moparornocar

moparornocar

RIP....Rocmar...
Lifetime Member
Jan 26, 2016
Augusta, Wisconsin
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Sorry I didn't know the name of the dealer. Glad you found them. Hope they work out a good deal for you!

R

Rebmo

Aug 17, 2016
SE Wisconsin
Ownership

1. Do not currently own
How are you folks anchoring your P1k5s to enclosed trailers?

joeymt33

joeymt33

i4WD=imitated 4WD
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Mar 17, 2015
Guntersville, AL
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
How are you folks anchoring your P1k5s to enclosed trailers?

My trailer came with tie downs in the floor which you could add fairly easy.

I have something like this...
77e429d1c1bc5de3d247443e4e32ddda

This is another good idea I've seen people use. Fasten some E-track to the floor.

624672131c3c979057ba34382683aa56

SIGNATURE:
CumminsPusher quote: Boredom + Pioneer = trouble for me. I can't stop. Damn these things guys. I thank god I'm not the only one though. If it's just you then you're crazy if it's a group it's a sport!

Reactions: Hometeam
DTAGG

DTAGG

Sep 11, 2015
ST GEORGE UTAH/ACCORD LAKES SEVIER COUNTY UTAH
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I'm still kicking around 2016 or wait for 2017. Also, thinking about Storage. My Lund fishing boat goes in the garage for winter, and my sled trailer stays outside, I don't have indoor storage and wondering what thoughts you guys have on storing outside on a flatbed aluminum trailer with a cover? My old boat was fine covered. We live in a pretty safe country area but you never know. I have a shed for my 2 Garden Tractors, and pretty much out of indoor storage. I could have my wife park outside, nah I didn't really type that did I???
why not? i kicked by wife's car out years ago so i can park my toys in the garage. :D

DRAGFOOT

DRAGFOOT

Lifetime Member
Mar 16, 2016
MINNESOTA
Ownership

1. 1000-3
I also run out of storage in the winter months when the sleds come home. I was considering getting the storage cover from Honda and keeping it behind my garage. I figure if I use it enough, the critters shouldn't be an issue I wouldn't think.

R

Rebmo

Aug 17, 2016
SE Wisconsin
Ownership

1. Do not currently own
My trailer came with tie downs in the floor which you could add fairly easy.

I have something like this...
View attachment 21258

Thanks, I put some similar tie downs in my snowmobile trailer. Much lighter load so wondered if more HD tie downs are needed.
why not? i kicked by wife's car out years ago so i can park my toys in the garage. :D

Living life dangerously I see, hahaha No winch made will get you out of that one...........

R

Rebmo

Aug 17, 2016
SE Wisconsin
Ownership

1. Do not currently own
Well, I got really close to closing a deal on a 2016 but still about $500 apart. I have located a trailer that will work (enclosed). Unfortunately I had a Patio door go bad on our house and need to funnel some $$ to replace that. So it looks like I'm on the 2017 program at this point. I'd like to be able afford some mods, roof, winch, lighting, tunes, skid plates and suspension guards, bed extender, mirrors, so probably better I put some $$ away for that and maybe late next season when the deals start I can pick up a P1000-5d. So hope you don't mind my hangin around and learning before I jump in some time next year.

sharp

sharp

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jan 27, 2016
Tennessee
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Well, I got really close to closing a deal on a 2016 but still about $500 apart. I have located a trailer that will work (enclosed). Unfortunately I had a Patio door go bad on our house and need to funnel some $$ to replace that. So it looks like I'm on the 2017 program at this point. I'd like to be able afford some mods, roof, winch, lighting, tunes, skid plates and suspension guards, bed extender, mirrors, so probably better I put some $$ away for that and maybe late next season when the deals start I can pick up a P1000-5d. So hope you don't mind my hangin around and learning before I jump in some time next year.
Hang around all you want, chances are by the time you go to buy, you will know more about the pioneer than the dealer will! Good luck

Delton

Delton

Honda Fanboy
Vendor
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jan 6, 2016
Middle TN
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Welcome to the forum. That washed out area you mentioned wouldn't have slowed you down as much as you think. The P1K is more capable than alot of people give them credit for. They can climb most anything and crawl through the muck with the best of them. The motor has a broad powerband too. I've yet to wish I had more power to get through/over something. The dct takes some getting used to. Trying to slip the clutch for baby smooth takeoffs or creeping around at 1.5 mph is a bad idea. Good luck on whatever model you decide on. If you wait for the 2017, all I can say is you're a more patient man than me lol.

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!