P1000m5 Charging system broken on brand new unit

Q

Qwikcobra

Nov 1, 2015
The Honda District Rep was at the dealer and called me with the diagnosis. Bad stator: 2 out of 3 leads are grounded and not charging. Rep spoke to me mechanic to mechanic and I appreciated that. They are overnighting a stator from Japan and believe they can have it repaired by the end of the week. He tried to downplay the repair work a little bit as just a little cover no motor coming out. It iss a fair amount of work for a new machine, but he has promised to stand behind the work and the dealer has been outstanding so far.

At this point I'm just wanting it fixed quickly and correctly, so i can start enjoying it. Don't have no axe to grind with Honda so I am still a loyal customer.

Driveshaft Boot update: He was able to just pull output shaft boot that had slipped down back into position, but need to watch out for that as they are not clamped on, which he didnt understand why honda would put boots on like that and not clamp them either.

Hondasxs

Hondasxs

Club Founder
Staff member
Feb 13, 2013
Charlotte, NC
HondaSxS.com
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon R
Thats great your dealer is on top of it. Glad they are making it a piority to get it fixed. Once the part arrives it should be 1/2 day job at the most. Just sucks they have to pull that cover. I'm sure they will do a good job and have it fixed soon.

Reactions: CumminsPusher
Q

Qwikcobra

Nov 1, 2015
Thanks I believe they will take care of it. Apparently they watch this forum pretty well so I think they want to resolve it the best they can.

bobbyhill

bobbyhill

Pay to Play and I'm broke all around!
Junior Moderator
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Apr 8, 2015
Smithfield, VA
Ownership

1. 700-4
It pays to have friends in High places and HONDA is at the top of this market right now! good job Honda on a great product and standing behind your customers!!

Reactions: CumminsPusher
CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Just a Honda doing Honda things.
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
I suppose even Honda can have problems but I do believe the the company fully as a whole. I've had such bad luck I would stick with Honda even if one did have problems. It's nice to see a company standing behind something. Sounds like you'll be up and running very shortly so you can enjoy that machine. Really nice to see it working out! Be nice when it's over you start enjoying the rig and tell everyone what's next for install.

Last edited:
Q

Qwikcobra

Nov 1, 2015
Just to close this thread out. I want to say that all issues appear to have been addressed properly and quickly by Honda and the dealer. Unit was picked up Tuesday and returned to me Friday morning. Big thanks to Rico Bohanon at Team Charlotte for keeping me updated and handling the delivery/pickup.

On the back end Honda nor the dealer offered anything such as an extended warranty nor would the dealer even budge to discount an accessory. I asked them to order me a glass windshield which they got quickly (Awesome!) but then they try to charge me list for it and after I b****ed get a whole 5 percent off. Now I remember why i buy everything online. Amazon should just start stocking pioneer 1ks, it would make everything a whole lot simpler.
But anyway so glad to have it back in like new condition again and looking forward to getting it out for the first big ride tomorrow. Thanks again for everyone's help and support here. I think it really helped light a fire under Honda to get this taken care of and make sure it wasn't going to be a common problem that could turn into a recall.

Reactions: Buryit

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!