A

Abuck

Dec 26, 2022
Missouri
Ownership

1. Do not currently own

2. Looking to buy

3. 1000-5
I just got my pioneer two days ago. Put on the roof, windshield and bumper. Put a hundred miles on it so far to break it in and I’ve had a few problems. First the fan never comes on and it’s overheated twice. Second it won’t go in any other mode but turf, two four and diff lock won’t work. I’m guessing that they just didn’t plug in the fan or hook up the cable to the transmission, but I’m wondering if anyone else has had these issues. Other than that I absolutely love this rig!
IMG 6626
IMG 6625

bumperm

bumperm

May 7, 2021
Gardnerville, NV
Ownership

1. 1000-5
More than a few have had problems, mostly due to sloppy assembly in the US. If the dealer is not far, I'd take it back and have them correct it. Though if you're like me, I toughed it out and just fixed it myself as the dealer is an hour away. There are threads on the problems you mentioned with pics and video's on what to check and how to adjust the rear diff, like this one:

Rear dif adjust

WagginTail

WagginTail

Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Oct 13, 2020
SC
Ownership

1. 1000-5
More than a few have had problems, mostly due to sloppy assembly in the US. If the dealer is not far, I'd take it back and have them correct it. Though if you're like me, I toughed it out and just fixed it myself as the dealer is an hour away. There are threads on the problems you mentioned with pics and video's on what to check and how to adjust the rear diff, like this one:

Rear dif adjust
Pretty sure the 2022 models and newer have a different way of adjusting the rear diff

Remington

Remington

Deputy Fife POIDH Enforcement Officer
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jul 24, 2016
Michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
I just got my pioneer two days ago.
Nice buggy!
But I think its time to take it back to your Steelership and talk to the Service manager or whoever is i charge of the final prep and say…
Hay WTF! Dont you guys check/teat things when they go out the door?
Or do u just slap together a $20k machine and here ya go! Good luck? If be pissed. When people buy a $15k home HVAC system from us and we miss the smallest of things, we hear about it. This aint small IMO. Even though Honda should have cought it like Carrier with us. But we are the installers and the final check before it goes the the customer so Its on us there. If we see these issues, we as a Dealer contact Carrier as they should with Honda.

Robobrainiac

Robobrainiac

Lifetime Member
Jul 15, 2020
Missouri
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I would hold the dealership responsible. Be prepared to pay for the transmission adjustment. I had 2 local Honda dealerships over the phone tell me they won't adjust it under warranty because Honda claims the adjustment is maintenance on my brand new 20 when it did the same thing. Even tho my machine was brand new. The dealership I purchased it from said they would adjust it for free but they were almost 3 hours away from me. I did the adjustment myself.

Hondasxs

Hondasxs

Club Founder
Staff member
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 13, 2013
Charlotte, NC
HondaSxS.com
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon R
Sorry for your issues. As said sloppy assbly is most likley the issue.
Did you pay an assembly fee or anything such? I'd be demanding that back.

Fan is most likley not plugged in. Look under the seat as the small black box.
Diff adjustment for 2022+ has moved to a single adjustment point on top of the rear diff.

Sent from my SM-G996U using Tapatalk

ODAMO

ODAMO

Oct 12, 2018
Ohio
Ownership

1. 1000-3
This is what the rear diff adjuster looks like. Its mounted right at the rear diff under a plastic cover. That should fix your drive problems. It sounds like the fan is either disconnected or maybe a fuse blown. If you don't have a service manual get one, it will help you learn all about your new machine. Nice lookin unit.

Scoop

Scoop

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Sep 7, 2021
Michigan
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon R LV
Welcome from MI!

Sorry your relationship with your Pioneer (and dealership) is off to a poor start. But as others have mentioned, you're not the first with these relatively minor issues that you can easily remedy yourself (if you so choose). Even if you do them yourself, I'd still let the dealership know that you're not happy, especially if they hit you with an assembly/prep fee.

PJon

PJon

Lifetime Member
Dec 9, 2020
Arizona
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I just got my pioneer two days ago. Put on the roof, windshield and bumper. Put a hundred miles on it so far to break it in and I’ve had a few problems. First the fan never comes on and it’s overheated twice. Second it won’t go in any other mode but turf, two four and diff lock won’t work. I’m guessing that they just didn’t plug in the fan or hook up the cable to the transmission, but I’m wondering if anyone else has had these issues. Other than that I absolutely love this rig!View attachment 393381View attachment 393382
I had a similar fan problem on my first ride with my 2018 P1k5. Probably lost a quart of coolant but after letting cool down was able to make it home. After talking with a mechanic at the dealership to find out where the electrical connection was for the fan, I found that the connector was in place but not completely seated. Added a quart of coolant and haven’t had a cooling problem since. Almost 6,000 miles on the rig now. I’m sure that someone will explain the adjustment sequence for your shifting problem.BTW, welcome to the forum from southern Arizona.

A

Abuck

Dec 26, 2022
Missouri
Ownership

1. Do not currently own

2. Looking to buy

3. 1000-5
Nice buggy!
But I think its time to take it back to your Steelership and talk to the Service manager or whoever is i charge of the final prep and say…
Hay WTF! Dont you guys check/teat things when they go out the door?
Or do u just slap together a $20k machine and here ya go! Good luck? If be pissed. When people buy a $15k home HVAC system from us and we miss the smallest of things, we hear about it. This aint small IMO. Even though Honda should have cought it like Carrier with us. But we are the installers and the final check before it goes the the customer so Its on us there. If we see these issues, we as a Dealer contact Carrier as they should with Honda.
Mostly kids working in the service center from what I could tell.

A

Abuck

Dec 26, 2022
Missouri
Ownership

1. Do not currently own

2. Looking to buy

3. 1000-5

Rear dif adjust
Thanks

Reactions: Smitty335 and ChadD
A

Abuck

Dec 26, 2022
Missouri
Ownership

1. Do not currently own

2. Looking to buy

3. 1000-5
I had a similar fan problem on my first ride with my 2018 P1k5. Probably lost a quart of coolant but after letting cool down was able to make it home. After talking with a mechanic at the dealership to find out where the electrical connection was for the fan, I found that the connector was in place but not completely seated. Added a quart of coolant and haven’t had a cooling problem since. Almost 6,000 miles on the rig now. I’m sure that someone will explain the adjustment sequence for your shifting problem.BTW, welcome to the forum from southern Arizona.
Thank you

Reactions: Smitty335 and ChadD
A

Abuck

Dec 26, 2022
Missouri
Ownership

1. Do not currently own

2. Looking to buy

3. 1000-5
View attachment 393399This is what the rear diff adjuster looks like. It’s mounted right at the rear diff under a plastic cover. That should fix your drive problems. It sounds like the fan is either disconnected or maybe a fuse blown. If you don't have a service manual get one, it will help you learn all about your new machine. Nice lookin unit.
Thanks!

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!