P500 Cab Frame Cargo bag and rear panel (P520)

Aerolite

Aerolite

Jan 10, 2021
Oxford Mills ON
Ownership

1. 500
Honda accessories bag and a Tusk rear panel. Main difference on panel, other than price, is Tusk doesn't have the zippered window in it, and the Honda has three hook and loop fasteners that attach to to cross bar behind the seat back perfectly, while the Tusk has two clip fasteners that work ok. Tusk had this as a P500 accessory but fit fine. I really like the bag, all those small compartments will come in handy. Only downside is it impedes a bit of your view from the rearview mirror.

IMG 3834IMG 3836

Jlojub

Jlojub

Jan 3, 2021
Ontario
Ownership

1. 500
Where did you order the tusk rear panel from and How did it compare price wise to the Honda rear panel? Thanks

Reactions: J80
trigger

trigger

Old Ironsides
Vendor
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 13, 2016
Bay City, Michigan
www.quickshieldutv.com
Ownership

1. 500
Honda accessories bag and a Tusk rear panel. Main difference on panel, other than price, is Tusk doesn't have the zippered window in it, and the Honda has three hook and loop fasteners that attach to to cross bar behind the seat back perfectly, while the Tusk has two clip fasteners that work ok. Tusk had this as a P500 accessory but fit fine. I really like the bag, all those small compartments will come in handy. Only downside is it impedes a bit of your view from the rearview mirror.

View attachment 253487View attachment 253488

Solution is to bail on that rear view mirror. I altered mine to sit further away and down more to make it usable and it still sucked. Side mirrors are the way to go, cheaper and far more useful. Once you do that, move that cargo bag to the front bar where you can access it while riding, again far more useful. FWIW

S

skinnyman

May 22, 2020
ohio
Ownership

1. 500
Will the rearview mirror work with the cargo bag moved to the front bar?

Reactions: Mudder
trigger

trigger

Old Ironsides
Vendor
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 13, 2016
Bay City, Michigan
www.quickshieldutv.com
Ownership

1. 500
Will the rearview mirror work with the cargo bag moved to the front bar?

I don't think so, that mirror sits pretty high if I remember right. Even after modifying it to sit where I wanted it to, I only use it to carry the fuzzy dice. I use the side mirrors for everything.

Aerolite

Aerolite

Jan 10, 2021
Oxford Mills ON
Ownership

1. 500
Where did you order the tusk rear panel from and How did it compare price wise to the Honda rear panel? Thanks
I got it from Rocky Mountain Atv/mc
US$65 vs US$147 for Honda accessories.

Aerolite

Aerolite

Jan 10, 2021
Oxford Mills ON
Ownership

1. 500
Solution is to bail on that rear view mirror. I altered mine to sit further away and down more to make it usable and it still sucked. Side mirrors are the way to go, cheaper and far more useful. Once you do that, move that cargo bag to the front bar where you can access it while riding, again far more useful. FWIW
I can still see out the mirror but definitely not as good as before. It’s big and I hit my helmet on it a lot too, lol. We will be riding on a lot of tight trails and I was thinking that side mirrors would be constantly getting hit by the brush. Will try it out like this for awhile and if the rear view annoys me anymore I’ll give the side ones a try. Will see how many times we go for something in the bags while riding to see if moving to the front would be better. Not sure if I want to see those or not as well. But thanks for the advice and ideas.
We have the EMP wipers on the way as well after seeing your post about them, thanks. Will be a lot easier than the squeegy we have been using, lol.

Reactions: Mudder and trigger
futzin

futzin

Lifetime Member
Sep 10, 2019
Kentucky
Ownership

1. 500

2. 520
I like my Honda rear view mirror on my P5. Occasionally bump it when getting in, but otherwise no issue for me. To date, I don't wear a helmet in my P5. With my usage, side mirrors would be a near constant hassle.

I have a JBL Extreme bluetooth speaker attached to my front top bar, as well.

Reactions: Mudder and trigger
trigger

trigger

Old Ironsides
Vendor
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 13, 2016
Bay City, Michigan
www.quickshieldutv.com
Ownership

1. 500
I was totally against side mirrors and always thought they would get ripped off or be in the way. I finally caved and installed them thinking I would probably take them off for summer. Ended up really liking them. I've occasionally hit them on something going through the tight trails and they just break away the way they're supposed to. I find them much better for backing up, much like you would in your truck you can see right down that body line. Use them a lot for plowing too, maneuvering around vehicles and such. It's rare that I even look up at the rear view, usually just to make sure the rider behind me is still there.

Aerolite

Aerolite

Jan 10, 2021
Oxford Mills ON
Ownership

1. 500
Totally agree trigger on the backing up part. As I back up a lot during plowing the side mirrors would be great to have, can’t back up well at all just using the rear view, so I’m constantly turning and looking out the back.
So far since bringing this machine home with its winch, plow, roof and windscreen, I’ve already changed the wheels and tires, added the rear fabric panel and the cargo bed, have wipers on the way, and now probably going to get the nerf Bars, A-arm skidplates and now side mirrors. Does it ever stop! Lol

NTCPrezJB

NTCPrezJB

President of #NTC
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jan 30, 2018
Canton, OH
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Totally agree trigger on the backing up part. As I back up a lot during plowing the side mirrors would be great to have, can’t back up well at all just using the rear view, so I’m constantly turning and looking out the back.
So far since bringing this machine home with its winch, plow, roof and windscreen, I’ve already changed the wheels and tires, added the rear fabric panel and the cargo bed, have wipers on the way, and now probably going to get the nerf Bars, A-arm skidplates and now rear view mirrors. Does it ever stop! Lol
We lost count how many times Trigger has been done with his machine. So, my guess is it only stops when the bank account is emptied.

Y

Yankeezone

May 3, 2021
United states
Ownership

1. Do not currently own
Nice bag and panel write up. Can you give us some information on your plow set up? What is the width of your plow and what brand? Also, did you install the winch or the plow or both or neither? thank you

Aerolite

Aerolite

Jan 10, 2021
Oxford Mills ON
Ownership

1. 500
Nice bag and panel write up. Can you give us some information on your plow set up? What is the width of your plow and what brand? Also, did you install the winch or the plow or both or neither? thank you
Thanks.
It’s a KFI 60” plow with a 4500Ib Warn winch. Both were installed at the dealer before I picked up the machine.

JCart

JCart

Lifetime Member
Jul 14, 2014
Kamloops, BC Canada.
Ownership

1. 500
Never look back.... just trouble back there.. heh. Full steam ahead, for the Dozer. Kay I’ve looked at the outside bags that go across the cab but are they waterproof? I’ll have to check ones for inside, do they make em with a long gun scabbed too (inside cab)? Man where I travel and it’s usually just me.... so dusty, my stuff gets just covered in it. Fact was thinking of making a tarp to cover over my bed to keep all the keerap and dust, mud dirt and sheeeit out. And in terms of mirrors, outside mirrors I’d see where they’d be handy, although lotsa trails I travel I’d be skeert, they’d get mashed off. Snow ploughing for sure they’d be handy...

Reactions: Splorin and trigger

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!