Chances of survival?!?

J

Jshell3

If you can add anything, do the skid plates. You will hit bottom quite a few times I'm sure.

No winch needed since there will be many in the group

Stock tires will be fine but there's a chance you may cut one. I'll loan you one if that happens as I'm bringing all 4 stockers. There may be obstacles you will drive around like snuff mentioned.

No snorkel needed unless you want to run the river with some of us. It's a great way to wash the vehicle.

No radio? Just ride close to some of the other guys that have these super loud radios and you'll be fine.

" jak9922" lmfao grilling hotdogs on a stick over an open popo hahahahaha
Which skids do you suggest? (that's the subject of about 15 threads, right there, I know.) Just a quick link or something, please.

CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Just a Honda doing Honda things.
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
NOT SSS Off-road they are thin and the edges are tapered which lends to shearing around frame rails.

Edges aren't tapered there's a very slight round on the two outside edges. Mine have held up great. Are a little harder to clean out then most because no drain holes but they don't allow sticks to come through either.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:
joeymt33

joeymt33

i4WD=imitated 4WD
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Mar 17, 2015
Guntersville, AL
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
Which skids do you suggest? (that's the subject of about 15 threads, right there, I know.) Just a quick link or something, please.

Skids are close to the most expensive thing on your list and maybe the most depending on your tire choice. It would be nice to get it out of the way. Trail Armor has drain holes that work great. They're placed in areas where you shouldn't have to worry about a critical component. I don't have any experience with the others.

@Delton likes the aluminum skids he has. He's beat them things just as hard as I've beat the Trail Armor and I believe they are holding up good. They are cheaper and probably a good option.

CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Just a Honda doing Honda things.
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
Floorboard protection in these is pretty important so that's a good idea. All skids should come with fluid change holes to allow for that but usually smaller then stock and going through more material makes it a little tougher is all

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

sugarray

sugarray

Is this a game show?
Lifetime Member
Feb 17, 2016
WV
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Yes. I think that's what I'm thinking, too. I like the floorboard protection, as well.
Some of the skids, leave that off. These don't.
Also, does it make changing the oil, service, a royal pain?

No, I haven't had any problems. When dripping gets slow may get on, but no problems.

advertisement
J

JTW

Skids are close to the most expensive thing on your list and maybe the most depending on your tire choice. It would be nice to get it out of the way. Trail Armor has drain holes that work great. They're placed in areas where you shouldn't have to worry about a critical component. I don't have any experience with the others.

@Delton likes the aluminum skids he has. He's beat them things just as hard as I've beat the Trail Armor and I believe they are holding up good. They are cheaper and probably a good option.

I've got the same S&S Fabrication aluminum skid plates as Delton.. full plates, a arm guards, powder coated your choice of color and shipped to your door for $750. They're 3/16 and tuff.. I've beat the s*** out of mine the last ride and they're no worse for wear. The weight difference between aluminum and UHMW is negligible @ less than 10lbs from my calculations.. so pick the material you like better. If I were rock crawling in Moab I prolly would have gone the UHMW route.. but I believe the aluminum will offer better impact protection which is primarily my concern.
IMG 3077
S & S Fabrication, LLC.

P1000 - S&S Skid Plate Install

Smitty335

Smitty335

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 3, 2016
NWA Arkansas
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5

If you need to take your aluminum skids off. don't straighten them out, or you will be drilling new holes due to stretching

Reactions: sharp and JTW
advertisement