Choosing a windshield

Stateboy

Stateboy

Lifetime Member
Apr 5, 2021
Wolverine, MI
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Most seem to like the SATV split plastic windshield. They're scratch resistant where as glass windshields are more scratch "proof" (for the most part). My used 2019 1000-5 came with the SATV and I like it.

CID

CID

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 27, 2019
SE Denver-ish
Ownership

1. Talon R
I like the SuperATV flip up too, it spends 95% of it life ‘up’ and is only down for rain or cold. It‘s plastic, so not as scratch proof as glass but it’s the only game in town right now - flip on the fly as necessary, no stopping to change position (unless you’re tightly harnessed in). Fwiw: Talon but same idea.

DennyChapman

DennyChapman

Sep 7, 2021
Statesboro Ga.
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I like the SuperATV flip up too, it spends 95% of it life ‘up’ and is only down for rain or cold. It‘s plastic, so not as scratch proof as glass but it’s the only game in town right now - flip on the fly as necessary, no stopping to change position (unless you’re tightly harnessed in). Fwiw: Talon but same idea.
Thanks

HBarlow

HBarlow

Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2020
Daniels, WV
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. Talon X
I have a Honda 2 piece poly shield. I prefer the Honda windshield over the SATV because the Honda has rubber seals all around that provide an excellent fit against a Honda hard top, windshield posts, and cowl. The rubber weather seals keep out the cold when temps are cold.

I also have Honda fabric upper doors, Honda cab rear panel, and an under seat Inferno heater so keeping the cold air out matters.

TripleB

TripleB

Lifetime Member
Aug 13, 2018
Caryville, Tennessee
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
Picking up my p1000-3 in less than 2 weeks. Must have a windshield asap, looking for any type of feedback on which one to choose
Something that flips up for sure or you will be miserable from the cab heat. If you lived in a cooler climate it wouldn't matter as much. I have the Superatv but I think there is a flip up glass option now.

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!