• Finance

Votes: 11 57.9%
  • Trade of 50% or better

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
HappyHonda

HappyHonda

May 12, 2015
Hey all! I'm just curious how most of you went about purchasing your Pioneer. Are most of you paying cash or financing?

Thanks!

wyo700

wyo700

Lifetime Member
Sep 26, 2013
Financed through honda. Got a great interest rate and term. The deal was meant to be.

bobbyhill

bobbyhill

Pay to Play and I'm broke all around!
Junior Moderator
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Apr 8, 2015
Smithfield, VA
Ownership

1. 700-4
well @HappyHonda that is one of those Questions that just really depends. I financed for one reason only. I was debt free and I didn't want my credit score to go down. other wise I would pay cash because you can get a better deal with cash.

S

Summit

Dec 5, 2014
I was lucky enough to be able to pay cash, and got a good deal.

HappyHonda

HappyHonda

May 12, 2015
yes @bobbyhill it definitely depends, I was more just curious to hear if a majority of people had gotten a significantly better deal paying cash instead of financing. Thanks for your input everyone!

500oneer

500oneer

15,000 mile club
Lifetime Member
Aug 30, 2014
Central PA
Ownership

1. 500
yes @bobbyhill it definitely depends, I was more just curious to hear if a majority of people had gotten a significantly better deal paying cash instead of financing. Thanks for your input everyone!
My Honda salesman told me they like to finance better because they make more money that way.

Code54

Code54

Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jan 31, 2015
Hurricane West Virginia
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. Talon X
When we bought we asked if we should pay cash or finance, our dealer stated it didn't matter at all to them, whatever we preferred as they didn't make anything extra and the price was the same. In the past I know when buying cars and such the dealers always wanted us to finance as they made more. Guess it is dealer dependent perhaps????

O

OutdoorEd

Apr 25, 2015
Put half down, financed half. The bottom line is the same; however, the finance officer earns their worth and Honda makes more. I plan on paying mine off early.

Reactions: HappyHonda
K

Kc045

Mar 14, 2015
I financed and got a great rate as I already had an account with Honda Finance. Price was same, either way and it leaves cash available for the always "just in case". Of course anytime you have an interest rate, you're gonna pay more in the long run, but Honda knows it doesn't have to offer 0% on the Pioneers. They're gonna sell them either way.

Code54

Code54

Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jan 31, 2015
Hurricane West Virginia
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. Talon X
"but Honda knows it doesn't have to offer 0% on the Pioneers. They're gonna sell them either way."
You got that right!!

swsebek

swsebek

Red,White And Blue Collar Soul
Lifetime Member
May 4, 2014
pa
Ownership

1. 700-4
Half cash,and finance half

Reactions: HappyHonda

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!