BOX1

Carrying hot or not - Poll

Is your chamber HOT or NOT

• Yes I'm comfortable with shooting someone in the face without racking my slide!

Votes: 56 88.9%
  • No I don't practice with my firearm and I rack my slide so I don't shoot my junk off.

Votes: 7 11.1%

• Total voters
I

infernored1000

Jan 10, 2017
Missouri
Ownership

1. 1000-5
To each their own, if you feel comfortable with one in the chamber then that's your choice, if you feel comfortable without one that also tour choice. I carry one chambered at all times but understand some don't want that, either way excerices your right as you see fit.

joeymt33

joeymt33

i4WD=imitated 4WD
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Mar 17, 2015
Guntersville, AL
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
I'm not comfortable wth one chambered.I have seen a gun wrestled-free from my Pap
once.And then the guy pointed it at my pap. My pap was 56 at the time.and he beat the hellout of this Guy so bad I felt bad.I don't think the guy would have shot him. But my pap said he never leaves one chambered......I don't teach my kids to chamber till ready either....I also think" now a days" that it is better for all that my weapon is out of sight.....I know I have it and that's all I need. When I rack the slide, then it's up to you how your day will end.....Shooting yourself in foot is hard on al of us gun owners. We have got to protect our rights as law abiding,heat packing Americans.
God bless America

That’s a very solid point. I guess we need to get fingerprint identification for our firearms for those that want to carry one in the chamber. I am the one in the chamber kind a guy and several extra magazines but anything is possible and everyone seems to have valid points.

Reactions: JTW and sharp
Leatherneck

Leatherneck

Supporting Member
Dec 22, 2017
Arkansas
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I usually carry a revolver , which one is dependent on where im at. 38 snub in Tennessee and Wisconsin. Ruger 44 mag for out by @CumminsPusher , and beretta px4 storm in 40 for Chicago.

swsebek

swsebek

Red,White And Blue Collar Soul
Lifetime Member
May 4, 2014
pa
Ownership

1. 700-4
That’s a very solid point. I guess we need to get fingerprint identification for our firearms for those that want to carry one in the chamber. I am the one in the chamber kind a guy and several extra magazines but anything is possible and everyone seems to have valid points.
This thread at first drove me crazy........I just couldn't believe the poll and all the people carrying hot. The video made me rethink some things and I kept my mouth shut till I thought long on it.I think the reasons I don't is because my gun stays hidden and I tend to take trouble on fist first.I grew up beating my way through life boxing and fighting any trouble that came my way.
Now as I age and I have my family to protect now.Im feeling that in the future I may go to carrying hot for certain conditions.
Doc and others,thanks for helping me see things in the grey areas.

trigger

trigger

Old Ironsides
Vendor
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 13, 2016
Bay City, Michigan
www.quickshieldutv.com
Ownership

1. 500
Unchambered here and not ashamed of it. Much safer if it's ever out of your hands and he still put four in his chest in 4 sec! Assailant down...I guess chambered did make him deader though? ;)

Reactions: Tflynn
J

JTW

Wonder why police and military carry chambered weapons? To each there own, but you never know when the s*** will hit the fan. Sometimes a second is a second too late!

Ragnar406

Ragnar406

The Great Bald One
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 5, 2016
Bella Vista, AR
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Wonder why police and military carry chambered weapons? To each there own, but you never know when the s*** will hit the fan. Sometimes a second is a second too late!
I do believe the Israeli army carries without one in the chamber or at least carrying with out one in chamber is called Israeli carry also condition 3.

Just saying or poking

Whatever you carry and however you carry, you need to practice and get coaching and training.

Reactions: sharp and JTW
Smitty335

Smitty335

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 3, 2016
NWA Arkansas
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
357 Mag revolver here, no doubt. For my cc carry, HA!

J

JTW

I do believe the Israeli army carries without one in the chamber or at least carrying with out one in chamber is called Israeli carry also condition 3.

Just saying or poking

Whatever you carry and however you carry, you need to practice and get coaching and training.
How many times have you had a failure to feed when chambering a round?

Ragnar406

Ragnar406

The Great Bald One
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 5, 2016
Bella Vista, AR
Ownership

1. 1000-5
How many times have you had a failure to feed when chambering a round?
Me. When chambering a round on my pistol not often - I chamber check every round and I bet I have shot 50-60k rounds of 40 cal through one of mine. I don’t put a new gun into carry rotation until it has at least 1k rounds through it. When the gun is on me it has one in the chamber when it is not on me - there is not one in the chamber.
A person carrying without one in the chamber is still better off than a person not carrying or that has one in the car. I think a 380 is the worst carry round you can have .... next to nothing ... so sometimes I carry a 380.

J

JTW

Me. When chambering a round on my pistol not often - I chamber check every round and I bet I have shot 50-60k rounds of 40 cal through one of mine. I don’t put a new gun into carry rotation until it has at least 1k rounds through it. When the gun is on me it has one in the chamber when it is not on me - there is not one in the chamber.
A person carrying without one in the chamber is still better off than a person not carrying or that has one in the car. I think a 380 is the worst carry round you can have .... next to nothing ... so sometimes I carry a 380.
Lol.. you sound like me. But everything is chambered at all times.. I won’t say that it won’t change as the little one is now mobile and is still too young to understand. But I can’t count the number of times I’ve seen a new gun not feed correctly... you’re right! 500-1000 rounds should be put thru any carry weapon but most don’t do that. Most don’t shoot enough to be proficient, much less handle and navigate the stress of a situation that warrants deadly force. So carrying without one in the chamber really defeats the meaning. If you’re not comfortable with carrying a pistol chambered then I recommend a revolver. I think a nice air weight is the ideal gun for 80% of those carrying as it keeps it safe, simple and reliable. It’s what my wife and Mom both carry and for good reason.

trigger

trigger

Old Ironsides
Vendor
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 13, 2016
Bay City, Michigan
www.quickshieldutv.com
Ownership

1. 500
I'm proficient enough to snap the slide and have more in the target than most and the Kahr never fails to feed. They may get a shot off before me but they better hit the target because I'm not going to miss. Knew I'd be ridiculed for answering honestly, the poll itself talks sh** and makes assumptions. Carrying hot doesn't make your nuts bigger. :rolleyes:

BOX2
box3

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!