P500 Bumper manufacturers

Ketch

Ketch

Mar 27, 2021
Austin
Ownership

1. 500
Looking for recommendations of various bumpers/brush guards for the 500/520. What I’ve seen so far
1. Bison
2. Grizzly
3. Strong made
4. Honda oem
5. Extreme metal products
6. Anyone else worth considering?

Reactions: KyGal83 and futzin
hallic

hallic

Lifetime Member
Dec 21, 2019
Central MN
Ownership

1. 500
Paging @Alan ...

He had a post a while back, Hi-lift makes a 3 foot UTV jack and tube mounts, he's had/has a cool pic of his P5 with the hi-lift jack as a front bumper... I'm sure others do too, his was just one of the first that popped up when I searched for it.

Alan aka Davinci

Alan aka Davinci

Mr. Meme Master
Lifetime Member
Apr 25, 2015
Grand Junction, CO
Ownership

1. 500
Paging @Alan ...

He had a post a while back, Hi-lift makes a 3 foot UTV jack and tube mounts, he's had/has a cool pic of his P5 with the hi-lift jack as a front bumper... I'm sure others do too, his was just one of the first that popped up when I searched for it.

DaddyDubbs

DaddyDubbs

Lifetime Member
Nov 19, 2016
Lee County Alabama, from Southern Michigan
Ownership

1. 500
You will likely get as many recommendations as there are choices, so here is mine...
Winch02
I chose the Strong-Made bumper primarily because I like the winch mounted a little higher than on some other setups, plus it gave me a place to mount a small light bar.

Probably no wrong or bad choice, it just depends on what you are looking for.
Good luck.

Ketch

Ketch

Mar 27, 2021
Austin
Ownership

1. 500
You will likely get as many recommendations as there are choices, so here is mine...
View attachment 264023
I chose the Strong-Made bumper primarily because I like the winch mounted a little higher than on some other setups, plus it gave me a place to mount a small light bar.

Good luck.
How was install? Does it go over stock front or use the same mounting bolts?

Reactions: Mudder
KyGal83

KyGal83

Duchess Sheldon, Daisy, KGB, Natasha, SNS
Lifetime Member
Feb 3, 2021
Kentucky
Ownership

1. 500
Looking for recommendations of various bumpers/brush guards for the 500/520. What I’ve seen so far
1. Bison
2. Grizzly
3. Strong made
4. Honda oem
5. Extreme metal products
6. Anyone else worth considering?
Outkast Fabworx
Shopping for bumpers also. I have the same question. I like the Outkast Front Bumper. However, I would like it without the name cut out and that is apparently not something they can do.

Last edited:
Reactions: Mudder and futzin
DaddyDubbs

DaddyDubbs

Lifetime Member
Nov 19, 2016
Ownership

1. 500
@Ketch - Install is pretty easy, mount to OEM front bumper assembly by 4 included u-bolts as shown in attached photos, top and front. 2 nuts are a pain to get at as shown by arrow, I can’t remember if I used a crows foot or stubby wrench or both but take your time, cuss a bit and you’ll get it (haha).1464C6C7 B40D 4083 BB14 EE860CA8C429293AAE1B 32EB 4204 899C D229B896D81C

rustyneversleeps

rustyneversleeps

Supporting Member
Mar 29, 2021
Montana
Ownership

1. 520
Those Bison bumpers have been high on my list, but not sure I like the lower winch mounting position. Is the Strong Made one the best regarding protection/functionality as far as the winch mounting options go?

Edit - just looked at those OutKast bumpers and they look like they come with tabs for a higher winch mount also.

DaddyDubbs

DaddyDubbs

Lifetime Member
Nov 19, 2016
Ownership

1. 500
Those Bison bumpers have been high on my list, but not sure I like the lower winch mounting position. Is the Strong Made one the best regarding protection/functionality as far as the winch mounting options go?

Edit - just looked at those OutKast bumpers and they look like they come with tabs for a higher winch mount also.
Sorry if this seems like a cop-out reply...
Since I have no experience with any other bumper manufacturer, I can't give an objective answer to your question, I'm sure there are many fine bumper manufacturers and in a certain area, one may outshine another, for example, it looks like some manufacturers have a little more protection over the headlights than the Strong-Made, but so far that hasn't been a problem for me.

I personally like having the winch mounted high, much easier to get to when stuck knee deep in a mud puddle (ask me how I know):oops:.
I have been happy with the Strong-Made, but that's not to say I wouldn't be just as happy with any other manufacturer.

highpocket74

highpocket74

Vendor
Jul 2, 2019
Kinder, Louisiana
www.10-80dirtsports.com
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. Talon X
View attachment 264023

Good luck.
The strong made shop is who is making my talon shifter plates and currently fabricating some boxes for me. I've known Kevin since I was a kid. Everything they make is excellent quality. They are 5 miles from my house! Quite convenient for me.

I have the Honda steel bumbper on my Talon for the winch mounting but it's not very tough. Over priced in my opinion for something that is not very durable. I would not recommend it.

Peter_72

Peter_72

Supporting Member
May 31, 2020
Louisiana
Ownership

1. 500
The strong made shop is who is making my talon shifter plates and currently fabricating some boxes for me. I've known Kevin since I was a kid. Everything they make is excellent quality. They are 5 miles from my house! Quite convenient for me.

I have the Honda steel bumbper on my Talon for the winch mounting but it's not very tough. Over priced in my opinion for something that is not very durable. I would not recommend it.
I had no idea that they were in Louisiana, and only an hour from where I live. Do they have a storefront or do they let you in because you know him?

Mudder

Mudder

NTC Ambassador of Walls
Lifetime Member
Oct 1, 2016
Georgia
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500
No storefront and I don’t think they sell but through dealerships. They won’t even let me sell! Check their website and see if they sell only but I doubt.
Next time you see your buddy, tell him Thanks from Mudder for making a great bumper. (I’ll overlook that one inside lower nut thats a pain to reach.)

Reactions: bpike207 and futzin
Mudder

Mudder

NTC Ambassador of Walls
Lifetime Member
Oct 1, 2016
Georgia
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500
Are those EMP versions fun to ride and are the pretty stable?
If talking about the Polaris 570 Ace, its a blast (60 mph). Driver sits low for a better COG, but you can’t get crazy on fast turns, but it will fish tale great for sliding. I take when the wife rides her ATV.
But I don’t drive like this guy on his 325 Ace.

Last edited:
The Green Goat

The Green Goat

LGBTQ Compliance Officer -Lotta gays in this place
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Sep 7, 2020
Ohio
Ownership

1. 520
If talking about the Polaris 570 Ace, its a blast (60 mph). Driver sits low for a better COG, but you can’t get crazy on fast turns, but it will fish tale great for sliding. I take when the wife rides her ATV.
But I don’t drive like this guy on his 325 Ace.

That fella is almost definitely going to end up with a broken neck.

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!