drfubar

TheDonFather
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jun 7, 2016
Mary's Ridge (Dayton Mtn), TN
Ownership

1. 1000-3
Ok boys and girls, Christine and I were just talking and we are going to resurrect a Christmas tradition of ours. Our family's travel here during Thanksgiving and spend time with us but Christmas for us has always just been me and her. I'm not complaining. We actually like the solitude sometimes. So a number of years ago when I was a two wheel nut we started riding the Dragon on the Tennessee/North Carolina border every Christmas. Everyone's heard of it I'm sure, 318 curves in 11 miles. A mecca for motorcycles where I've played many summers with my Yamaha and Triumphs. It got where I knew every corner both ways like the back of my hand. "The Hill" as it's called by those of us who love it is calling my name again. We have decided to load up the Pioneer and go play on Christmas Day... Dragon style. I'm sure all of the you are probably spending the day with your family but if you are not you are welcome to join us for a few passes and Christmas dinner at the Huddle house in Dayton, (another Christmas tradition),lol. The video is of one of our Christmas past days... enjoy and if you can, come play with us.
We also have an extra bed if needed...

Last edited:
sharp

sharp

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jan 27, 2016
Tennessee
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Ok boys and girls, Christine and I were just talking and we are going to resurrect a Christmas tradition of ours. Our family's travel here during Thanksgiving and spend time with us but Christmas for us has always just been me and her. I'm not complaining. We actually like the solitude sometimes. So a number of years ago when I was a two wheel nut we started riding the Dragon on the Tennessee/North Carolina border every Christmas. Everyone's heard of it I'm sure, 318 curves in 11 miles. A mecca for motorcycles where I've played many summers with my Yamaha and Triumphs. It got where I knew every corner both ways like the back of my hand. "The Hill" as it's called by those of us who love it is calling my name again. We have decided to load up the Pioneer and go play on Christmas Day... Dragon style. I'm sure all of the you are probably spending the day with your family but if you are not you are welcome to join us for a few passes and Christmas dinner at the Huddle house in Dayton, (another Christmas tradition),lol. The video is of one of our Christmas past days... enjoy and if you can, come play with us.
Awsome! Take advantage of the weather when you can, it's supposed to be 70* on Christmas.

drfubar

drfubar

TheDonFather
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jun 7, 2016
Ownership

1. 1000-3
Dragon map small

drfubar

drfubar

TheDonFather
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jun 7, 2016
Ownership

1. 1000-3
Got the Bone Mobile cleaned up and ready for Sunday's ride. All I have to do now is change to my road tires and fill her up with gas and check the oil. Should I take the video camera? Yea, I think I will. Starting a new Christmas tradition. Start planning for next year boys!
20161222 1032161 20161222 1031521

20161222 1031301 20161222 1031301

Last edited:
Tigermark

Tigermark

Outside looking in.
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Just a Honda doing Honda things.
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
Years back I had a CBR and man oh man I would've liked to find road like that. That's pretty awesome

CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Just a Honda doing Honda things.
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
I've road the Dragon on a 1000 GSXR, 600 YZF, a BMW Z3, and my 2003 Cobra Mustang. I've never done it on a SxS though. That road is pretty incredible...

Does sound cool. It'd be awesome to close it it once a year for timed trials

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

sharp

sharp

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jan 27, 2016
Tennessee
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I've road the Dragon on a 1000 GSXR, 600 YZF, a BMW Z3, and my 2003 Cobra Mustang. I've never done it on a SxS though. That road is pretty incredible...
Me and my wife have rode motorcycles on the dragon several times, she loves it, she was also on her GSXR, I was on a SV 1000. That rode is like a play ground for bikes.

Delton

Delton

Honda Fanboy
Vendor
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jan 6, 2016
Middle TN
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I thought about riding there in the sxs while there on the Vulcan. Speed limit was 35 so well within legal limits of our rigs. Honestly I think I might like it better in the Pioneer. Loved the curves, scenery was meh. I liked Cherohala skyway much better. Speed limit there was 40 so still legal. Breathtaking scenery and alot of altitude change. Love that part of the country. Maybe next year Don!

AKRider

AKRider

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Mar 31, 2016
Palmer, Alaska
Ownership

1. 1000-5

I tried to watch the video. I guess they think Alaska is its own country... lol
Dragon Video

Reactions: sharp
drfubar

drfubar

TheDonFather
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jun 7, 2016
Ownership

1. 1000-3
I thought about riding there in the sxs while there on the Vulcan. Speed limit was 35 so well within legal limits of our rigs. Honestly I think I might like it better in the Pioneer. Loved the curves, scenery was meh. I liked Cherohala skyway much better. Speed limit there was 40 so still legal. Breathtaking scenery and alot of altitude change. Love that part of the country. Maybe next year Don!
The Dragon is fun... The Cherohala is beautiful but much more dangerous. In my years of riding two wheels I've come on several dead motorcyclists on the Cherohala and none on the Dragon. Speeds on the Cherohala are much, much higher. Crash into guard rails at those speeds and you seldom get a second chance...

Reactions: Tigermark and sharp

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!