Status
Not open for further replies.
Plongson

Plongson

May 18, 2017
Southern Utah
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I threw on the windshield today and along with the hard roof, I made a trip to the dump. The morning was about 70°f and after a late light rain, the roads were damp and dust free, although it was threatening rain.
By the time I got back, I was cooking from the frigg'n heat in the cab. Wasting no time upon my arrival, I immediately called Honda America...AGAIN...and miraculously, got the SAME Honda Support agent that I had 6 weeks ago.

He said "Honda is FULLY aware of the heat issue in the Pioneer 1000's"... "A massive solution is underway."... "Watch my mail and get ready for a FACTORY solution to ALL of our cab heat issues..."

"But wait, that's not all, order in the next 10 minutes..."

Ahem...ever heard "The checks in the mail and I won't *** in your mouth"

That's about how much I believe Honda America....The fix will probably be duct tape around the shifter hole and a wet rag between the seats.

DPort

DPort

Lifetime Member
Jan 28, 2017
Lincoln, ME
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I threw on the windshield today and along with the hard roof, I made a trip to the dump. The morning was about 70°f and after a late light rain, the roads were damp and dust free, although it was threatening rain.
By the time I got back, I was cooking from the frigg'n heat in the cab. Wasting no time upon my arrival, I immediately called Honda America...AGAIN...and miraculously, got the SAME Honda Support agent that I had 6 weeks ago.

He said "Honda is FULLY aware of the heat issue in the Pioneer 1000's"... "A massive solution is underway."... "Watch my mail and get ready for a FACTORY solution to ALL of our cab heat issues..."

That's about how much I believe Honda America....The fix will probably be duct tape around the shifter hole and a wet rag between the seats.

Dealer told me today he has some heat shields coming soon, ha will call me when he gets them. He didn't know much more about them but seemed excited to be able to tell me the news.

Corona1

Corona1

Lifetime Member
Nov 5, 2016
The Land of Cheese
Ownership

1. 1000-5

Back in March I made my call to Honda about the heat issue and was given a case number. At that time I was told the same thing everyone else was told "Honda is very close" to releasing a solution.
Called yesterday to follow up and after a short conversation was told "Honda is very, very close" to releasing a solution. When pressed for a timeline, I was told again "very, very close".
This irritated me and the conversation went downhill from there.
I guess my point is I'm losing my patience as well as many others are, and was left with the impression that Honda doesn't give a shat.
End of rant-just frustrated.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ghost

ghost

Lifetime Member
Dec 4, 2015
BC
When I first heard Honda had a soultion and was almost ready I was very interesred. After about 4 months I gave up hope. That was over a year ago.

I dont like being negative like this and almost didn't click "post reply".
But the truth is the truth...

I've pretty much solved my heat issue with fixes on this site but this "customer service" is very irritating.

DMH

DMH

May 9, 2017
Central Florida
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon R

That's odd. Installed a new winch cable on ours when I got off work. Daughter drove it around for a while in the yard, then we went for ride down the road. 95+ deg at the time here in FL. No complaints about heat. Just warm air coming out of the usual places.

Reactions: sharp
L

Luv4Chaos1

Aug 1, 2016
Pinckney, MI
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I WILL NEVER BUY ANOTHER HONDA ANYTHING!!! I just bought a new Rzr Turbo because I hate my Honda so much!!! The doors suck! The clutch sucks! It will burn you by riding through a puddle! It will ingest water by hitting a puddle!! The dump box sucks!! This is my first Honda and my LAST!! I bought it because of the name. Boy was I dooped!!!! Junk! Junk!! Junk!!! Honda doesn't care!!!!!!!!

2016 Pioneer 1000-5 Deluxe.

E

elkguide

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Mar 14, 2017
Vermont
Ownership

1. 1000-3
I WILL NEVER BUY ANOTHER HONDA ANYTHING!!! I just bought a new Rzr Turbo because I hate my Honda so much!!! The doors suck! The clutch sucks! It will burn you by riding through a puddle! It will ingest water by hitting a puddle!! The dump box sucks!! This is my first Honda and my LAST!! I bought it because of the name. Boy was I dooped!!!! Junk! Junk!! Junk!!! Honda doesn't care!!!!!!!!

So go ahead and tell us how you really feel.

T

tbaker

Aug 31, 2013
NW. Georgia
Ownership

1. 1000-3
I got a buddy at work with a Polaris RZR 1000 turbo 4 seater and it has been nothing but problems. all the electrical does not work half the time and he bought it new and Polaris keeps giving him the run around. now today on the news he saw where Polaris has a recall on some model or models going back to 2010 that's 7 years don't know the details. I have a 2003 Honda rubicon with 7000 miles on it and no problems and just bought a 2017 Honda pioneer 1000 3P.

Smitty335

Smitty335

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 3, 2016
NWA Arkansas
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5

WOW! The dealer put a steam shied on for free, most dump beds on any brand take a little urging, the doors have adjustments for door rattles, that require two fingers, as for water, think it has to do with a full winshield. There is a big difference between P-1 and a RZR Turbo....

Last edited by a moderator:
advertisement
D

Deleted member 3748

You should add Polaris on your speed dial.

D

Deleted member 3748

When I first heard Honda had a soultion and was almost ready I was very interesred. After about 4 months I gave up hope. That was over a year ago.

I dont like being negative like this and almost didn't click "post reply".
But the truth is the truth...

I've pretty much solved my heat issue with fixes on this site but this "customer service" is very irritating.
I work in engineering for an automotive company. You can't just throw something on there as a solution. You have to thoroughly test these things. Yes, they should have tested the Pioneer1000 more before they released it and that is the problem but no one should expect them to bang out a solution in a month.

D

Deleted member 3748

@Plongson have you tried adding the seat heat barriers someone on this site is making? The 500s have the same problem because we're sitting on the engine. I spent $10 and bought a heat barrier. Problem solved.

Smitty335

Smitty335

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 3, 2016
NWA Arkansas
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
I work in engineering for an automotive company. You can't just throw something on there as a solution. You have to thoroughly test these things. Yes, they should have tested the Pioneer1000 more before they released it and that is the problem but no one should expect them to bang out a solution in a month.
I agree, but they should have stepped up to the plate for Cummins Pusher!

D

Deleted member 3748

I don't know that situation, but I guess I agree. :) I'm in IT but work in manufacturing engineering. You'd be amazed by how many people get involved with issues. It's a well oiled machine that runs well, but takes some time.

Smitty335

Smitty335

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 3, 2016
NWA Arkansas
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
@Plongson have you tried adding the seat heat barriers someone on this site is making? The 500s have the same problem because we're sitting on the engine. I spent $10 and bought a heat barrier. Problem solved.
I have, but been real leary about doing much with electrical stuff because of voltage issues with the transmission

D

Deleted member 3748

500's are great! Unless your on steep fast trails, ask Monte
I went on a spring ride with Polaris and Can Am 1000s. It was the scariest ride of my life. P500 to the floor for 4 hours and we burned through a tank of fuel in 60 miles

Reactions: moparornocar
CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Just a Honda doing Honda things.
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
Had they done that they would've continued to have a life long fan that buys a machine every other year. Bought 7 new and 12 used with only problems on the 1000 but big problems. They already lost one sale from us last week alone plus bad publicity anywhere we ride. I love the 1000 platform and our red one was f*ing AWESOME but this one just isn't.

advertisement
Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!