CANCELED - The 2020 PIONEER TAKEOVER - A Honda SxS Club, Group Ride! April 24th & 25th, 2020!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Tramguage1

Tramguage1

Texan
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jul 2, 2015
Somereset, Texas
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
We went through Windrock in the middle of week. So we figured a very low risk of getting checked. We also had a person that was ill In our group. We came back on the pavement from the prison.

Russ989

Russ989

Land of the free because of the Brave! 🇺🇸
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Dec 18, 2017
Missouri
Ownership

1. 1000-5
To go to the train and the prison you will go beyond the land your permit covers. Well I'm pretty sure anyways. Jackal can clear this up. Also it is a long ride.
I think you’re right, I bought the annual when I went to Windrock the permits at Royal Blue are different.

Reactions: seig
Russ989

Russ989

Land of the free because of the Brave! 🇺🇸
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Dec 18, 2017
Missouri
Ownership

1. 1000-5
U can get there going through the new river unit of north Cumberland wma. Your permits would cover that. Jackal took them through windrock last year. Windrock requires a $100 permit per person per year. Idk what the daily permit cost.
That’s good to know.

farmtimpioneer

farmtimpioneer

Wise Men Still Seek "Him"
Lifetime Member
Jul 27, 2018
Brookville Ohio
Ownership

1. 1000-3
Proven Bad Neighbor stifling devices,,,,

C80EED9A 7BE0 412C BD86 3D63210D97CC
6EDBB6C0 889D 4F9D 8646 635E463ED27C

JACKAL

JACKAL

Ancient Honda fanboi
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jun 11, 2015
Pioneer, TN
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5
I should arrive Monday
@JACKAL Maybe another guided trip to the train and prison?
Sure thing, I will be available all week leading up to Takeover weekend to take people out to see or ride wherever they want to go.

There are a few ways to get to Brushy Mountain Pennetentiary, shorter way by trail is passing through Windrock, its 5 hours. Going around through New River unit (TWRA) would add another 90 minutes ( best guess), then there is the legal backroads that you can take which takes just under 2 hours to run.

If you wanted a daily Windrock permit its about $20 per person but only passing through for about 3 hours FYI. Going mid week will not likely see anyone else.

Choogsbro

Choogsbro

CEO of Monkey Business
Lifetime Member
Mar 20, 2018
Monticello, Ky
Ownership

1. Other Brand
Sure thing, I will be available all week leading up to Takeover weekend to take people out to see or ride wherever they want to go.

There are a few ways to get to Brushy Mountain Pennetentiary, shorter way by trail is passing through Windrock, its 5 hours. Going around through New River unit (TWRA) would add another 90 minutes ( best guess), then there is the legal backroads that you can take which takes just under 2 hours to run.

If you wanted a daily Windrock permit its about $20 per person but only passing through for about 3 hours FYI. Going mid week will not likely see anyone else.
Thanks Jackal. Are figures 1 way or round trip ?

JACKAL

JACKAL

Ancient Honda fanboi
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jun 11, 2015
Pioneer, TN
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5
Thanks Jackal. Are figures 1 way or round trip ?

One way, by trail from RRB to BMP is about 60 miles or 120 round trip taking 11 hours if you went through Windrock both ways.

There are a few options for road and trail that can make the ride as short as 2 hrs at about 25-30 mph (45 miles) to 7 hours bypassing Windrock going around through New River. So happens the backroads intersects the trails about 4 times so you have options to speed things up time wise or in bad weather.

I've made the trip about 8x this year in 6 months taking people there by request.

Choogsbro

Choogsbro

CEO of Monkey Business
Lifetime Member
Mar 20, 2018
Monticello, Ky
Ownership

1. Other Brand
One way, by trail from RRB to BMP is about 60 miles or 120 round trip taking 11 hours if you went through Windrock both ways.

There are a few options for road and trail that can make the ride as short as 2 hrs at about 25-30 mph (45 miles) to 7 hours bypassing Windrock going around through New River. So happens the backroads intersects the trails about 4 times so you have options to speed things up time wise or in bad weather.

I've made the trip about 8x this year in 6 months taking people there by request.
Thanks again. The 7 hour trip doesn't sound bad. The 11 hour would have to be without the wife and dog.

nitzo

nitzo

Lifetime Member
Aug 16, 2019
East Coast, Florida
Ownership

1. 1000-5

What day do you see this happening?

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!