CANCELED - The 2020 PIONEER TAKEOVER - A Honda SxS Club, Group Ride! April 24th & 25th, 2020!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Russ989

Russ989

Land of the free because of the Brave! 🇺🇸
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Dec 18, 2017
Missouri
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Getting closer... What's everybody still have to do to their machines to get them ready :p ? I've got some frame gussets to weld in and then I need to go through and put weldable nutserts for the skid. Can't take the self-tappers any more.... Other than that I feel like I've got my machine pretty well sorted. I do need to work on the alignment though now that everything has settled.
Adam, why do you do this to me? I can’t keep thinking about my pioneer, I’m hemorrhaging money over here! 💰 🏦 😭 😂

Adam490

Adam490

HFA Grand High Wizard
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Apr 7, 2019
Covington, LA
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon R LV
Did You have to adjust Your front camber any from when You installed SATV pre set A-Arms, I think mine will be ok I put them on and drove it around a while it has been almost two months they seem to be pretty much 0 deg. checking with an angle finder,,,,
Yes, I've got a little negative camber up front after riding it in some rough terrain and everything settling in. Probably a turn in on each side should get me at, or really close to, 0*.

Neohio

Neohio

Beast of the East
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Dec 22, 2016
Painesville Ohio
Ownership

1. 1000-5
No I didn’t, I’m going to drive it a bit and let everything settle in and then I’m going to pull them and beef up the frame tabs.
I'll put your name on my last set of washers, you will want them before they start tearing up the factory tabs.
I need to get some more machined.

farmtimpioneer

farmtimpioneer

Wise Men Still Seek "Him"
Lifetime Member
Jul 27, 2018
Brookville Ohio
Ownership

1. 1000-3
At some point in time do We ever get to where We are happy and satisfied with these things or do We always think the grass will be greener with another modification, maybe we should start a Pioneer Modification Hotline, PMH,, here's Your sign you may have a problem if your house is falling apart but Your Pioneer always looks good and ready for the next trail,,,,,,:)

Russ989

Russ989

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Dec 18, 2017
Missouri
Ownership

1. 1000-5
At some point in time do We ever get to where We are happy and satisfied with these things or do We always think the grass will be greener with another modification, maybe we should start a Pioneer Modification Hotline, PMH,, here's Your sign you may have a problem if your house is falling apart but Your Pioneer always looks good and ready for the next trail,,,,,,:)
I’m already drooling and daydreaming about a KRX 1000! I’ve always liked four wheeling but ever since buying my second pioneer and going to the TO I’ve been hooked. Crazy, this all started when I went in to buy a foreman rubicon. 💰 😂

farmtimpioneer

farmtimpioneer

Wise Men Still Seek "Him"
Lifetime Member
Jul 27, 2018
Brookville Ohio
Ownership

1. 1000-3
I’m already drooling and daydreaming about a KRX 1000! I’ve always liked four wheeling but ever since buying my second pioneer and going to the TO I’ve been hooked. Crazy, this all started when I went in to buy a foreman rubicon. 💰 😂
Why not a Talon R with Turbo Loaded,,,,,,,,

Neohio

Neohio

Beast of the East
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Dec 22, 2016
Painesville Ohio
Ownership

1. 1000-5
My 1000 was bought as a glorified golf cart for our campground. I was driving home from the mall one Saturday morning with the wife and suggested we swing by the Honda dealer to check out a Pioneer to use around camp.

Well, ever since that Saturday morning, she greatly dislikes when I stop anywhere unannounced!

Everything was fine and dandy with the ownership of ours, until 12/26/16. The day I decided to join this forum. Ever since then, it has been downhill. But in a good way. Our first takeover was 2017 and she absolutely fell in love with the members and more importantly their wives during our short stay. I can honestly say, I've never met a better group of people than this forum. You get in a pickle and reach an obstacle that freaks you out? Someone will jump in and take your machine past it. None of the my junk is bigger than yours stuff.
If you've reached your limit, someone will jump in and bring you past. no hard feelings, maybe some light ribbing. but all in good fun.

Russ989

Russ989

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Dec 18, 2017
Missouri
Ownership

1. 1000-5
My 1000 was bought as a glorified golf cart for our campground. I was driving home from the mall one Saturday morning with the wife and suggested we swing by the Honda dealer to check out a Pioneer to use around camp.

Well, ever since that Saturday morning, she greatly dislikes when I stop anywhere unannounced!

Everything was fine and dandy with the ownership of ours, until 12/26/16. The day I decided to join this forum. Ever since then, it has been downhill. But in a good way. Our first takeover was 2017 and she absolutely fell in love with the members and more importantly their wives during our short stay. I can honestly say, I've never met a better group of people than this forum. You get in a pickle and reach an obstacle that freaks you out? Someone will jump in and take your machine past it. None of the my junk is bigger than yours stuff.
If you've reached your limit, someone will jump in and bring you past. no hard feelings, maybe some light ribbing. but all in good fun.
You’re right, a lot of great people here.

Adam490

Adam490

HFA Grand High Wizard
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Apr 7, 2019
Covington, LA
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon R LV

Similar story for me. I was looking for a Honda Foreman forum and one of the Google searches brought me to a thread on here about a Rubicon. I read through it and then started poking around in the build threads. I only see machines built to ride around in the mud down here, so I thought it was really cool to see these trail/rock rigs. Joined the forum on 4/7/19 and then had the Pioneer on the trailer 3 days later after reading through just about every build thread there was. Convinced my dad to come to TO2019 with me and I've been hooked ever since. Made some really good friends and have had a blast on every ride.

Russ989

Russ989

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Dec 18, 2017
Missouri
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Similar story for me. I was looking for a Honda Foreman forum and one of the Google searches brought me to a thread on here about a Rubicon. I read through it and then started poking around in the build threads. I only see machines built to ride around in the mud down here, so I thought it was really cool to see these trail/rock rigs. Joined the forum on 4/7/19 and then had the Pioneer on the trailer 3 days later after reading through just about every build thread there was. Convinced my dad to come to TO2019 with me and I've been hooked ever since. Made some really good friends and have had a blast on every ride.
True that, I remember you and your dad jumping in with our group out on the trail. Good times!

Neohio

Neohio

Beast of the East
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Dec 22, 2016
Painesville Ohio
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I bet you never thought in a million years you'd leave your 3 week old machine out of sight at some random members campsite so you wouldn't have to trailer it back to your hotel.

Adam490

Adam490

HFA Grand High Wizard
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Apr 7, 2019
Covington, LA
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon R LV
I bet you never thought in a million years you'd leave your 3 week old machine out of sight at some random members campsite so you wouldn't have to trailer it back to your hotel.
For sure, haha! Figured you guys had much nicer machines than mine so I'd be better off leaving it with strangers with nicer toys if someone came along to steal one 😂

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!