BOX1

Cat Removal?

M

MDFMac

Aug 23, 2020
upstate ny
Ownership

1. Talon X
has anyone opened up there exhaust to remove the cat yet? im thinking of doing this just for the fun of it. if i mess it up ill just buy a good exhaust. ill make a vid for it when i do. and i have been just waiting for a reason to use my new tig ... lol

GreenTX1000R

GreenTX1000R

May 10, 2020
Texas
Ownership

1. Talon R
Good idea please post video of how it sounds.

CID

CID

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 27, 2019
SE Denver-ish
Ownership

1. Talon R
has anyone opened up there exhaust to remove the cat yet? im thinking of doing this just for the fun of it. if i mess it up ill just buy a good exhaust. ill make a vid for it when i do. and i have been just waiting for a reason to use my new tig ... lol
Someone did a nice photo essay on removing the cat from his exhaust, including the important measurements but it wasn't on a Talon. My TIG is getting dusty and I'm getting rusty so I'll be looking forward to seeing what you find in there. 🤔

Brett002

Brett002

Feb 28, 2017
Bangladesh
Ownership

1. 500

2. Talon R
I have removed the cat and added a flowmaster to my pioneer. Just need a new nut welded for the O2 bung. Sounds surprisingly good. Also added a few seat of the pants ponies. @MDFMac

Reactions: CID and Farmer
M

MDFMac

Aug 23, 2020
upstate ny
Ownership

1. Talon X
i plan on doing it this week. had to clean up my shop some.. been a long summer of riding and no time to clean up from the carnage.... lol but ill make a vid when i do it.

Reactions: Mudwing and CID
M

MDFMac

Aug 23, 2020
upstate ny
Ownership

1. Talon X
so i removed the muffler and cut it open. i went a bit ferther than needed. the end of the muffler is all you have to do but you need to do it with a ban saw or something like that to reach into the middle. the cat is only in a pipe that is welded to the end of the exhaust pipe from the engine. its in a pipe that is 3 1/4 inch OD. i welded it back together and ran it. no noticeable change as of yet. but i have not drove it much. but from what i seen inside i don't think it will make much difference. i made a video of it... be gentle.. im still learning how to do vids. i did not have enough light to get good pics of the inside of the muffler but your not missing much.

BOX2
box3

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!