Windrock1000

Windrock1000

Move out of the way! I'm lost?
Lifetime Member
Jun 26, 2016
Windrock, Tennessee
Ownership

1. 1000-5
@Windrock1000 have you rode trail 39? Watched some Rzrs on it and they had hell with it and winched non stop. Looks pretty dang tough.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Years ago on an ATV. It is Notorious for carnage. The night we camped at Windrock on the overland trip. 3-4 razors broke a bucket full of axles and got to spend the night

Reactions: Tramguage1 and JTW
elkaholic

elkaholic

Illegitimi non carborundum
Vendor
Lifetime Member
May 14, 2017
Ridgeway, SC
Ownership

1. Other Brand
I would be interested in seeing Tackett

As would I. I believe I may have ridden there in a Jeep in 1999 but am uncertain. Going back is the only way to know for sho!

Last edited:
JACKAL

JACKAL

Ancient Honda fanboi
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jun 11, 2015
Pioneer, TN
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5
Do we have any experts on Tackett Creek area? id like to ride some of that, havent ever been.

I got the GPS info on Tackett Creek now with all the trails. / Crashed Airplane parts / huge overlooks / stone arches / sand cave with 2 dozen colors of sand and 200 ft waterfall. I can play navigator / guide have all the trails on satellite tracks.

TWRA on ORUXMAPS

elkaholic

elkaholic

Illegitimi non carborundum
Vendor
Lifetime Member
May 14, 2017
Ridgeway, SC
Ownership

1. Other Brand
Are you using the Google Earth file from Dan? Kinda looks like it

LandPioneer

LandPioneer

Lifetime Member
Aug 22, 2016
Lebanon TN
Ownership

1. 700-4
I got the skinny on Tackett Creek now with all the trails. / Crashed Airplane parts / huge overlooks / stone arches / sand cave with 2 dozen colors of sand and 200 ft waterfall.

I just got this working, didn't have access to it until 48 hrs ago.

I can play navigator / guide have all the trails on satellite tracks now working on my 10" tablet using Oruxmaps.
View attachment 62396

The light gray line across the middle is TN / KY state line RRB is 20 miles inside TN for reference, the NE most corner of RRB is the shaded part in the bottom left of screenshot.
View attachment 62395
@JACKAL can you send me that map? I use Orux as well.

LandPioneer

LandPioneer

Lifetime Member
Aug 22, 2016
Lebanon TN
Ownership

1. 700-4
more important question is how did the RZR's do :)

but in all seriousness those pictures look awesome. id love to go check that out. @LandPioneer go buy some extra parts so we can go
You know I'm game. Even got me some some new spacers to see if I could stable out the ole Goat!

Reactions: BeerMonkey
JACKAL

JACKAL

Ancient Honda fanboi
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jun 11, 2015
Pioneer, TN
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5
Got ya. Did you buy it or find it online?
Neither, not something I will go into explaining publicly. Not prepared for 300 follow up question and answers on how to change file formats and installing conversion tools, then how to use the tools. You see me in person with your Android device we can get it going.

Reactions: JTW
JACKAL

JACKAL

Ancient Honda fanboi
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jun 11, 2015
Pioneer, TN
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5
Years ago on an ATV. It is Notorious for carnage. The night we camped at Windrock on the overland trip. 3-4 razors broke a bucket full of axles and got to spend the night
Did they just let @JTW go from RZR to RZR saying there is midgets at the top if you can make it?

LandPioneer

LandPioneer

Lifetime Member
Aug 22, 2016
Lebanon TN
Ownership

1. 700-4
Neither, not something I will explain publicly. Not prepared for 300 follow up question and answers on how to change file formats. You see me in person with your Android device we can get it going.
Ok trust me I understand. I work in IT, explaining this stuff to non-technical people can be a nightmare. No offense to you non-technical people ;)

JACKAL

JACKAL

Ancient Honda fanboi
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jun 11, 2015
Pioneer, TN
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5
Ok trust me I understand. I work in IT, explaining this stuff to non-technical people can be a nightmare. No offense to you non-technical people ;)
I was the guy the people Govt. agency I worked for would come to when the IT guys could not get the job done the way they wanted, my ethics didn't bind me into not completing the task in the most efficient manner. Did a little white hat stuff a ton of Black hat stuff gave up on MCSE certifications by the Time Windows 2000 came out went into side business fixing peoples computers that supposedly got fixed by someone else. Of all the crap I did I became infamous using Excel at work putting 4 statisticians out of a job who always ran 3 months behind with a killer spreadsheet and database that was only 24 hours behind. Best part I wasn't even in the IT department by a long shot, you didn't see me I was never here. LOL

J

JTW

I was the guy the people Govt. agency I worked for would come to when the IT guys could not get the job done the way they wanted, my ethics didn't bind me into not completing the task in the most efficient manner. Did a little white hat stuff a ton of Black hat stuff gave up on MCSE certifications by the Time Windows 2000 came out went into side business fixing peoples computers that supposedly got fixed by someone else. Of all the crap I did I became infamous using Excel at work putting 4 statisticians out of a job who always ran 3 months behind with a killer spreadsheet and database that was only 24 hours behind. Best part I wasn't even in the IT department by a long shot, you didn't see me I was never here. LOL
I’ve been known to wear a camo hat or two..

LandPioneer

LandPioneer

Lifetime Member
Aug 22, 2016
Lebanon TN
Ownership

1. 700-4
I was the guy the people Govt. agency I worked for would come to when the IT guys could not get the job done the way they wanted, my ethics didn't bind me into not completing the task in the most efficient manner. Did a little white hat stuff a ton of Black hat stuff gave up on MCSE certifications by the Time Windows 2000 came out went into side business fixing peoples computers that supposedly got fixed by someone else. Of all the crap I did I became infamous using Excel at work putting 4 statisticians out of a job who always ran 3 months behind with a killer spreadsheet and database that was only 24 hours behind. LOL
Nice... I started back in the Windows 2000 era. I cut my teeth on the Windows 2000 server OS. I worked as an IT Consultant for about 8yrs before getting my current job (been here 7yrs). I now support a few hundred users and about 15 servers. I love the field, just not always everything that comes along with the IT Director title Lol.

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!