ehart814

Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Mar 28, 2016
NWPA
Ownership

1. 500

2. 1000-5
A friend of mine bought a CF Moto 800 CC side by side earlier this summer. It's what I would call a mid size machine. Seemed like a heck of a deal. Comes with roof, windshield, winch, all installed along with some other niceties. Alloy wheels, power steering, decent tires...

He also got a snow plow in the deal, and it cost him about $13500.

Fast forward a couple months.

Two times he has come to the garage and found all the engine oil on the floor, dealer doesn't seem to care to fix it.
It is INCREDIBLY hot in the seat when riding (like really bad)
Clutch is noisy and just feels weird.
For whatever reason, it does not climb well

Sunday we went for a ride. His dash went dark, power steering stopped working, and 4wd wouldn't work. I found a single 10 amp fuse blown. Changed it and rode for a few mins. Then, a light came on the dash - a "check engine" light I assume.

He took it back home and it will be going back to the dealer again. He's ready to light the thing on fire...

DG Rider

DG Rider

Member: Triple Clutch Club
Lifetime Member
Aug 14, 2013
Casa Grande, AZ
Ownership

1. 700-2
A friend of mine bought a CF Moto 800 CC side by side earlier this summer. It's what I would call a mid size machine. Seemed like a heck of a deal. Comes with roof, windshield, winch, all installed along with some other niceties. Alloy wheels, power steering, decent tires...

Two times he has come to the garage and found all the engine oil on the floor, dealer doesn't seem to care to fix it.

Sunday we went for a ride. His dash went dark, power steering stopped working, and 4wd wouldn't work. I found a single 10 amp fuse blown. Changed it and rode for a few mins. Then, a light came on the dash - a "check engine" light I assume.

He took it back home and it will be going back to the dealer again. He's ready to light the thing on fire...
Sounds like a lot for not much "cheddar". (Thinly veiled Dirt Trax reference)

ehart814

ehart814

Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Mar 28, 2016
NWPA
Ownership

1. 500

2. 1000-5
It was a nice looking machine. Plenty of power and it will go about 70 down the road. A little noisy but not too bad. The dash looked kinda corny. If it would hold together I think it would have been a great deal. I just can’t believe that his dealer isn’t bending over backward for him. They have only been selling these for like a year and if you don’t stand behind it you’re going to get a lot of bad word of mouth. My friend is obviously bad mouthing the dealer every chance he gets. I feel bad for him

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Russ989

Russ989

Land of the free because of the Brave! 🇺🇸
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Dec 18, 2017
Missouri
Ownership

1. 1000-5

That sucks, I’ve seen a few around here but don’t know the guys that have them. This is Polaris and Kawasaki here.

ehart814

ehart814

Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Mar 28, 2016
NWPA
Ownership

1. 500

2. 1000-5
That sucks, I’ve seen a few around here but don’t know the guys that have them. This is Polaris and Kawasaki here.

a local Mahindra dealer started selling the CF Moto machines about a year ago. My friend's is the first one I have seen that someone bought. Another guy I know bought an Odes from a farm store. I've heard its a noisy, cheap, POS too. He hasn't broken it yet though. We have a pretty good variety of machines. A few Polaris, a Yamaha, my Pioneer, a Canned ham or two... A friend of mine got a General this year. His first machine. He already has 1300 miles on it (mostly road, like me). He has over $22000 in it. LOL I hope it holds up for him, so far so good. I think he resents me and my machine since I paid like $8000 less for my Pioneer. Might be heading down to Tennessee again to get another Pioneer. My cousin is going to buy one now and I told him I'd ride along

Russ989

Russ989

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Dec 18, 2017
Missouri
Ownership

1. 1000-5
a local Mahindra dealer started selling the CF Moto machines about a year ago. My friend's is the first one I have seen that someone bought. Another guy I know bought an Odes from a farm store. I've heard its a noisy, cheap, POS too. He hasn't broken it yet though. We have a pretty good variety of machines. A few Polaris, a Yamaha, my Pioneer, a Canned ham or two... A friend of mine got a General this year. His first machine. He already has 1300 miles on it (mostly road, like me). He has over $22000 in it. LOL I hope it holds up for him, so far so good. I think he resents me and my machine since I paid like $8000 less for my Pioneer. Might be heading down to Tennessee again to get another Pioneer. My cousin is going to buy one now and I told him I'd ride along
I see a ton of Ranger and Teryx sxs’s here. A few Honda’s too.

Russ989

Russ989

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Dec 18, 2017
Missouri
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I see a ton of Ranger and Teryx sxs’s here. A few Honda’s too.

