P1000 Buying 1000-5 in Phoenix - need best price data

JiminAZ

JiminAZ

Lifetime Member
Sep 28, 2019
Phoenix, AZ
Ownership

1. 1000-5
So happy to have found this forum and all the great info/advice.

Been looking at used 1000-5 models (2016+), and have found prices are like buying a recent model Toyota. They're high enough that for a few thou more I can have a new one.

I like the Deluxe but frankly I think a 1000-5 with a few accessories added will do everything I want it to do. So I'm just looking to buy a 1000-5 out the door with no extended warranty, just the unit with tax/title/license, maybe a street legal kit (which is like $150).

Talked to Western Honda Powersports in Scottsdale, they said 16596 OTD, cash deal (2019 model). I think I can do better but how much better?

Willing to drive to Flagstaff, Tucson, Yuma, etc if it's worth it. Point me to your "no BS sell it now" kind of dealer and if anyone can tell me what is a good deal locally I'd be thrilled.

Thanks.

Hondasxs

Hondasxs

Club Founder
Staff member
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 13, 2013
Charlotte, NC
HondaSxS.com
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon R
Hi, Welcome to the club.

I would still shop around. Give those guys a call and tell them your shopping around.
Ask them to beat a $15999 OTD price and see what happens.

Locally. I bought my 19 deluxe this past spring for what you have OTD.
But a few hours drive to TN and I could have gotten a Deluxe for around 15k.

There is a lot of updates from the 16ym. Recommend buying new if you can afford.
Update us on your findings.
Thanks.

Reactions: JiminAZ
A

ArizonaSilverado

Supporting Member
Aug 23, 2018
Arizona
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Hi, Welcome to the club.

I would still shop around. Give those guys a call and tell them your shopping around.
Ask them to beat a $15999 OTD price and see what happens.

Locally. I bought my 19 deluxe this past spring for what you have OTD.
But a few hours drive to TN and I could have gotten a Deluxe for around 15k.

There is a lot of updates from the 16ym. Recommend buying new if you can afford.
Update us on your findings.
Thanks.

A

ArizonaSilverado

Supporting Member
Aug 23, 2018
Arizona
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Watch the deals at RideNow. They discount models but you have to play the add on fees game with them. They’ve still always come out lower than all others I’ve dealt with in the valley. My 2018 P5 deluxe was 16,900 OTD.

DG Rider

DG Rider

Member: Triple Clutch Club
Lifetime Member
Aug 14, 2013
Casa Grande, AZ
Ownership

1. 700-2
Watch the deals at RideNow. They discount models but you have to play the add on fees game with them. They’ve still always come out lower than all others I’ve dealt with in the valley. My 2018 P5 deluxe was 16,900 OTD.
I agree that RideNow will probably be the cheapest, though Western Honda surprised me when I bought my 700.
OP...I would at least take what you get at RideNow and see if Western Honda will match.

The only thing about RideNow is that it's one of the big mega-chain type dealers, so if you're looking for a highly personal type of dealer experience, you probably won't get it.

JiminAZ

JiminAZ

Lifetime Member
Sep 28, 2019
Phoenix, AZ
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Just the kind of advice I was looking for. Thank you I will let you know how it shakes out.

JiminAZ

JiminAZ

Lifetime Member
Sep 28, 2019
Phoenix, AZ
Ownership

1. 1000-5
one other question - is the service department at Western or Ride Now a factor in my decision? Plan to do most of my service myself but when a warranty item comes up is one to be preferred over the other?

Reactions: DG Rider
DG Rider

DG Rider

Lifetime Member
Aug 14, 2013
Casa Grande, AZ
Ownership

1. 700-2
one other question - is the service department at Western or Ride Now a factor in my decision? Plan to do most of my service myself but when a warranty item comes up is one to be preferred over the other?
I can't comment on that (even though I am). I am a mechanic by trade, so I do my own work. There are maybe 3 people on Earth I trust to work on my stuff, and they ain't at RideNow or Western Honda. Even warranty stuff...I'd try and get them to slip me the parts or they'd have to pry the keys from my hand.

One word of advice wherever you buy it is to ask to go meet with the techs when you drop it off for service (if you do). They are more likely to do a good job if they associate a face and person with the machine.

D

DDDonkey

I looked at both Ride now and Western Honda and when the Western Honda route when I bought mine. Ride now at the time wanted to much, Western Honda was a drive for me but great service. Look around and get an out the door price, I know I never pay MSPR. Good luck with your search!

B

BBLASER

Nov 11, 2018
Phoenix
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Bought mine at Western Honda. Easy to deal with, got an OTD price over the phone and internet, went to Ride now and asked them to meet or beat. They said they couldn't so Western Honda got my business. Easiest transaction I have had in a while. Showed up with money in hand and was out of the dealership in less than an hour for the EXACT price I was quoted. FWIW I wouldnt buy a spark plug from Ride now. Too many games are played.

JiminAZ

JiminAZ

Lifetime Member
Sep 28, 2019
Phoenix, AZ
Ownership

1. 1000-5
So here's the final report. I stepped up to a 2019 camo Deluxe model so the numbers went up a bit.

As BBLASER above noted, Western was head and shoulders better than Ride Now. When I called Ride Now and asked if they could beat the Western price I got the usual car salesman treatment, avoiding my very direct "I'm ready to buy, can you beat this or not" conversation. A couple hours later after "going to bat for me" the Ride Now guy called back and said he couldn't beat it.

