D

Dasmoeturhead

20160409 101926

Installed this today.

tradhunter

tradhunter

Feb 24, 2016
wyo
Where did you mount the non ground plane antenna?

D

Dasmoeturhead

Where did you mount the non ground plane antenna?
I made a mount, and mounted a Firestone antenna,and then ran a separate ground wire from the mount to the roll cage. It's a good ground and the SWR is between 1.1.1-2.0. Its receiving well, however I haven't had any luck making a contact yet. That doesn't surprise me though considering I was up in the almost vertical mountains, and there's nobody around. The skip has been non existent here lately.

D

Dasmoeturhead

I made a mount, and mounted a Firestone antenna,and then ran a separate ground wire from the mount to the roll cage. It's a good ground and the SWR is between 1.1.1-2.0. Its receiving well, however I haven't had any luck making a contact yet. That doesn't surprise me though considering I was up in the almost vertical mountains, and there's nobody around. The skip has been non existent here lately.
Firestick antenna. Dang phone.

D

Dasmoeturhead

I didn't like the dash mounted radio. If it got wet, it would've been hard to temove. I also put a Led volt gauge in the dash and a switch to shut it off. Probably wouldn't drain the battery, but what the heck
20160425 144755

H

HondaTech2018

Feb 12, 2018
Little Falls
Ownership

1. Other Brand
Ok guys I need some help. Have customer that installed a CB and is complaining about noise in his CB coming from power steering unit.
Forgive me as I am not very knowledgeable when comes to CB

ohanacreek

ohanacreek

My EcoBoost has I4WD
Lifetime Member
Jul 25, 2013
Shelby County, Alabama
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Ok guys I need some help. Have customer that installed a CB and is complaining about noise in his CB coming from power steering unit.
Forgive me as I am not very knowledgeable when comes to CB

Need a powerlinenoise filter, had to put one on power feed and a inline filter on I nput to WetSounds and HAM on mine to rid it of Chinese LED noise.

Reactions: Dasmoeturhead
D

Dasmoeturhead

Better radios are hardened better against RF. Grounding the radio case may help. Running the 12vdc straight to the battery eliminates noise from wiring harnesses and components accoiated with the harness. Get the best RG8 coax cable with the highest amount of shielding. Throw on some snap on ferrite beads on the radios power cord. Might be a good idea to put 2 ferrite beads near the antenna to keep RF from travelling from the antenna to the Pioneers electronics as sensitive as they seem to be.
Just my 2 pennies worth!

advertisement

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!