BOX1

P500 Can you run the stock rear wheels on the front?

Meridian83646

Meridian83646

Mar 30, 2016
Meridian, Idaho
Has anyone tried running the stock rear wheels on the front?

Last edited:
S

Sledge

Have no fear here, somebody will help you with this.
Dang, Meridian, I guess no one has tried it! I'm interested too,though, so thought I'd bring it back up.

Don't quit on the site, though. No answer just means no one can help, not that they wouldn't like to.

Good men, eager-to-help men, hereabouts.

Your next question might draw 100 replies.

Joe

Reactions: Montecresto
JACKAL

JACKAL

Ancient Honda fanboi
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jun 11, 2015
Pioneer, TN
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5
I don't know of anyone who has tried running the rear wheel on the front. Many are however running 7" wide rims all the way around with their aftermarket tires and not having any issues. The only thing I could think of is that it would make your front end about 3" wider than currently and depending upon tire diameter could add some rubbing near full lock turn with the wider tires of a larger diameter such as anything over 27" tall and 10" wide will most likely rub.

Reactions: Smitty335
WAYNEGRAY

WAYNEGRAY

Apr 30, 2020
Red Rock AZ
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Did you ever get a answer to this question? I mounted a 27-9-14 tire on a rear wheel, 14-8. I would only use it in case of emergency. The front wheels are 14-6.5 Might rub at full lock and probably would stick out past the fender. It would be nice to know if anyone has ever tried it...

GrnP500

GrnP500

Lifetime Member
Apr 21, 2019
COTXARLA
Ownership

1. 500
Yes, I do. Bought P500 last fall and bought an extra set of stock wheels and tires for $125 from dealer. (Was going to use 6" wheels and mount 26x9x12 on all four, which I have done.) Anyway I immediately put the new 10" takeoffs on the front. There is a plastic tab on the front hub that needs to be sanded down or it will rub on the wider wheel and squeak. I'll use the 10" in rice fields and 9" in mountain rocks and 50" trails.

Reactions: Splorin
lee

lee

Village Idiot
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Apr 4, 2013
Springfield Ohio
Ownership

1. 500
@DG Rider didn’t you have something like this on your p500 when you got it 2nd hand?
Any thoughts?

Reactions: DG Rider
DG Rider

DG Rider

Member: Triple Clutch Club
Lifetime Member
Aug 14, 2013
Casa Grande, AZ
Ownership

1. 700-2
@DG Rider didn’t you have something like this on your p500 when you got it 2nd hand?
An thoughts?
Yes. OEM rear wheels and tires at both ends. If it rubbed, the previous owner took care of it I guess.

Reactions: lee
DG Rider

DG Rider

Lifetime Member
Aug 14, 2013
Casa Grande, AZ
Ownership

1. 700-2
I don't really care for the looks that much, and it made the front about an inch wider than the rear which I took care of with wheel spacers. in my initial impression was that the 500 steered a bit heavier than my old 700 did, and maybe this is why. But I guess I don't really care enough to actually spend money on narrower wheels and tires. Or maybe I've just gotten used to looking at it.

DG Rider

DG Rider

Lifetime Member
Aug 14, 2013
Casa Grande, AZ
Ownership

1. 700-2
Did you ever get a answer to this question? I mounted a 27-9-14 tire on a rear wheel, 14-8. I would only use it in case of emergency. The front wheels are 14-6.5 Might rub at full lock and probably would stick out past the fender. It would be nice to know if anyone has ever tried it...
What where the wheels for?

Smitty335

Smitty335

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 3, 2016
NWA Arkansas
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
Just curious, why would you want to do that? You busted the stock front tires? I have busted 3 stock front tires, finally went to 30's of all 4 corners, no more issues. The stock front tires just don't have enough space between rocks and rim, my opinion? BUT the 30's will need front a arms if you ride at speed.

WAYNEGRAY

WAYNEGRAY

Apr 30, 2020
Red Rock AZ
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Just bought the machine...its a 2019...not changing tire or wheel size. If I do...wont fit in my toy hauler. Not enough clearance to top bunk or galley sink cabinet for width.
Wanted a spare tire. Found two rims on ebay, went to buy tires, Maxxis 2.0 on machine are 4 ply...tires they sell now are 6 ply, just like the original Bighorns..assumed rims were the same at all for corners..thats when I jumped into this thread...should of started a separate thread

Smitty335

Smitty335

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 3, 2016
NWA Arkansas
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
Just bought the machine...its a 2019...not changing tire or wheel size. If I do...wont fit in my toy hauler. Not enough clearance to top bunk or galley sink cabinet for width.
Wanted a spare tire. Found two rims on ebay, went to buy tires, Maxxis 2.0 on machine are 4 ply...tires they sell now are 6 ply, just like the original Bighorns..assumed rims were the same at all for corners..thats when I jumped into this thread...should of started a separate thread
Naw! Were they rear rims? The fronts are good for spares.

BOX2
box3

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!