Reactions: Isaiah
jwfirebird

jwfirebird

Sep 23, 2018
western ny
Ownership

1. 700-2
its really sad for people who dont do there reasearch, but the lesser brand stuff is the same price as the reliable ones like pioneer 700/base terex or wolverine that are going to last and be able to get parts if it breaks. but its peoples own fault if they dont do the research

ehart814

ehart814

Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Mar 28, 2016
NWPA
Ownership

1. 500

2. 1000-5
its really sad for people who dont do there reasearch, but the lesser brand stuff is the same price as the reliable ones like pioneer 700/base terex or wolverine that are going to last and be able to get parts if it breaks. but its peoples own fault if they dont do the research

There is a dealer near me that has new Yamaha Wolverine's with EPS for $8999. Even if they tack on $1000 in fees, that's a pretty good deal. They are good machines if you can stand having a belt

jwfirebird

jwfirebird

Sep 23, 2018
western ny
Ownership

1. 700-2
unlike polaris,can am and off brands, you never have to mess with the belt or clutches on a yamaha, and once in a great while(3 or 4 years on something used very frequently) replace a belt and clean the belt dust on the clutches on kawi

jwfirebird

jwfirebird

Sep 23, 2018
western ny
Ownership

1. 700-2
on my rhino that was beaten all the time the belt lasted like 8 or ten years, i only replaced it because it started to look like an old tire from age, still worked fine. probably had 4 or 5k pulling brush mowers and hauling wood all the time.

that is a real good deal, the eps one here was like 12 plus fees when was looking, and i would have bought that if you could get in and out of it easier still kind of kicking myself for not buying it.

there are down sides to every transmission, the honda you have to make sure you change the oil all the time to make sure it doesnt wear anything out after from the trans shearing, doing mine twice a year, the belt engagement when done properly like yamaha is alot easier to spin big tires in the mud too, which is a ton of my riding

Reactions: Mudwing
ehart814

ehart814

Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Mar 28, 2016
NWPA
Ownership

1. 500

2. 1000-5
on my rhino that was beaten all the time the belt lasted like 8 or ten years, i only replaced it because it started to look like an old tire from age, still worked fine. probably had 4 or 5k pulling brush mowers and hauling wood all the time.

that is a real good deal, the eps one here was like 12 plus fees when was looking, and i would have bought that if you could get in and out of it easier still kind of kicking myself for not buying it.

there are down sides to every transmission, the honda you have to make sure you change the oil all the time to make sure it doesnt wear anything out after from the trans shearing, doing mine twice a year, the belt engagement when done properly like yamaha is alot easier to spin big tires in the mud too, which is a ton of my riding

They do make a good machine. I just rebuilt a top end in a 2016 Wolverine 700. Nice, simple engine. Nothing fancy. 4300 miles of no maintenance other than oil changes. He never saw the air filter until we had it apart. He road rides a lot but gets into the mud. They had overheated it many times. Radiator was all plugged up and his girlfriend went for a ride and ran her till she wouldn’t run anymore. Not a drop of coolant was in that engine when we took it apart. Ring stuck, wouldn’t run without dumping oil in the spark plug hole. Melted the temp sensor, neutral sensor, and speed sensor. I was impressed it lasted as long as it did under those conditions.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Just a Honda doing Honda things.
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
They do make a good machine. I just rebuilt a top end in a 2016 Wolverine 700. Nice, simple engine. Nothing fancy. 4300 miles of no maintenance other than oil changes. He never saw the air filter until we had it apart. He road rides a lot but gets into the mud. They had overheated it many times. Radiator was all plugged up and his girlfriend went for a ride and ran her till she wouldn’t run anymore. Not a drop of coolant was in that engine when we took it apart. Ring stuck, wouldn’t run without dumping oil in the spark plug hole. Melted the temp sensor, neutral sensor, and speed sensor. I was impressed it lasted as long as it did under those conditions.

Sounds just like ours lol. Beat the snot out of it it’s whole life 3500 and still ticking. Not too worried when we do kill it. Super cheap and easy for rebuild

Reactions: ehart814
ehart814

ehart814

Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Mar 28, 2016
NWPA
Ownership

1. 500

2. 1000-5
Sounds just like ours lol. Beat the snot out of it it’s whole life 3500 and still ticking. Not too worried when we do kill it. Super cheap and easy for rebuild

Not cheap if you ruin the head. New head, new valves, new piston, rings, three sensors, gaskets, etc. he had $1800 in parts. And my labor cost him many many Busch Lights.

DG Rider

DG Rider

Member: Triple Clutch Club
Lifetime Member
Aug 14, 2013
Casa Grande, AZ
Ownership

1. 700-2
What sucks is when tv shows like the one I mentioned earlier suck CF cock for money, and heap nothing but praise. You and I know to take that with a grain of salt, but a newbie might be far too trusting.

Reactions: jwfirebird
Bad_bowtie

Bad_bowtie

Huge member
Lifetime Member
Jun 29, 2016
East Tennessee
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X4
At last years Takeover during the 500 group ride, we came across a young couple with a toddler broken down with a brand new CF Moto. @JACKAL hooked up to him and towed him back to a church parking lot. That must've really sucked for them!
IMG 4524

Sheetmetalfab

Sheetmetalfab

Liberal kryptonite. truth and logic….
Lifetime Member
Jul 21, 2019
Alaska
Ownership

1. Do not currently own

2. Talon X4
CF moto = disposable.

Just like any Chinese motorized toy.

Reactions: Mudwing and JACKAL

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!