Smitty335

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 3, 2016
NWA Arkansas
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
How man shops have an alignment rack for atvs? None thay i know of, most of the time if it's that bad out of shape, insurance will just replace the frame or total the unit. The time it would cost to rack an Atv would outweigh the value. Add that to the fact there aren't any caster, or camber adjustments then you figure out why they don't need to post specs.

Maybe in this utv world they'll make alignment adjustments possible wirh caster and camber adjusters. But no one has yet, so there's no real way to adjust anything. If it's bent you just have eyeball it or replace parts.
With the new a arms from accessories shops, you have camber adjustments front and rear, toe in for the rear and caster in the front, toe in the old fashioned way for the front, somewhat crude, but? I would think all you need is a center line and an angle finder????? And you can get the set up from the accessories mgf. I'm probably missing the boat here?

0860silverado

Lifetime Member
May 25, 2017
louisiana
Ownership

1. 1000-3
Muffler replacement?
Yes. I haven't done it yet. I'm researching an aftermarket (or weld another brand of OEM) unit that will last a few years. Not looking for any performance or sound gains. I actually want the machine as quiet as possible. I just want a muffler that will last more than 2400 miles/11 months. (It's not covered under extended warranty). Sounds like "Uncle Buck's" car. flopflopflopflopflopflop.....

Smitty335

Smitty335

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 3, 2016
NWA Arkansas
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
I
Yes. I haven't done it yet. I'm researching an aftermarket (or weld another brand of OEM) unit that will last a few years. Not looking for any performance or sound gains. I actually want the machine as quiet as possible. I just want a muffler that will last more than 2400 miles/11 months. (It's not covered under extended warranty). Sounds like "Uncle Buck's" car. flopflopflopflopflopflop.....
I like quiet also, but 2,400 miles?? I've had several rebuildable accessory mufflers that were quite, thanks for the heads up! Honda must be investing heavily in the accessory mgf. market.

Reactions: 0860silverado

0860silverado

Lifetime Member
May 25, 2017
louisiana
Ownership

1. 1000-3
I

I like quiet also, but 2,400 miles?? I've had several rebuildable accessory mufflers that were quite, thanks for the heads up! Honda must be investing heavily in the accessory mgf. market.
Now you can imagine my position... Do I get a quality muffler from aftermarket or another OEM and hope my engine doesn't eat its cams, (which seems to be an emerging problem and therefore void my extended warranty), or continue to replace Honda's soup can when I change my oil? SUX!

0860silverado

Lifetime Member
May 25, 2017
louisiana
Ownership

1. 1000-3
Remove the bolts, replace the packing and parts if needed, done the same thing with stock mufflers, just have to be creative, rock wool is your friend, pretty sweet!
It's split at the weld. I do appreciate your help though!

Reactions: CumminsPusher

0860silverado

Lifetime Member
May 25, 2017
louisiana
Ownership

1. 1000-3
Remove the bolts, replace the packing and parts if needed, done the same thing with stock mufflers, just have to be creative, rock wool is your friend, pretty sweet!
And I ask...Rock wool?

L

Luv4Chaos1

Aug 1, 2016
Pinckney, MI
Ownership

1. 1000-5
At least Polaris fixes their mistakes... My Honda has been fine... I musta got a Wednesday build.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Smitty335

Smitty335

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 3, 2016
NWA Arkansas
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
And I ask...Rock wool?
Only if you listen to rock and roll, just kidding. You can buy generic muffler insulation kits, they have different insulations to chose from. I do have to back up though, I have never taken my stock muffler apart.

advertisement
Trapper77

Trapper77

Dec 18, 2017
Wisconsin
Ownership

1. 1000-5
All I can do is laugh about these problems. It's the only way I can keep from doing something that would send me to jail. I've kept quiet a couple months but now I've found out I have to do a brake job and muffler replacement at every oil change. Unbelievably horrible quality on my machine. I know others have had better luck but mine is a lemon. It hurts, guys.

I worked for yamaha motor Corp. can’t say to much cause they made me sign a confidentiality form that lasts a while. But, this is why we pulled snowmobiles off the line and tested to make sure the people putting them together didn’t make mistakes that we didn’t find in our durability testing. If we found problems like these people were getting fired far before the general public would have these problems. As far as Yamaha is concerned if you pay this much for a machine and Your as loyal as I was to Honda with an extended warranty even a consumer inflicted problem here and there would be covered. But Honda is so arrogant and think they are perfect they won’t even listen!!!

H

HondaTech

I think alot of these issues may be stemming from a crappy dealer service. I've never had a HPP claim denied unless it was obviously the customers fault. This all sounds likes you have dealers or DSMs who are hard asses.

Reactions: JTW
Smitty335

Smitty335

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 3, 2016
NWA Arkansas
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
I think alot of these issues may be stemming from a crappy dealer service. I've never had a HPP claim denied unless it was obviously the customers fault. This all sounds likes you have dealers or DSMs who are hard asses.
My dealer has been great with warranty issues. I just don't care for there attitude about things they don't carry, like wheels ect. I ended up buying my wheels/tires from a Yamaha dealer for my Honda???? Wasn't price!

M

Mlaz81

Dec 24, 2017
Madison OH
Ownership

1. 500

2. Other Brand
I worked for yamaha motor Corp. can’t say to much cause they made me sign a confidentiality form that lasts a while. But, this is why we pulled snowmobiles off the line and tested to make sure the people putting them together didn’t make mistakes that we didn’t find in our durability testing. If we found problems like these people were getting fired far before the general public would have these problems. As far as Yamaha is concerned if you pay this much for a machine and Your as loyal as I was to Honda with an extended warranty even a consumer inflicted problem here and there would be covered. But Honda is so arrogant and think they are perfect they won’t even listen!!!

I've owned four Yamahas. A new yxz is currently at my dealer awaiting the gear reduction kit. All have had impeccable quality. The grizzly I own has over 7k on it. Changed the bearings once, and an oil seal, that's it. I hope my 500 is as reliable, only reason I bought it was because unfortunately Yamaha does not make a 50' machine. (Since buying the 500 though, I guaranteed they will soon)

Reactions: JTW and Plumber32
Trapper77

Trapper77

Dec 18, 2017
Wisconsin
Ownership

1. 1000-5

Well I can tell you my dealer went to bat for me arguing with Honda!! I was there to witness it. It was all HONDA the whole way. The rep was a complete a$$hole which probably doesn’t help. But that’s not my fault I’m the costumer. You think Honda would give some credit to the people paying their bills.

J

JoelSplittstozer

Sep 19, 2018
Mn
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I had 600 miles on my 10003 and totaled it. The connection boot from the air intake was not properly secured from the factory and was told that water had gotten into the engine and hydrolocked it. It was only a couple months out of the Honda warranty, I had the extended warranty, but it did not matter. I've dealt with two reps, tried dealing with Honda directly, my dealer, and the extended warranty company with no success.

I just thought I'd throw this out there but mine had the same issue with the intake boots not even all the way around the tube it was just sitting against it. Had to loosen the clamps and Slide the boot over the tube and reconnect it. luckily I noticed this before too much water splashed up in there

Reactions: 0860silverado

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!