ohanacreek

ohanacreek

My EcoBoost has I4WD
Lifetime Member
Jul 25, 2013
Shelby County, Alabama
Ownership

1. 1000-5
i thought i saw some talk that people would be interested in more challenging/technical trails for one of the rides during the takeover. Anyone have any information on where or what trails etc?

If anyone has a route ( @Windrock1000 @JACKAL ) I will be glad to lead a ride.

Reactions: Windrock1000
LandPioneer

LandPioneer

Lifetime Member
Aug 22, 2016
Lebanon TN
Ownership

1. 700-4
i thought i saw some talk that people would be interested in more challenging/technical trails for one of the rides during the takeover. Anyone have any information on where or what trails etc?
I had fun on that really steep hill we went up last time at RRB. You know the one where you have to turn your wheels toward a big drop off to get around that tree :oops: We've rode over on the PCB side multiple times, not sure how we never saw that part until this past time Lol.

Reactions: Plumber32
joeymt33

joeymt33

i4WD=imitated 4WD
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Mar 17, 2015
Guntersville, AL
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
Oh yeah, we will find some with a little challenge.

Try the creek ride with the hill climb up the mo rain afterward. It claimed an a-arm and skid plates last time.

Or for a good challenge try going UP widow maker.

Plumber32

Plumber32

Go ride!
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jun 15, 2014
Wisconsin
Ownership

1. 1000-5

Try the creek ride with the hill climb up the mo rain afterward. It claimed an a-arm and skid plates last time.

Im all for up it! Maybe go down and up that trail? Saturday might be a good day for doing the tough stuff incase someone really screws up a machine they dont ruin the whole weekend.

Ragnar406

Ragnar406

The Great Bald One
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 5, 2016
Bella Vista, AR
Ownership

1. 1000-5

I kind of want to ride Dragons Back and Widow maker again ..... in the daylight this time

JACKAL

JACKAL

Ancient Honda fanboi
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jun 11, 2015
Pioneer, TN
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5
How many batteries and feet of winch line do you have? ;) Just follow these next 30 or so posts discussing Devils Elbow........
RRB to WINDROCK Overland Adventure 2017! - Public Thread.

IMG950880

Last edited:
Ragnar406

Ragnar406

The Great Bald One
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 5, 2016
Bella Vista, AR
Ownership

1. 1000-5
elkaholic

elkaholic

Illegitimi non carborundum
Vendor
Lifetime Member
May 14, 2017
Ridgeway, SC
Ownership

1. Other Brand
I have gone up that once ...

On a Canned Ham 800 cc ATV

In February 2006 right after Coal Creek opened that trail segment (really opened for a core drilling rig) .....

Those ledges were only about 6” tall at that time and all Coal Creek had done was run a dozer down hill once and it was not packed down or stabilized yet. It must have been open less than a week as I laid down first tracks. Did I mention it was wet and muddy? Barely made it up and I was letting the horses eat.

I’ll pull cable to go up that or go an alternate route to get to the same point now. It won’t hurt my feelings to miss a couple hundred feet of trail. Photos do not capture how ugly that section is (and maybe my mind is stuck on getting a Jeep sized vehicle up that) ....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Smitty335

Smitty335

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 3, 2016
NWA Arkansas
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5

In February 2006 right after Coal Creek opened that trail segment (really opened for a core drilling rig) .....

Those ledges were only about 6” y’all at that time and all Coal Creek had done was run a dozer down hill once and it was not packed down or stabilized yet. It must have been open less than a week as I laid down first tracks. Did I mention it was wet and muddy? Barely made it up and I was letting the horses eat.

I’ll pull cable to go up that or go an alternate route to get to the same point now. It won’t hurt my feelings to miss a couple hundred feet of trail. Photos do not capture how ugly that section is (and maybe my mind is stuck on getting a Jeep sized vehicle up that) ....

I been riding White Rock since the late 70's, trails have deteriorated badly, off road use has really caught on. I keep reminding myself to tread lightly when I can.

J

JTW

Those ledges were only about 6” y’all at that time and all Coal Creek had done was run a dozer down hill once and it was not packed down or stabilized yet. It must have been open less than a week as I laid down first tracks. Did I mention it was wet and muddy? Barely made it up and I was letting the horses eat.

You won’t get up it if it’s the same as it was when we were there.. maaaaybe if you did a lot of winching and didn’t care to tear up some s***. It was just too far gone.

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!