So I'm going to lay this out in some detail because people throw prices around here but don't quantify if they have sales tax, etc. I feel this deal was downright decent with very little haggle. Western got right down to business.

MSRP for my 2019 1000-5 Deluxe Camo is $18,699 plus$ 870 freight/destination charge per Honda site. ($19,569 total)

Western charged me $15493 plus $870 freight/destination. That works out to 16.4% off MSRP (including freight/destination in the calculation).

Add in just over 8% sales tax, some doc and registration fees (about $200), a $199 setup fee,and boom out the door for $18,265.

Had I gone with a red 1000-5 Deluxe I would have saved $534 ($17,731 OTD). What can I say I liked the camo and all black wheels.

Did the entire deal over the phone. Very direct and complete communication. I pick it up Thursday.

Thanks to everyone for their input.

Last edited:
Reactions: 2018GMC and TripleB
JiminAZ

JiminAZ

Lifetime Member
Sep 28, 2019
Phoenix, AZ
Ownership

1. 1000-5
PS gotta say it's discouraging to get 16-odd percent off and then have it go right back to where you started when the sales tax kicks in.

DG Rider

DG Rider

Lifetime Member
Aug 14, 2013
Casa Grande, AZ
Ownership

1. 700-2
So here's the final report. I stepped up to a 2019 camo Deluxe model so the numbers went up a bit.

As BBLASER above noted, Western was head and shoulders better than Ride Now. When I called Ride Now and asked if they could beat the Western price I got the usual car salesman treatment, avoiding my very direct "I'm ready to buy, can you beat this or not" conversation. A couple hours later after "going to bat for me" the Ride Now guy called back and said he couldn't beat it.

So I'm going to lay this out in some detail because people throw prices around here but don't quantify if they have sales tax, etc. I feel this deal was downright decent with very little haggle. Western got right down to business.

MSRP for my 2019 1000-5 Deluxe Camo is $18,699 plus$ 870 freight/destination charge per Honda site.

Western charged me $15493 plus $870 freight/destination. That works out to 16.4% off MSRP (including freight/destination in the calculation).

Add in just over 8% sales tax, some doc and registration fees (about $200), a $199 setup fee,and boom out the door for $18,265.

Had I gone with a red 1000-5 Deluxe I would have saved $534 ($17,731 OTD). What can I say I liked the camo and all black wheels.

Did the entire deal over the phone. Very direct and complete communication. I pick it up Thursday.

Like I said...Western Honda may surprise you...
Probably the biggest negative with them is they don't have the huge inventory gathering dust in a warehouse that RideNow has (though they seem to have a decent amount of stuff), so if you're looking for a real bargain in a post dated model year, RN tends to have more of those.

But I agree 100% the WH is the better experience of the 2. All day, every day. Most of my deal on my 700 was worked out via email. They gave a bit off for what was then a hot, new machine, and gave me $2k for my old foreman, sight unseen. I pulled in ( they were expecting me ), started the process, and looked out and they were unloading my old foreman...LOL!
The only thing they did was sneak in a extended warranty I didn't ask for into the numbers (but this was in the price they gave me). In retrospect, an extended warranty is a waste on the 700, so I would have dropped that if I did it again.
All told, one of the easier buys I've ever done.

JiminAZ

JiminAZ

Lifetime Member
Sep 28, 2019
Phoenix, AZ
Ownership

1. 1000-5
One other comment confirming the "no games" experience at Western. During the process the guy told me this was the "last one". How many times have you heard that line? I ignored it. But sure enough once I put the deposit down the unit disappeared from their website and they don't show any more 2019 1000-5 deluxe camo models available.

Last edited:
RB3offroad

RB3offroad

Vendor
Nov 2, 2017
Tempe, AZ
Ownership

1. 1000-5

MSRP for my 2019 1000-5 Deluxe Camo is $18,699 plus$ 870 freight/destination charge per Honda site. ($19,569 total)

Western is by far the best! Justin who does the service you will be very happy with. I have purchase alot of off road products ( dirt bikes, quads from Western) I for some reason did by my Pioneer from Ride now and I kick myself. Their service is the worst. Justin always steps up for us.

Redmoon

Redmoon

Feb 21, 2019
Prescott Az.
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Bought mine at Western Honda. Easy to deal with, got an OTD price over the phone and internet, went to Ride now and asked them to meet or beat. They said they couldn't so Western Honda got my business. Easiest transaction I have had in a while. Showed up with money in hand and was out of the dealership in less than an hour for the EXACT price I was quoted. FWIW I wouldnt buy a spark plug from Ride now. Too many games are played.

++++ Could not Agree more!! And this is from personal experience.

JiminAZ

JiminAZ

Lifetime Member
Sep 28, 2019
Phoenix, AZ
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Western is by far the best! Justin who does the service you will be very happy with. I have purchase alot of off road products ( dirt bikes, quads from Western) I for some reason did by my Pioneer from Ride now and I kick myself. Their service is the worst. Justin always steps up for us.

Took it in for first service and as you said Justin was top drawer. Had a few little warranty issues which were handled, and he even gave me a handful of the plastic pop rivets (one had popped out and I offered to buy 6 or 12 or whatever size bag they came in). He just gave them to me. Dropped them in the glove box. He was also very realistic assessing a bit of A-arm damage that I had done. No surprises, good communication, and job was done as promised.

Also bought a couple 5 gallon LC2 gas jugs with spouts while I was there for less than Amazon price for just the jug. Win.

Last edited:
Reactions: RB3offroad

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!