P700 Bushing Noise - Grease it - Fix it

Deluxe700

Deluxe700

Lifetime Member
Jul 2, 2017
Central Arkansas
Ownership

1. 700-2
Just a FYI...I have a fairly new P700-2 , 2017 model and it had a little noise in the front end. Could not notice it when riding, but at stand still you could move the steering wheel or put slight up and down pressure on the bumper and hear it..both sides. I narrowed it down to the upper control arm, the connection point toward the front of the machine on both sides. I don't think it was hurting anything, but just bothered me. I took the mounting bolt out and loaded up the inside with grease, re-installed the bolt and torqued it down to correct specs...on both sides and it fixed the noise..

Lesson : Grease up all pivot points....don't assume the factory greased up everything properly...

Reactions: Max718
Deluxe700

Deluxe700

Lifetime Member
Jul 2, 2017
Central Arkansas
Ownership

1. 700-2
You need to use a waterproof silicon based grease...NOT petroleum based grease. Petroleum will "swell" the bushings, if they are rubber....NAPA sells Sil-Glyde , but there are a lot of silicon based greases out there.

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!