Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
CF moto = disposable.

Just like any Chinese motorized toy.
For the most part I totally agree. We have had a crf50 copy and a little 50cc quad (Honda 50 design engine) and they were pretty good. That little quad my daughter started on at 18 months, that was almost 12yrs ago and it’s still going in our group. I can’t imagine how many kids have rode that or the miles.

BigOL3

BigOL3

Lifetime Member
Oct 27, 2017
Deep in the heart of Dixie, Kentwood, La.
Ownership

1. 1000-5
A friend of mine bought a CF Moto 800 CC side by side earlier this summer. It's what I would call a mid size machine. Seemed like a heck of a deal. Comes with roof, windshield, winch, all installed along with some other niceties. Alloy wheels, power steering, decent tires...

He also got a snow plow in the deal, and it cost him about $13500.

Fast forward a couple months.

Two times he has come to the garage and found all the engine oil on the floor, dealer doesn't seem to care to fix it.
It is INCREDIBLY hot in the seat when riding (like really bad)
Clutch is noisy and just feels weird.
For whatever reason, it does not climb well

Sunday we went for a ride. His dash went dark, power steering stopped working, and 4wd wouldn't work. I found a single 10 amp fuse blown. Changed it and rode for a few mins. Then, a light came on the dash - a "check engine" light I assume.

He took it back home and it will be going back to the dealer again. He's ready to light the thing on fire...
What is a CF? Some Chinese junk?

ehart814

ehart814

Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Mar 28, 2016
NWPA
Ownership

1. 500

2. 1000-5
What is a CF? Some Chinese junk?

Korean I believe. Similar to Kymco. Supposedly CF Moto has been making motors and other components for the larger, better known companies but I don't know of any specific examples.

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!