RRB to WINDROCK Overland Adventure 2017! - Public Thread.

ohanacreek

ohanacreek

My EcoBoost has I4WD
Lifetime Member
Jul 25, 2013
Shelby County, Alabama
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Hopefully some vids will show up soon.

View attachment 54808

Got in bed at 1am, awake at 4:30 and was on customer site at 6am, long day today. Took a nap in the dentists chair this afternoon.

I'll post some vids in next few days I have 200gigs of video to sort through.

I have the rigs untied but haven't moved them yet.

lee

lee

Village Idiot
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Apr 4, 2013
Springfield Ohio
Ownership

1. 500
It's pointless.. I don't give a damn what anybody says. You're not making it up without tearing s*** up and winching!

I keep thinking about it.
Somebodies got to try it or we don't know for a fact that it is impossible.
That is how the scientific method works (none of this mind experiment crap).

Of course now @JACKAL and @Windrock1000 are thinking my invite for next year just got 'lost' in the mail.

JACKAL

JACKAL

Ancient Honda fanboi
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jun 11, 2015
Pioneer, TN
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

Of course now @JACKAL and @Windrock1000 are thinking my invite for next year just got 'lost' in the mail.

I don't have to stick a flaming torch in my mouth, to see how it taste. It will taste hot! No science needed, just common sense.

Devils Elbow, if 3 built rock bouncers can't climb it with 24" longer wheelbase a P1K doesn't stand a chance. Common sense not science tells me that.

Now get Honda to bring me down 6 of thier machines, I will attempt it until I succeed or there is nothing left but 11000 pounds of scrap metal and plastic. Now that is science. :D

JACKAL

JACKAL

Ancient Honda fanboi
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jun 11, 2015
Pioneer, TN
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5
Now get Honda to bring me down 6 of thier machines, I will attempt it until I succeed or there is nothing left but 11000 pounds of scrap metal and plastic. Now that is science. :D

Better yet, let me keep the ones I don't tear up, I will make up with the first one.

That would be a scientific experiment in motivation.

J

JTW

Hey... I learned my lesson on that scientific method crap when I stuck my pecker in that electric pencil sharpener! Yup.. it sharpens all kinds of wood!

J

JTW

However, with that said I fully support and will watch the epic s*** show that shall come! I do suggest we set up camp FIRST!

Eltobgi

Eltobgi

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Mar 21, 2016
North Dakota
Ownership

1. 500

2. 1000-5
I don't have to stick a flaming torch in my mouth, to see how it taste. It will taste hot! No science needed, just common sense.

Devils Elbow, if 3 built rock bouncers can't climb it with 24" longer wheelbase a P1K doesn't stand a chance. Common sense not science tells me that.

For an impossible task, this rig makes it without to much troubleo_O I'm just going to say for the record it is ok to be afraid:eek: No one will think any less of you if you admit it:eek: Sometimes the flaming torch is in reality simply a shish kebab, simply blow out those flames of fear and enjoy;)

JACKAL

JACKAL

Ancient Honda fanboi
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jun 11, 2015
Pioneer, TN
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5
For an impossible task, this rig makes it without to much troubleo_O I'm just going to say for the record it is ok to be afraid:eek: No one will think any less of you if you admit it:eek: Sometimes the flaming torch is in reality simply a shish kebab, simply blow out those flames of fear and enjoy;)

Well @Windrock1000 and I will be more than happy to lead you to the well of temptation and you can show us how it's done. I would applaud you for your success, should you succeed without a winch.

However a machine with 10" longer wheelbase, 400 lbs less base weight, and notably lower center of gravity is comparing Apple's to oranges.

ohanacreek

ohanacreek

My EcoBoost has I4WD
Lifetime Member
Jul 25, 2013
Shelby County, Alabama
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Well @Windrock1000 and I will be more than happy to lead you to the well of temptation and you can show us how it's done. I would applaud you for your success, should you succeed without a winch.

However a machine with 10" longer wheelbase, 400 lbs less base weight, and notably lower center of gravity is comparing Apple's to oranges.

There's also 3-4 FEET more dirt in some places leveling the terrain out.

JACKAL

JACKAL

Ancient Honda fanboi
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jun 11, 2015
Pioneer, TN
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5
There's also 3-4 FEET more dirt in some places leveling the terrain out.

No no no, don't discourage our would be warrior, 5 months and 20" of rain surely couldn't change a trail that much.

It's on video, so has to be true, just like the video where you can watch a truck transform into a 60' robot. I mean that's real right ?

ohanacreek

ohanacreek

My EcoBoost has I4WD
Lifetime Member
Jul 25, 2013
Shelby County, Alabama
Ownership

1. 1000-5
No no no, don't discourage our would be warrior, 5 months and 20" of rain surely couldn't change a trail that much.

It's on video, so has to be true, just like the video where you can watch a truck transform into a 60' robot. I mean that's real right ?

Oh .... Right.... I meant 3-4 INCHES

I'm all up for it, if a Pioneer makes it up loaded for a 3 day camping trip and trail repairs. I'll video and post that to YouTube all day long.

JACKAL

JACKAL

Ancient Honda fanboi
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jun 11, 2015
Pioneer, TN
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5
Oh .... Right.... I meant 3-4 INCHES

I'm all up for it, if a Pioneer makes it up loaded for a 3 day camping trip and trail repairs. I'll video and post that to YouTube all day long.

I can invision it now, a scene unfold just like this, with the same characters, crowd, and result . :D

CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Just a Honda doing Honda things.
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
I still think if can get around that first hell Mary rock and have a decent line afterwards it may be doable. I don't see too much hazard in trying that section and if it can be done the dangerous part may possible. I'd say no weight up top leave roof panel off with good tires no chop lift or sway bar and good throttle. Igr best

Plumber32

Plumber32

Go ride!
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jun 15, 2014
Wisconsin
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I still think if can get around that first hell Mary rock and have a decent line afterwards it may be doable. I don't see too much hazard in trying that section and if it can be done the dangerous part may possible. I'd say no weight up top leave roof panel off with good tires no chop lift or sway bar and good throttle. Igr best
Well we got 7 months to prepare. Get on it buddy!

CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
Well we got 7 months to prepare. Get on it buddy!
Guys after my issues I've had my eyes open to other brands as you all know. Well f*** Honda warranty I'm going to build a p1k5 that doesn't need it. After this weekend I know where my heart is and I'm going to follow that. Things will change and I'm coming to RRB as a fellow Honda owner and it'll be set the hell up and I want up the Elbow. Anyone want to follow get good insurance both machine and health and let's do this:)

Eltobgi

Eltobgi

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Mar 21, 2016
North Dakota
Ownership

1. 500

2. 1000-5
Guys after my issues I've had my eyes open to other brands as you all know. Well f*** Honda warranty I'm going to build a p1k5 that doesn't need it. After this weekend I know where my heart is and I'm going to follow that. Things will change and I'm coming to RRB as a fellow Honda owner and it'll be set the hell up and I want up the Elbow. Anyone want to follow get good insurance both machine and health and let's do this:)
I'm in! With the right precautions taken this is doable and relatively safe! :):cool:

CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
I'm in! With the right precautions taken this is doable and relatively safe! :):cool:
I think you're right and more people equates to possibly better safety. Once one is up things get easy

Reactions: sharp and Eltobgi

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!