Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Mar 17, 2015
Guntersville, AL
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
My solution was to fix it and move on. It still pisses me off that I had to spend more money and time to fix it. This forum is covered up with those statements from me and many other members.

I think I chose wisely to fix it and get to enjoying my rig because Honda keeps jerking us around on the fix. 2018 is coming up soon and I bought mine in late 2015. I'm glad I didn't fuss about it for the past 2 1/2 years. I've been able to enjoy my vehicle instead.

Now I still tell everyone about the problems that I think is considering a Honda Pioneer. People need to know for sure.

Ride on my fiends.
3f4dfca315316518c76e4ce8fcc7a26d

AZhunter

AZhunter

Jan 26, 2017
Peoria, Arizona
Ownership

1. 1000-5
We know that the problems are real. We don't try to hide that, is a matter of fact we try to tell everyone how to fix the problem. Some people are happy by fixing their problems and moving on in and enjoying the vehicle.

Some people would rather have it built right the first time and will continue to push Honda to fix this.

Neither way is wrong and neither way is right, it's all personal preference on how you want to go about things.

When someone says that there's an easy solution for the problem it's not that we're trying to cover it up we're just thinking that the new member may be a person that would like to fix it and move on.

When the moderators jump in is when people start using foul language and attacking.
I hear you and couldn't agree more.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: joeymt33
trigger

trigger

Old Ironsides
Vendor
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 13, 2016
Bay City, Michigan
www.quickshieldutv.com
Ownership

1. 500
I have come to realize that with the exception CP, a hand full of regulars on here don't what you to post any problems. if you do then you have to deal with the same home remedy suggestions, but if I say I want Honda to fix it, I'm whining. "Just stop whining and ride". This forum is for most of you with the banners under your name. no matter what any of you elitist's say the non banners are wrong and you run the show. you call it whining only you don't agree with it. I had another fella PM me with the same issue. he tried to make a point and everybody attacked him. these regulars can talk as crude and nasty as they want about us, but say one thing back and the good ole boys attack us and want us out.

This forum is for everybody. Members offering ideas and solutions to the problem is what it's all about. Otherwise it's just a rant and the only reply would be 'yeah'.
Yes, Honda should fix the problem. And Stihl should fix my chainsaw, but that ain't gettin' the wood cut! ;)

Hotwlz

Hotwlz

Feb 19, 2017
Houston, Texas
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I have come to realize that with the exception CP, a hand full of regulars on here don't what you to post any problems. if you do then you have to deal with the same home remedy suggestions, but if I say I want Honda to fix it, I'm whining. "Just stop whining and ride". This forum is for most of you with the banners under your name. no matter what any of you elitist's say the non banners are wrong and you run the show. you call it whining only you don't agree with it. I had another fella PM me with the same issue. he tried to make a point and everybody attacked him. these regulars can talk as crude and nasty as they want about us, but say one thing back and the good ole boys attack us and want us out.
I don't have any banners under my name and I can see both sides, however I look at it like this...any consumer is responsible for doing the research on the products that they intend to purchase especially something this large. I probably totally over researched all brands and still made the choice to buy Honda fully aware that they had clutch and heat problems. In the end nobody held a gun to our heads when we signed the checks or the finance papers and it is OUR purchase. If you want to wait for a Honda fix perfect, if you don't the members were just trying to help.

J

JTW

It's funny how folks pick and choose what they want to hear. I've done my share of b****ing about the Honda issues. But I knew what they were going into my purchase. Seat heat, air intake and minor easy fixes are a pain but easily solved... Those fixes came from the guys on this site offering help and making suggestions... Sure we all wish Honda had all the problems fixed from the get go, but they don't. The only major issue these machines have is with clutch problems... mine were just replaced. Although, I wasn't happy about it. I put on my big boy pants and choose to ride on. Should Honda fix the issue beyond just clutch replacement. Absolutely!! Should Honda make changes and improve the platform further... yep! Should this place become like every other side by side forum which nothing but whining, complaining and moaning?? NOPE!! I haven't been here even a year yet... so I'd like to know when I get my good old boy status? I mean is it a ribbon, trophy or just a certificate??

Last edited by a moderator:
Kilo427

Kilo427

Not about the destination Its about the journey
Lifetime Member
Dec 10, 2015
I was serious about some more ideas on seat heat minus the JTW dream though, so that's pretty cool.

Reactions: JTW and AZhunter
Welshman

Welshman

May 12, 2017
Malad, ID
Ownership

1. 1000-5
My solution was to fix it and move on. It still pisses me off that I had to spend more money and time to fix it. This forum is covered up with those statements from me and many other members.

I think I chose wisely to fix it and get to enjoying my rig because Honda keeps jerking us around on the fix. 2018 is coming up soon and I bought mine in late 2015. I'm glad I didn't fuss about it for the past 2 1/2 years. I've been able to enjoy my vehicle instead.

Now I still tell everyone about the problems that I think is considering a Honda Pioneer. People need to know for sure.

Ride on my fiends.
View attachment 50270
I think Joey nailed it. Do we really think they are going to have a fix for this in a month? If they do are they going to offer it up front for nothing? Is this fix going to work any better than the heat shield and fan everyone is using? I have the heat shield on and have a fan but haven't installed it yet. Took off the top of the split windshield and it hasn't been to bad. They have a fix for the intake and the heat from the shifter and I didn't get a letter telling me to bring it in for those to be fixed. Don't think I'll be seeing one when this comes out either.

AZhunter

AZhunter

Jan 26, 2017
Peoria, Arizona
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I was serious about some more ideas on seat heat minus the JTW dream though, so that's pretty cool.
I have done the fan, insulation EVERYWHERE, header tape, different windshields etc. the only real bad heat is from the dash and it just pours out of the shifter holes. but I saw Honda came out with a fix for that. I am still gonna let Honda fix it but I am interested in your fix.

advertisement
Hondasxs

Hondasxs

Club Founder
Staff member
Feb 13, 2013
Charlotte, NC
HondaSxS.com
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon R
We all want Honda to fix these issues. But their fix will not be even close to a cure all.
The mentioned suggestions hold the best results as I am 100% sure bigH will not embark down this path.
Though I too hope for a factory fix. I know the solution coming will only be more plastic shielding lined with tin foil tape.

-----------------------------

THREAD CLOSED.
This post is now closed as things were getting out of control. If you can't respect each other then this is no place for you.
Yet, this topic shall remain online as the information is important and bigH needs to hear it!

* many irrelevant posts have been removed!

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!