P1000 Called Honda...

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member 3748

Had they done that they would've continued to have a life long fan that buys a machine every other year. Bought 7 new and 12 used with only problems on the 1000 but big problems. They already lost one sale from us last week alone plus bad publicity anywhere we ride. I love the 1000 platform and our red one was f*ing AWESOME but this one just isn't.
Trade it in on a CBR!

Reactions: moparornocar
Smitty335

Smitty335

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 3, 2016
NWA Arkansas
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
Had they done that they would've continued to have a life long fan that buys a machine every other year. Bought 7 new and 12 used with only problems on the 1000 but big problems. They already lost one sale from us last week alone plus bad publicity anywhere we ride. I love the 1000 platform and our red one was f*ing AWESOME but this one just isn't.
Things are a changing in all aspects of life.

Smitty335

Smitty335

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 3, 2016
NWA Arkansas
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
Yea, different company now,

Reactions: sharp
advertisement
AZhunter

AZhunter

Jan 26, 2017
Peoria, Arizona
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I threw on the windshield today and along with the hard roof, I made a trip to the dump. The morning was about 70°f and after a late light rain, the roads were damp and dust free, although it was threatening rain.
By the time I got back, I was cooking from the frigg'n heat in the cab. Wasting no time upon my arrival, I immediately called Honda America...AGAIN...and miraculously, got the SAME Honda Support agent that I had 6 weeks ago.

He said "Honda is FULLY aware of the heat issue in the Pioneer 1000's"... "A massive solution is underway."... "Watch my mail and get ready for a FACTORY solution to ALL of our cab heat issues..."

"But wait, that's not all, order in the next 10 minutes..."

Ahem...ever heard "The checks in the mail and I won't *** in your mouth"

That's about how much I believe Honda America....The fix will probably be duct tape around the shifter hole and a wet rag between the seats.
I was told the same thing when I called, that Honda would be sending a letter out soon. I hope this fix works. I went scouting for an up coming deer hunt and drove many miles visiting several water holes. It was about 85F outside and felt like 95F in the cab. I was roasting!!! BTW, I too have the Honda windshield and roof.

J

JTW

I was told the same thing when I called, that Honda would be sending a letter out soon. I hope this fix works. I went scouting for an up coming deer hunt and drove many miles visiting several water holes. It was about 85F outside and felt like 95F in the cab. I was roasting!!! BTW, I too have the Honda windshield and roof.
It's simple... heat shield under the seat, blower fan under the seat... either bilge or radiator and if you really want to do it right. SuperATV flip out windshield.

Reactions: swsebek and Corona1
AZhunter

AZhunter

Jan 26, 2017
Peoria, Arizona
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I'm glad I got the 1000 - its been awesome.
When I bought it there was no blemish on honda reliability. Not sure if I would buy one today - that was a big selling point for me that only honda had. Now, you can find problems - like all the other brands.[/QUOT .

You make an excellent point. That is what I told the Honda customer service rep when he actually said to me " well they all have problems" . I replied, I know that's WHY I bought a HONDA!!! He said, well you've made a good point! I am trying to like mine, I just hope Hondas fix is the real deal

Last edited:
Reactions: Corona1
AZhunter

AZhunter

Jan 26, 2017
Peoria, Arizona
Ownership

1. 1000-5
It's simple... heat shield under the seat, blower fan under the seat... either bilge or radiator and if you really want to do it right. SuperATV flip out windshield.
Have all that.

Last edited by a moderator:
AZhunter

AZhunter

Jan 26, 2017
Peoria, Arizona
Ownership

1. 1000-5
7 in fan works really well!
I'm gonna let Honda try to fix their design problemS. if not, I'll sell it and go with anything that's been out for awhile. I had a 99 Honda CR250 I raced in the vet class and NEVER had any issues, best bike I ever had (I've had lots). That was a big reason I bought the first year Pioneer, I trusted Hondas Engineering. The Pioneer really surprised me with all of its issues. tired of trying to correct them. Hope Honda can (I think they will).

CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Just a Honda doing Honda things.
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
I'm gonna let Honda try to fix their design problemS. if not, I'll sell it and go with anything that's been out for awhile. I had a 99 Honda CR250 I raced in the vet class and NEVER had any issues, best bike I ever had (I've had lots). That was a big reason I bought the first year Pioneer, I trusted Hondas Engineering. The Pioneer really surprised me with all of its issues. tired of trying to correct them. Hope Honda can (I think they will).
I know they are working a few things out and hope they get it right. I too have always trusted Honda and buy because of the name but a few things slid by on this one. They will get it right but not without the issues being discussed and taken care of. Some things are easy fix but if we can do it so can they.

AZhunter

AZhunter

Jan 26, 2017
Peoria, Arizona
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I know they are working a few things out and hope they get it right. I too have always trusted Honda and buy because of the name but a few things slid by on this one. They will get it right but not without the issues being discussed and taken care of. Some things are easy fix but if we can do it so can they.
I agree. Well said!

Plongson

Plongson

May 18, 2017
Southern Utah
Ownership

1. 1000-5
@Plongson have you tried adding the seat heat barriers someone on this site is making? The 500s have the same problem because we're sitting on the engine. I spent $10 and bought a heat barrier. Problem solved.

Actually I'm just waiting for the Honda fix...and winter. I like the machine so much I'll deal with it for a while

advertisement
Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!