2016
Mary's Ridge (Dayton Mtn), TN
Ownership

1. 1000-3
I've been curious about this... seems like several have sworn by removing the swaybar... I guess I'll just leave mine alone for now.
I recommend trying it. I'm sure it allows movement more independantly in the rear but i'm not sure it's an advantage on the little more travel it gets ya

drfubar

drfubar

TheDonFather
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jun 7, 2016
Ownership

1. 1000-3
Every Lowe's I been in has a specialty section on bolt/nut/fastener aisle. They will be in one of the pull out bins. I know Tullahoma store better than their employees lol. From my old job.
Oh, you want to get specific? Isle 14, all the way down to the end, second set of drawers from the end, second one down right side of drawer, 1/2inch pins. The cotter type fasteners are the next draw down... @Delton, you are a rookie beotch!

drfubar

drfubar

TheDonFather
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jun 7, 2016
Ownership

1. 1000-3
Thank you I'll be here all week!!
Images

Tigermark

Tigermark

Outside looking in.
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oh, you want to get specific? Isle 14, all the way down to the end, second set of drawers from the end, second one down right side of drawer, 1/2inch pins. The cotter type fasteners are the next draw down... @Delton, you are a rookie beotch!
Lol! Thank you Sir!

I've never had that kind of service at our local Lowe's.

Reactions: sharp and DGann
Manwell

Manwell

Lifetime Member
Jul 12, 2016
Georgia
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I've got to get off this site and get back to work! Liz here's me up in my office laughing, she's probably more than just a bit concerned with my mental health!!

advertisement
PioneerPete

PioneerPete

Lifetime Member
Jan 3, 2016
Chattanooga, TN
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I recommend trying it. I'm sure it allows movement more independantly in the rear but i'm not sure it's an advantage on the little more travel it gets ya
I figured it would allow a little more travel, but the tradeoff is that the machine probably becomes less stable on side slopes. If I don't get what I need from upgrading all 4 shocks, then I may try unhooking the swaybar.

drfubar

drfubar

TheDonFather
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jun 7, 2016
Ownership

1. 1000-3
I figured it would allow a little more travel, but the tradeoff is that the machine probably becomes less stable on side slopes. If I don't get what I need from upgrading all 4 shocks, then I may try unhooking the swaybar.
Well, I had to winch my last 20 ft on my ridge last week and I've never had to do that before. My swaybar was unhooked. Not saying it was totally to blame but I may have not been getting the two tire traction that I would have with the sway bar hooked

PioneerPete

PioneerPete

Lifetime Member
Jan 3, 2016
Chattanooga, TN
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Well, I had to winch my last 20 ft on my ridge last week and I've never had to do that before. My swaybar was unhooked. Not saying it was totally to blame but I may have not been getting the two tire traction that I would have with the sway bar hooked
yeah, I figured it was a tradeoff... better for some things, but not so much for others. I may still try it just to see what all the fuss is about.

Reactions: DGann
LandPioneer

LandPioneer

Lifetime Member
Aug 22, 2016
Lebanon TN
Ownership

1. 700-4
yeah, I figured it was a tradeoff... better for some things, but not so much for others. I may still try it just to see what all the fuss is about.
I definitely recommend trying it. I wouldn't put mine back in if someone paid me Lol. It made a big difference in traction on rock trails. I have zero complaints...

Delton

Delton

Honda Fanboy
Vendor
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jan 6, 2016
Middle TN
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Maybe in your store but wrong location for tullahoma store. From front of store they are roughly 12-15' from start of aisle on the right. Yeah I'm a rookie. But I'm nailing locations and don't even work there (bows).

advertisement