Cable vs Rope

Bryan 22

Bryan 22

Lifetime Member
Jan 8, 2014
Northern Indiana
Im sortof new at this but i would like to know what everybody else uses. I have cabel on my warn winch but i dont like it. (it hurts me sometimes) is the synthetic rope just as good or not.

Bryan 22

Bryan 22

Lifetime Member
Jan 8, 2014
Northern Indiana
Thanks for the help. I will probably leave the cable on for now and replace with rope in the future.

Hondasxs

Hondasxs

Club Founder
Staff member
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 13, 2013
Charlotte, NC
HondaSxS.com
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon R
Same here. I have cable on now with a rope backup in my clove box. I will use it as a extension until my cable breaks then it will become the replacement line.

H

hydrantman

Using Rope - Cable problems splitters, doesn't roll back up good just a pain, had to use my rope this weekend to pull my truck out of the mud that was a sight pulling my Nissan Titan out of the mud with my Pioneer.

Bryan 22

Bryan 22

Lifetime Member
Jan 8, 2014
Northern Indiana
You should have videoed that. If it would have been a Chevy you would have not had to worry about pulling it out, it would have got out on its own...... Lol. Just kidding

H

hydrantman

Bryan 22 said:
You should have videoed that. If it would have been a Chevy you would have not had to worry about pulling it out, it would have got out on its own...... Lol. Just kidding

i hear you Bryan + i used half a tank of gas my Nissan does love the gas station!!!

B

binfordw

Oct 15, 2013
I damaged my cable on the first use- apparently it wound wrong and jammed, fraying it. I replaced with a KFI synthetic tonight. Seems way easier to mess with.

R

randi 58

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Aug 4, 2013
Ownership

1. 1000-3
I GOT ROPE FOR 5 OR 6 YEARS NOW LOVE IT

advertisement