100Acre

Samsquinch the Terrible Magic Bean Manipulator
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Apr 25, 2017
Idaho
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I purchased one of those orange sprayer nozzles with hose and pump after overheating at the takeover as well as the collapsable bucket for scooping water from a water source. Because I do a lot of desert/arid landscape types of riding I thought I'd try to carry some with me for the same purpose. I purchased one of those Rotopax FuelPax to carry fuel on the trail but I think I broke the crappy Obama safety nozzle the 1st time I used it. It wasn't very good for fueling the P5 once I got it to flow. I ended up buying one of those opaque fuel bottles last year in Washington after seeing @CumminsPusher use his. So now that I'm carrying fuel in an easier to fill bottle I thought I'd use the FuelPax bottle for carrying water in drier conditions. I'll probably just have to remove the sediment filter from the end of the hose nozzle pump thing. I carry the opaque bottle in a milk crate on the floor and the platform I made to hold it in place that me Dag sits on.

IMG 1076
IMG 4891
IMG 4893
Fullsizeoutput de5
IMG 4403

Montecresto

Montecresto

Montecresto el segundo
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jan 17, 2016
Eastern oklahoma
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500

3. 1000-3

4. 1000-5

5. Talon X4
I purchased one of those orange sprayer nozzles with hose and pump after overheating at the takeover as well as the collapsable bucket for scooping water from a water source. Because I do a lot of desert/arid landscape types of riding I thought I'd try to carry some with me for the same purpose. I purchased one of those Rotopax FuelPax to carry fuel on the trail but I think I broke the crappy Obama safety nozzle the 1st time I used it. It wasn't very good for fueling the P5 once I got it to flow. I ended up buying one of those opaque fuel bottles last year in Washington after seeing @CumminsPusher use his. So now that I'm carrying fuel in an easier to fill bottle I thought I'd use the FuelPax bottle for carrying water in drier conditions. I'll probably just have to remove the sediment filter from the end of the hose nozzle pump thing. I carry the opaque bottle in a milk crate on the floor and the platform I made to hold it in place that me Dag sits on.

View attachment 82012 View attachment 82014 View attachment 82015 View attachment 82016 View attachment 82018
The EPA adopted the new portable fuel container controls that everybody has come to hate on Feb 28, 2007, two years before Obama became president. I have found quick fill spouts however on Amazon, also I buy all the old gas cans I can find at yard sales etc., lol.

I’ve never heard of a P5 overheating. Did that happen due to air pockets formed when you laid your P5 over, or was there some other reason???

Reactions: Biteme
Dp5hunter

Dp5hunter

Lifetime Member
Jul 24, 2016
Hazlehurst Mississippi
Ownership

1. 500
I have not had my P500 Ron hot on me yet and here in Mississippi I have done some heavy mud riding but we check the radiators often when the s*** gets deep. Last time we rode at RRB I had to carry extra fuel for my son's 4weeler.

Montecresto

Montecresto

Montecresto el segundo
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jan 17, 2016
Eastern oklahoma
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500

3. 1000-3

4. 1000-5

5. Talon X4
It happened a few times for myself and others at the takeover due to mud clogging up the radiator. Thanks for the history lesson.
Wow, we’re you under mud or was that mud thrown from riders in front of you??

Montecresto

Montecresto

Montecresto el segundo
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jan 17, 2016
Eastern oklahoma
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500

3. 1000-3

4. 1000-5

5. Talon X4
I have not had my P500 Ron hot on me yet and here in Mississippi I have done some heavy mud riding but we check the radiators often when the s*** gets deep. Last time we rode at RRB I had to carry extra fuel for my son's 4weeler.
Do you have to stop and wash your radiator out periodically?? Hey Dp5, you coming to the lake Greeson ride the end of September? It’s closer to you than Mulberry!!!

