RRB to WINDROCK Overland Adventure 2017! - Public Thread.

Cuoutdoors

Cuoutdoors

Executive Member
Lifetime Member
Sep 12, 2016
Central Iowa
Ownership

1. 1000-3
I want to say a big THANK YOU to all the folks that got this trip together. @JACKAL @Windrock1000 @joeymt33 and any others. Thanks to @ohanacreek for pics. @JTW thanks for letting us crash at your place twice! That was a huge help. I know he likes to wind people up but he's as good as they come. @Tigermark and son @Ragnar406 @moparornocar @sugarray @Plumber32 @joeymt33 @Koda @Kilo427 @lee @CumminsPusher @Tramguage1 and all those previously listed(or any i missed) thanks for a great time. What an awesome group of guys to ride with. @knuckledeep is prepared for anything, @Kilo427 can heal you, @Tramguage1 and @Ragnar406 will fix it and @CumminsPusher will help you find new methods of testing..... After a 1600 mile round trip I can say it was well worth it. We had our struggles but It was a great group to hang out with. These are some of the most genuine and helpful people you'll ever meet. I hope to make it back down for the takeover in April. I'll have to set aside more time for sure.

I'll say I was a little worried about widow maker and probably would have avoided it, but I didn't know we were all going down it until it was too late lol. After going up dragons back and down Widow Maker on a fully stock machine (except tires) I'll say i'm very impressed with this machine. Even more so than I already was. Yes, I even had the stock skids on there o_O. I ran out of time to get something better.

After a conversation ragnar and I had with some Polaris guys at camp I wanted to say one last thing. I believe @JACKAL was alluding to this as well. Machines are all designed for a purpose. Is a Stock Honda Pioneer 1000 the BEST machine for rock crawling, Hill climbing, Hauling a$$ on trails, or other extreme riding....doubtful....especially if doing it every day. Something a lot more custom would be a better fit. BUT, This machine CAN, WILL, and HAS accomplished all these things at different times. It's important to keep in mind what we ask of our machine and what it was truly designed for. When $h!T breaks it may very well be the man behind the wheel. While in TURF MODE I made it through and up trails I never thought I'd make. (500lbs in the back didn't hurt). I was very impressed!! Now I am no expert driver, I can't drive like Travis Pastrana, BJ Baldwin, or Robby Gordon. I'm just an average Joe from Iowa.

A pioneer can, will, and has done amazing things. I'm proud to own one and I am very grateful to have met all of you fellow owners.

Be Well
David

JACKAL

JACKAL

Ancient Honda fanboi
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jun 11, 2015
Pioneer, TN
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5
I still think if can get around that first hell Mary rock and have a decent line afterwards it may be doable. I don't see too much hazard in trying that section and if it can be done the dangerous part may possible. I'd say no weight up top leave roof panel off with good tires no chop lift or sway bar and good throttle. Igr best

Screenshot 20170926 150349

:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p

Tramguage1

Tramguage1

Texan
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jul 2, 2015
Somereset, Texas
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
I want to say a big THANK YOU to all the folks that got this trip together. @JACKAL @Windrock1000 @joeymt33 and any others. Thanks to @ohanacreek for pics. @JTW thanks for letting us crash at your place twice! That was a huge help. I know he likes to wind people up but he's as good as they come. @Tigermark and son @Ragnar406 @moparornocar @sugarray @Plumber32 @joeymt33 @Koda @Kilo427 @lee @CumminsPusher @Tramguage1 and all those previously listed(or any i missed) thanks for a great time. What an awesome group of guys to ride with. @knuckledeep is prepared for anything, @Kilo427 can heal you, @Tramguage1 and @Ragnar406 will fix it and @CumminsPusher will help you find new methods of testing..... After a 1600 mile round trip I can say it was well worth it. We had our struggles but It was a great group to hang out with. These are some of the most genuine and helpful people you'll ever meet. I hope to make it back down for the takeover in April. I'll have to set aside more time for sure.

I'll say I was a little worried about widow maker and probably would have avoided it, but I didn't know we were all going down it until it was too late lol. After going up dragons back and down Widow Maker on a fully stock machine (except tires) I'll say i'm very impressed with this machine. Even more so than I already was. Yes, I even had the stock skids on there o_O. I ran out of time to get something better.

After a conversation ragnar and I had with some Polaris guys at camp I wanted to say one last thing. I believe @JACKAL was alluding to this as well. Machines are all designed for a purpose. Is a Stock Honda Pioneer 1000 the BEST machine for rock crawling, Hill climbing, Hauling a$$ on trails, or other extreme riding....doubtful....especially if doing it every day. Something a lot more custom would be a better fit. BUT, This machine CAN, WILL, and HAS accomplished all these things at different times. It's important to keep in mind what we ask of our machine and what it was truly designed for. When $h!T breaks it may very well be the man behind the wheel. While in TURF MODE I made it through and up trails I never thought I'd make. (500lbs in the back didn't hurt). I was very impressed!! Now I am no expert driver, I can't drive like Travis Pastrana, BJ Baldwin, or Robby Gordon. I'm just an average Joe from Iowa.

A pioneer can, will, and has done amazing things. I'm proud to own one and I am very grateful to have met all of you fellow owners.

Be Well
David
Some of us do some crazy s#i+ to be able to ride with this group!!!;)

advertisement
moparornocar

moparornocar

RIP....Rocmar...
Lifetime Member
Jan 26, 2016
Augusta, Wisconsin
Ownership

1. 1000-5

Be Well
David
It was great having you! Hope to see you in April again, maybe before in Wisconsin? In the mean time get some skids and 5 seater shocks and you will be set up perfect.

moparornocar

moparornocar

RIP....Rocmar...
Lifetime Member
Jan 26, 2016
Augusta, Wisconsin
Ownership

1. 1000-5
@moparornocar how about some pictures of those new rims before & after the overland adventure...Please & Thankyouo_O
They are kinda rough. Lol. I'm going to look at a set of 28 or 29" roctanes or something agressive for the trails on stock wheels and repair/refinish the rockstars for around here.

IMG 20170920 115411378 IMG 20170925 085237362 HDR

Eltobgi

Eltobgi

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Mar 21, 2016
North Dakota
Ownership

1. 500

2. 1000-5
ShadowAero

ShadowAero

“Big Tasty”
Lifetime Member
Apr 12, 2017
Mount Dora, FL
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I just finished reading 16 pages of comments. What an awesome trip! I love how this site is like a family. I hope some day to go out with you guys. I am not prepared. I have a lot of upgrades to even consider it. My biggest fear would be breaking something and not being able to get back to truck/trailer. I'm amazed after looking at list of issues that you all made it back. Kudos to you all!

advertisement

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!