P1000 Clear View II Electric defrost

M

Markeabe

Jun 22, 2018
Us
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Has anyone tried to use the stick on defrosting matts like the (Clear View II) to remove ice and fog on the windshield of your enclosed cab. They are the same as the rear defroster on your car. Thoughts anyone!

Reactions: Isaiah
Vikes79

Vikes79

SKOL!
Lifetime Member
Jul 18, 2018
South Dakota
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X4 LV
It’s a cool idea. Never considered it/heard about it. Most try to vent a heater to the windshield to defrost.

it could definitely help when plowing snow if it were added to the front windows.

With some of the kits drawing 15 amps avg it might be a load for the stator to manage over time? I’m not sure what the stator output is and the power consumption of the motor and transmission is?

dale5740

dale5740

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 4, 2016
mt airy md
I know when im plowing with my dual battery set up with my western v plow. When im working hard and fast it has been an issue ass it starts to make the pioneer shift weird and go into a neutral type situation then thump into gear. Weak charging system. Im looking for a fix for this issue currently. but not a big deal if you aren't running a bunch of lights or a plow! I can't run anything while im plowing!! plow takes everything she's got scotty!!

It’s a cool idea. Never considered it/heard about it. Most try to vent a heater to the windshield to defrost.

it could definitely help when plowing snow if it were added to the front windows.

With some of the kits drawing 15 amps avg it might be a load for the stator to manage over time? I’m not sure what the stator output is and the power consumption of the motor and transmission is?

Last edited:

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!