Last edited:
CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Just a Honda doing Honda things.
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
Do you have to stop and wash your radiator out periodically?? Hey Dp5, you coming to the lake Greeson ride the end of September? It’s closer to you than Mulberry!!!
Riding close in the group at Tennessee we saw lots of over heating including my rig. That’s the only time I’ve overheated in a Pioneer

Mudder

Mudder

NTC Ambassador of Walls
Lifetime Member
Oct 1, 2016
Georgia
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500
Mine overheated due to a mud clogged radiator as well (soupy clay mud x4 hrs). For local shorter rides, just carry a plastic jug of water and sprayer in trash can under seat, low COG. For longer rides like our Takeover experience, plan to carry both a Water Brick, and FuelPak to balance things out, and they fit in cargo rack near perfectly. Found them at a better price than the other brands. Just need a good sealed cooler for the middle of cargo rack now.

14B65C7A 3E15 45D1 8B0F 07CFF6163F22 DF318FBE C367 4B6D 8CC2 C36D9D4987CA 820DA0FA D50B 4B17 8C1B 43F68D1F3A77

Alan aka Davinci

Alan aka Davinci

Mr. Meme Master
Lifetime Member
Apr 25, 2015
Grand Junction, CO
Ownership

1. 500
RotoPax sells a self venting spout, I have them on both of mine. ;)
Trigger man is correct, RotoPax sell the self venting and as they told me by law that have to ship the new ones with the Obama approved piece of crap filler but what you buy and use afterwards is up to you. My handy dandy Enviro approved spout lasted until I used it the second time.

Last edited:
Montecresto

Montecresto

Montecresto el segundo
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jan 17, 2016
Eastern oklahoma
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500

3. 1000-3

4. 1000-5

5. Talon X4
Riding close in the group at Tennessee we saw lots of over heating including my rig. That’s the only time I’ve overheated in a Pioneer
From the sxs in front of you throwing mud on your grill??

trigger

trigger

Old Ironsides
Vendor
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 13, 2016
Bay City, Michigan
www.quickshieldutv.com
Ownership

1. 500
Really? Just go to a motor cycle shop and buy a real gas can!

These cans have saved me and others on the trail. Small, rigid and can take a serious beating. Most expensive cans I've ever bought and for mounting extra water and fuel on a sxs, RotoPax are as real as it gets. ;)

12 3 Rear

Montecresto

Montecresto

Montecresto el segundo
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jan 17, 2016
Eastern oklahoma
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500

3. 1000-3

4. 1000-5

5. Talon X4
These cans have saved me and others on the trail. Small, rigid and can take a serious beating. Most expensive cans I've ever bought and for mounting extra water and fuel on a sxs, RotoPax are as real as it gets. ;)

View attachment 82101
If they have a useer friendly delivery spout as you said they do, then that sounds right, their configuration and mounting is ideal for the sxs on the trail. But Smitty’s on to something for the garage to take care of riding mowers, welders and generators.

trigger

trigger

Old Ironsides
Vendor
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 13, 2016
Bay City, Michigan
www.quickshieldutv.com
Ownership

1. 500
If they have a useer friendly delivery spout as you said they do, then that sounds right, their configuration and mounting is ideal for the sxs on the trail. But Smitty’s on to something for the garage to take care of riding mowers, welders and generators.

Smitty's on something alright, lol. Buy a s***ty can at Wally World and add one of these to it. They have them on the shelf at TSC, all of my garage cans have them. ;)
EZ-Pour at Tractor Supply Co.

Montecresto

Montecresto

Montecresto el segundo
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jan 17, 2016
Eastern oklahoma
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500

3. 1000-3

4. 1000-5

5. Talon X4
Smitty's on something alright, lol. Buy a s***ty can at Wally World and add one of these to it. They have them on the shelf at TSC, all of my garage cans have them. ;)
EZ-Pour at Tractor Supply Co.
Hmm, that looks nice too. I think I pass one of those on my travels back and forth. Richard gave away a motorcycle gas can at one of our rides, raffle type deal or whatever, they seem very cool, easy to use (not on the ride but back at camp) but they do look expensive. I have bought old gas cans (including metal ones) at yard sales to get around the EPA spouts.

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!