CANCELED - The 2020 PIONEER TAKEOVER - A Honda SxS Club, Group Ride! April 24th & 25th, 2020!

Status
Not open for further replies.
100Acre

100Acre

Samsquinch the Terrible Magic Bean Manipulator
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Apr 25, 2017
Idaho
Ownership

1. 1000-5
So are you saying other stuff is gonna get bent up because of the aluminum skids or just the skids is gonna get bent up?

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk
Skids then possibly other stuff. I have UHMW on both my chines. No complaints as of yet and they’ve saved me underside many a time against formidable trail obstacles. I’ve hit hard many times with barley a scratch. Tough stuff, well worth the bucks.

100Acre

100Acre

Samsquinch the Terrible Magic Bean Manipulator
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Apr 25, 2017
Idaho
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I think I’d be able to retire a year or two early if I didn’t have this pioneer obsession.
This pioneer obsession has taken me more places than I could’ve possibly ever imagined. Never been this happy afore.
Like a giant bug! Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahshsshhshhshshshhshhdufjgkktotorlkfktpe....
78F41A2E 0E4F 4F20 A4C5 B126ACED9E70

J

JTW

So are you saying other stuff is gonna get bent up because of the aluminum skids or just the skids is gonna get bent up?

Aluminum bends.... end of story. Whether it’s a skid plate or an a arm guard, if it’s aluminum it’s going to bend. The aluminum plates that have swells and punched areas so the bottom isn’t just flat, will be better. But after they bend they’re bent. Those bends cut clearance for any other future impacts. They’re great for sticks and that type of thing... but if you bash in the rocks... you’re going to fubar them up!

aprils_fool

aprils_fool

Lifetime Member
Jul 7, 2017
Big Rapids, MI
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Aluminum bends.... end of story. Whether it’s a skid plate or an a arm guard, if it’s aluminum it’s going to bend. The aluminum plates that have swells and punched areas so the bottom isn’t just flat, will be better. But after they bend they’re bent. Those bends cut clearance for any other future impacts. They’re great for sticks and that type of thing... but if you bash in the rocks... you’re going to fubar them up!

Russ989

Russ989

Land of the free because of the Brave! 🇺🇸
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Dec 18, 2017
Missouri
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Skids then possibly other stuff. I have UHMW on both my chines. No complaints as of yet and they’ve saved me underside many a time against formidable trail obstacles. I’ve hit hard many times with barley a scratch. Tough stuff, well worth the bucks.
I actually tore a piece up on the 700. Don’t know how I did it but it looked rough!

aprils_fool

aprils_fool

Lifetime Member
Jul 7, 2017
Big Rapids, MI
Ownership

1. 1000-5
So what's your thoughts of the hybrid aluminum with the uhmw attached will it provide some "cushion" of the impact on the aluminum? @JTW

If Ricochet had a full uhmw for the P1k5 I'd order it today.

Russ989

Russ989

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Dec 18, 2017
Missouri
Ownership

1. 1000-5
What about for the A-arm guards? Do you use the UHMW or aluminum?
I’ve only had aluminum, they survived a trip to Royal Blue and a trip to Windrock. One of the front ones got mangled up but a big mallet fixed it. I’ll probably put uhmw on my 1000 if I don’t buy arched a-arms.

Russ989

Russ989

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Dec 18, 2017
Missouri
Ownership

1. 1000-5
So what's your thoughts of the hybrid aluminum with the uhmw attached will it provide some "cushion" of the impact on the aluminum? @JTW

If Ricochet had a full uhmw for the P1k5 I'd order it today.

I was wondering the same thing, I would think it would work ok but I don’t think it’s as tough as the Trail Armor.

farmtimpioneer

farmtimpioneer

Wise Men Still Seek "Him"
Lifetime Member
Jul 27, 2018
Brookville Ohio
Ownership

1. 1000-3
Sorry just getting back to You, no I have not adjusted and that is the way they come new in the box !!!! I don't know what do You think???
I do know that the 1000-3P is a different spring than the 5P

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!