Carrying hot or not - Poll

Is your chamber HOT or NOT

• Yes I'm comfortable with shooting someone in the face without racking my slide!

Votes: 56 88.9%
  • No I don't practice with my firearm and I rack my slide so I don't shoot my junk off.

Votes: 7 11.1%

• Total voters
elkaholic

elkaholic

Illegitimi non carborundum
Vendor
Lifetime Member
May 14, 2017
Ridgeway, SC
Ownership

1. Other Brand
I almost always carry a 1911. As far as I am concerned, there is only one way to carry one of these venerable weapons - cocked and locked: aka Condition 1.

If I am not carrying the 1911 type, I am carrying a snub nose 38 which also is ready to go

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

E

elkguide

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Mar 14, 2017
Vermont
Ownership

1. 1000-3
If you carry an unloaded firearm..... you would be better served to carry a baseball.

You can throw a ball more accurately than you can your weapon.

Plumber32

Plumber32

Go ride!
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jun 15, 2014
Wisconsin
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I usually carry a revolver , which one is dependent on where im at. 38 snub in Tennessee and Wisconsin. Ruger 44 mag for out by @CumminsPusher , and beretta px4 storm in 40 for Chicago.

CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Just a Honda doing Honda things.
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
Of course hot! One more round because 19 isn’t enough lol. One of the advantages of a safety on a pistol IMO. What use is a pistol if it’s not ready?

Last edited:
advertisement
GlockMeister

GlockMeister

The Bearded Wonder
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
May 11, 2016
Greenville, Mo
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Glock owners be like this is my safety memecrunch com 10320543

Deluxe700

Deluxe700

Lifetime Member
Jul 2, 2017
Central Arkansas
Ownership

1. 700-2
I use to carry with no round loaded...but I got to thinking..I carry for protection, and if I were to really need it for protection, I don't want to have to be thinking of anything but defending myself and family..and the bad guy I'm sure has one in the chamber.. So I carry now ready for action... I pray I will never need to use it in that situation..

elkaholic

elkaholic

Illegitimi non carborundum
Vendor
Lifetime Member
May 14, 2017
Ridgeway, SC
Ownership

1. Other Brand
I use to carry with no round loaded...but I got to thinking..I carry for protection, and if I were to really need it for protection, I don't want to have to be thinking of anything but defending myself and family..and the bad guy I'm sure has one in the chamber.. So I carry now ready for action... I pray I will never need to use it in that situation..

That is good thinking. Have had to defend myself on more than one occasion. Luckily have not had a need to pull the trigger on a human ... animal, yes ... human, no

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

J

JTW

Errrr, I dunno about you guys but all my guns were stolen some time back... now I at one time I kept everything.... EVRRYTHING chambered!! You never know if you’ll be upstairs, down stairs, in the garage, the truck or out at the range when the s*** hits the fan. I want to be able to get my hands on the best gun for the job... but sometimes if you’re driving, working around the house or just “safe” at home looking at the forum, bad things can happen. Have a plan and be ready to act on it!

swsebek

swsebek

Red,White And Blue Collar Soul
Lifetime Member
May 4, 2014
pa
Ownership

1. 700-4
I'm not comfortable wth one chambered.I have seen a gun wrestled-free from my Pap
once.And then the guy pointed it at my pap. My pap was 56 at the time.and he beat the hellout of this Guy so bad I felt bad.I don't think the guy would have shot him. But my pap said he never leaves one chambered......I don't teach my kids to chamber till ready either....I also think" now a days" that it is better for all that my weapon is out of sight.....I know I have it and that's all I need. When I rack the slide, then it's up to you how your day will end.....Shooting yourself in foot is hard on al of us gun owners. We have got to protect our rights as law abiding,heat packing Americans.
God bless America

R-Lamm

R-Lamm

Lifetime Member
Sep 27, 2017
South Carolina
Ownership

1. 500
I was once pulled over by a "senior" cop and a "rookie" cop riding together. Rookie cop went off the chain and started lecturing me about having one in my chamber and how that is too dangerous....now this went on and on...when he finished...he said now after hearing all of that, how do you feel about it. I simply looked down at his hip and said...I carry for the exact same reason as you do sir. The older cop started laughing out loud and told me "good answer...now go on and have a good day". If you carry, you HAVE to be prepared to take a life. You have to be educated and safe...especially with kids around. And PLEASE...educate your kids too!!! I pray I never have to pull my weapon...but I am also trained enough to when if it does ever happen...I will be prepared...for both the outcome and the consequences. And whether I am "legal" or not in the situation...I will gladly sit in prison the rest of my life knowing that I protected my family.

advertisement