P500 Can i add the autoshift to my 2015?

Hondasxs

Hondasxs

Club Founder
Staff member
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 13, 2013
Charlotte, NC
HondaSxS.com
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon R
Anybody done this?
No.
We looked at this when they came out. Same for the 700's. Not ruling out it can or can't be done. Just how much money you going to waste until you give up. Its more then shifters, control motor, and a black box.

Reactions: Dp5hunter
B

Brett_1388

Sep 18, 2018
Upstate NY
Ownership

1. 500
No.
We looked at this when they came out. Same for the 700's. Not ruling out it can or can't be done. Just how much money you going to waste until you give up. Its more then shifters, control motor, and a black box.
Thank You!!! The exact kind of answer i was hoping for!

Hondasxs

Hondasxs

Club Founder
Staff member
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 13, 2013
Charlotte, NC
HondaSxS.com
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon R
Thank You!!! The exact kind of answer i was hoping for!
Welcome to the club. Sorry, Didn't see this was your first post.
We were hopeful, but after digging through the parts fish there were too many updated part numbers along with new sensors.
Not to mention a very slightly different gear ratio spread.

HUCK

HUCK

Lifetime Member
Jun 21, 2016
ARIZONA
Ownership

1. 500

2. Talon X
You would be way money ahead to sell your 15 and buy a newer one with auto . Same I used to tell customers that wanted to upgrade there 2x4 trucks to 4x4 .

B

Brett_1388

Sep 18, 2018
Upstate NY
Ownership

1. 500
You would be way money ahead to sell your 15 and buy a newer one with auto . Same I used to tell customers that wanted to upgrade there 2x4 trucks to 4x4 .
Yeah, looks that way!
Thanks!!

SpaceTroll

SpaceTroll

Jul 8, 2018
Kirbyville Tx
Ownership

1. 500
Welcome to the club. My buggy is a 17 and to be honest with you I use my paddles 95% of the time. It's nice to have the auto option but if I didn't have it I probably wouldn't miss it ;)

Buford

Buford

May 9, 2016
U.S.A.
No.

Then also the main wiring harness and who knows what else. I bet you could spend a couple grand easy buying parts at wholesale and doing all your own work.

alloutdoors

alloutdoors

Jan 21, 2018
US
Ownership

1. 500

2. 700-4

3. Do not currently own
The original request reminds me of something my Dad said decades ago "Son there is nothing money can't fix" and he was referring to mechanical/manmade things, so yes (LOL), if you have the funds it can be done...…

Smitty335

Smitty335

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 3, 2016
NWA Arkansas
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
Thanks!
Seems to be nice/helpful group!!
You haven't got to know us yet! There are a lot of great people on this site with a lot of good info, I been working diligently to be included in this group, but to no avail, So Welcome Anyways, you will have a blast!

Smitty335

Smitty335

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 3, 2016
NWA Arkansas
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
9, just like a cat, you are on #8.
Most accumulated when you tormented stray cats in your younger years.
Could only catch the cat 3 times and it wasn't a stray, so does that mean I have 6?

Smitty335

Smitty335

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 3, 2016
NWA Arkansas
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
9, just like a cat, you are on #8.
Most accumulated when you tormented stray cats in your younger years.
And then was the yard chickens, Grandma had all of these potato baskets and Grandpa had all this twine, so I would make chicken traps, put chicken scratch under the baskets and pull the twine tripping the handle and catching the chicken, Grandma would come out and find her whole flock under potato baskets, would whip the pee out of my uncle, he was two years older than I, he was supposed to be watching me, wasn't really fair, he could never keep up with my antics. Then came feeding the cattle, I loved it, throwing hay off the back of the pick up, banging off gate posts in the snow. Then came the tractor, I found out Grand Pa would let me drive it if I picked up rocks, so shortly thereafter no rocks. My Uncle hated me, I could've given a flip less. Just loved the farm. Then came the Hedge apple jousting, would load up Hedge apples in toe sacks and put them on the horses and charge each other throwing Henge apples, great fun! Wonder why I'm like I am HA!

TeamCheap

TeamCheap

Mar 10, 2018
southeast michigan
Ownership

1. 500

2. Other Brand
The last ride we went on I was laughing as I thought about how Honda made it fun to keep both hands on the steering wheel, hands at 10 and 2-O'clock, hands at 10 and 2-O'clock.:D

Keeping both hands on the wheel is no different than keeping them wrapped around a set of handle bars but a lot of people drive their cars one handed, I know I do but that is a bit more dangerous when off roading on tight tree lined trails.

I use auto for putting around the property, going to the trails and on the wide open somewhat boring snowmobile trails but on the tight, twisty trails it's manual only, way to much fun.

B

Brett_1388

Sep 18, 2018
Upstate NY
Ownership

1. 500
Then also the main wiring harness and who knows what else. I bet you could spend a couple grand easy buying parts at wholesale and doing all your own work.
Thats what i was afraid of! I was hoping the answer was a switch and a few hundred dollar Black Box!!
It was worth asking.

THANKS TO ALL!!!

Reactions: Mudder

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!